Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale
Dev Update #6
Closed alpha goes like the 28th for weekends to start with. Can pick up a key for $25.

Yet another Battle Royale game going into alpha soon. This one looks pretty good with an interesting concept of the ability to have a battle royale with different biomes and weapons.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't have a complaint against more competition, but holy fuck make your game stand out more. Go futuristic or steampunk or something, stop creating the same shit over and over and over again.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's wrong with this game? Do tell please. Genuinely curious because I thought it looked alright from the trailer.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's wrong with this game? Do tell please. Genuinely curious because I thought it looked alright from the trailer.

It's just very generic and not anywhere near ready. Now it is in pre-alpha and isn't even on steam early access yet. I still like the concept but it's in a pretty bad and boring state right now. Save your money at least till they start letting people stream it and you can see if they have made any improvements. Game is under a NDA still, what are they gonna do, not advertise here?

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its pretty damn crazy how this space is rife for tiny studios of people. They can get away with making one single map, there is zero story pressure. It allows for a $25 or less price point to launch. The infrastructure for this kind of limited dedicated server setup is cheap and easy. And the game type seems to have an absolute pile of hardcore junkies that will tolerate the worst experience known to man because, I think people just want to see a "new map". And each successive game purchase is like a DLC for the previous game - follow me here - because these teams can never refine their game (generally) or fast enough to stay on top.

They have tiny studios, they have cashed out. There seems to be little long term value for the studio to devote much of their blood and treasure after the game goes viral in the community. They've made their money, and they have no long term strategy - like cosmetic shops in Dota/LoL/Heroes/Quake Champions etc - to keep the game fresh and up to date as a purely multiplayer title.

As soon as there is a T1 treatment, with multiple high fidelity maps, sound design, skins/model replacements, private/friend and public servers with leaderboards and robust matchmaking for both solos and groups with a long term business model like other games. I think that and only that will stop the "bad clone" DLC epidemic of this game style.

xzi

Mouthbreather
At least the game is a bit more aesthetically pleasaing than any of the other battle royale games out at the moment. I'd say I'm currently satisfied with PUBG but gonna be keeping an eye on this one as well when it's a bit further along in development.

Battle Royale games are the new MOBA/survival apparently

Hekotat

Looks like this launches tomorrow for early access on Steam, anyone gonna check it out?

Hekotat

I'd seen Shroud play it. Basically comes across as a Halo BR.

It looked pretty good to me, especially with PUBG in a death spiral. They been focusing on performance over everything else so that's a huge plus. If it's under 30 I'll check it out, I can always return it.