Is the MMO Market imploding?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Neverwinter not being mentioned at all should tell you a lot about the state of the game

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Played two classes into the teens... it just didnt grab me. The quest model is WoW-like and I dont really enjoy that anymore I guess. I went in expecting to get a month out of it and didnt log back in after the weekend.

Edit: for the F2P games just download and get your own impression, there are people out there loving Neverwinter after all.

axeman_sl

shitlord
No one mentioned Neverwinter, how did that turn out? CoH/CoV was one of my best MMO experiences. Really felt like a powerful hero/villain fighting multiple mobs and the grouping was probably the funnest time I've had. It was just so chaotic with powers flying everywhere. Mastermind class was awesome, too. Since the same studio that made CoH/CoV made Neverwinter I'm interested to hear if it was any good.
It was a total cash grab shell of a game. Every single aspect of it was designed with one goal in mind: get the player to pay extra. It was wrapped in a thin lacquer of shiny first impressions, but it rubbed off after a few hours and revealed a total discount game of half measures and greedy gimmicks. It was also totally pay2win and had no security whatsoever, so the legitimacy and integrity of the gameplay was completely fucked. It was one of the worst MMORPGs I've ever played, but the controls were pretty cool.