IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Also the points are
A) visual studio as a developing GUI for client side developing is woefully equiped, compared to how easy it is to develop on it on server side stuff.
B) c# as a language can not do any of the thing modern day client side frameworks do.

Both points are valid and you are just arguing for the sake of it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fact you keep calling it xml is hilarious. It's not xml it's declarative markup.
I don't know, that's just what came up when I googled it. And it sure as shit looks like xml so sue me.

JSX is a preprocessor step that adds XML syntax to JavaScript. You can definitely use React without JSX but JSX makes React a lot more elegant. Just like XML, JSX tags have a tag name, attributes, and children. If an attribute value is enclosed in quotes, the value is a string.
That's just googles first result.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also the points are
A) visual studio as a developing GUI for client side developing is woefully equiped, compared to how easy it is to develop on it on server side stuff.
B) c# as a language can not do any of the thing modern day client side frameworks do.

Both points are valid and you are just arguing for the sake of it.
I don't even know what the hell you're going on about. This was your original quote:

lendarios_sl said:
I love c# but it has a major problem. It does everything for you. So when you have to do something outside of is wheelhouse like tsx development, it really fails, and theyou lack the knockledge because all you are used to, is pressing F5.

Vinen

God is dead
Visual studio is awfully equipped to handle that type of development, specially when you are used to just hitting f5.

For example is order to use a tsx, it is required to get a .d.ts a definetly typed file. If you don't have it, you can't use typescript properly.
Also there is no integration with github, so getting a new package is a pita.
Asp.net v5 helps a bit, but in asp.net 4.6.1, you really have to struggle.

Also setting up dinamic packages loaders in JavaScript is a pita to do, but somehow everyone knows how to do it.
What is a better development env for this type then Visual Studio?

Hint: It's not Eclipse or IntelliJ.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the question was rhetorical. Although with my limited front end experience I found IntelliJ did a really damn good job of handling it all.

Vinen

God is dead
I think the question was rhetorical. Although with my limited front end experience I found IntelliJ did a really damn good job of handling it all.
It was. There is no such thing as a good web-page development IDE at this time.

Webstorm doesn't look that bad actually.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It was. There is no such thing as a good web-page development IDE at this time.

Webstorm doesn't look that bad actually.
Actually, Webstorm is pretty damn good for Node / Javascript web app development. Lots of support for various frameworks plus a ton of useful plugins.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was done through a third party at my consent. I wasn't like "hey guys look", although I guess at this point we're just splitting hairs.