IS HBO gonna get shafted by AT&T?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The first episode of Sharp Objects seemed kind of promising, but I'm a fan of Amy Adams. I sort of agree on Succession, don't care who wins, the world would be a better place if all those helicopters crashed in the first episode.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
does anyone here watch GOT anymore because they still enjoy the show or just because they want to see it to the end?

• 2Like

Cybsled

I still like the show, but I am also wanting to see the conclusion since the books will never be finished lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Definitely still like the show. I can't wait for the final season.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
does anyone here watch GOT anymore because they still enjoy the show or just because they want to see it to the end?
That's a sad realization. And HBO lucked out, really, that GRRM is such a lazy sack of shit. If there were already a book resolution, I likely wouldn't give a shit about the show.

Westworld I'm iffy on caring about season 3, Silicon Valley I wrote off a couple years ago because they decided to suck shit. Veep is still funny, but I think this will be the last season.

And that's pretty much it. So yeah, HBO basically has nothing left anymore. They ruined True Detective and Westworld by pumping out a shitty rushed product, which could've been their next line of programming to last them 5-6 seasons.

Edit: They DO still have Curb, but Larry David taking decades off between seasons isn't helping them any.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You guys forget that HBO produces a decent amount of shitty shows and a few masterpieces every now and then.

Just log into HBO Go and book at all their series and tell me I'm wrong.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a good chance they'd have been in trouble soon anyways. Westworld's 2nd season was a letdown, and with Silicon Valley being down and I can't imagine Veep will be going all that much longer once GoT ends not sure there was a whole lot left. They need to come up with some new shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's a sad realization. And HBO lucked out, really, that GRRM is such a lazy sack of shit. If there were already a book resolution, I likely wouldn't give a shit about the show.

Westworld I'm iffy on caring about season 3, Silicon Valley I wrote off a couple years ago because they decided to suck shit. Veep is still funny, but I think this will be the last season.

And that's pretty much it. So yeah, HBO basically has nothing left anymore. They ruined True Detective and Westworld by pumping out a shitty rushed product, which could've been their next line of programming to last them 5-6 seasons.

Edit: They DO still have Curb, but Larry David taking decades off between seasons isn't helping them any.

Thats exactly what im saying. They dont have shit. Tons of series but they are all garbage other than maybe 2-4 depending on what you like. Saying that At&T pumping cash into them is gonna harm the quality? LOL, what quality? Sopranos, Wire, GOT, that one prison one, and Westworld but thats a bit iffy since the jury is out. Yeah some comedy shit here and there, shit older moves....

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They also had Rome and Deadwood. Which they killed both off prematurely (for whatever reason the internet likes to claim this year).

Really, Sopranos, Oz, The Wire, and the above two were all around the same time period. There was a pretty big drought between them and GoT.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I forgot about Rome and Deadwood, both good too, but short. And im sure everyone that has HBO already saw that shit. Some even twice or more, lol.Shit, also band of brothers was also a classic, Pacific, not as good IMO.

They need to do more high production shit like GOT. I would like to see shit like Hyperion, or some Isaac Asimov, maybe Dune? Done right.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
YEah I forgot about Rome and Deadwood, both good too, but short. And im sure everyone that has HBO already saw that shit. Some even twice or more, lol.Shit, also band of brothers was also a classic, Pacific, not as good IMO.

They need to do more high production shit like GOT. I would like to see shit like Hyperion, or some Isaac Asimov, maybe Dune? Done right.
there was that one with steve buscemi i used to watch. old timey gangsters

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
there was that one with steve buscemi i used to watch. old timey gangsters

Boardwalk Empire, and it was very good.

There's a good chance they'd have been in trouble soon anyways. Westworld's 2nd season was a letdown, and with Silicon Valley being down and I can't imagine Veep will be going all that much longer once GoT ends not sure there was a whole lot left. They need to come up with some new shit.

Next season is Veep's last I believe.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How can one even tell right now, given it's been a year and it will be another year until we get more?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How can one even tell right now, given it's been a year and it will be another year until we get more?
its easy, when you think about GoT does your brain say, "i miss my D&D nerd crack" or does it say "where is this shit? i want to find out how this thing ends and if Cersei was really a villain??"?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm really enjoying Succession, but like 95% of the most recent new HBO stuff is just shit I'm not interested in at all. Looking forward to GoT wrapping up(though I have low expectations of it being great).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
HBO makes a few great shows per decade. They used to have the best comedy specials, too.