IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Surprised it takes that long to find a job. Maybe it's just my area, but tossing my resume out around here is like shooting fish in a bucket

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Surprised it takes that long to find a job. Maybe it's just my area, but tossing my resume out around here is like shooting fish in a bucket

I had thought it was just me being a retard or something. But asking around most people experience the same. Unless you have an extensive network of former coworkers that can get you in or are highly specialized in some way then it's an absolute slog.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the comp package thing math's out. If I were to say they would have paid me more overall than the comp package after like 4 months or something. I mean I have been trying to leave since I started looking for jobs seriously in like November, don't get me wrong. So I will leave the second I find one, absolutely. But it seems exceptionally insane that they lay off people on my own team and simultaneously keep me just to create a situation where I want to leave and somehow cost them less money because of this.

I wanted to leave already so I really didn't care about the comp detail this year. It just pissed me off at how fucking petty it was. On the upside I'll never see that guy again so... that's cool.

I did apply to that NC job you mentioned awhile back alavaz alavaz . They never responded lol.

Do you have a security clearance? I forgot.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I had a TS clearance before. But I got out of the Army in 2010. It would have to be updated.

When you apply, say you have TS. That's the only way they'll call you. Then they can look you up JPAS and see if it's expired or not.

They don't always expire just because x amount of years has lapsed like they're supposed to. Especially now adays because it takes so long, they'll let them lapse down to secret and then they'll never expire, they'll just have to kick off a PRI right when you get hired. The only downside is that you have to hang around at least until you're current again.

Vinen

God is dead
When you apply, say you have TS. That's the only way they'll call you. Then they can look you up JPAS and see if it's expired or not.

They don't always expire just because x amount of years has lapsed like they're supposed to. Especially now adays because it takes so long, they'll let them lapse down to secret and then they'll never expire, they'll just have to kick off a PRI right when you get hired. The only downside is that you have to hang around at least until you're current again.

Should have expired after 5 years IIRC. At 5 years a "reinvestigation" is required.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Should have expired after 5 years IIRC. At 5 years a "reinvestigation" is required.

TS will expire at 5 but secret is still good for 10. If you have TS you also have secret since you have to be cleared secret before you can be cleared TS. The statuses aren't all cut and dry either and a lot of them that get lumped into "expired" can actually just be reactived (though a PRI will immediately be kicked off).

I should also mention, where I work, you can start with secret and they'll bring you up to TS/SCI

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I do kind of was a TS/SCI but they are rare here. We got.a new hire and our company didn't do something right during his transfer so he lost his TS and they have to reinvestigate him.

Vinen

God is dead
I do kind of was a TS/SCI but they are rare here. We got.a new hire and our company didn't do something right during his transfer so he lost his TS and they have to reinvestigate him.

Had a security office fuckup my first clearance process and I ended up with my interim denied. Was an amazingly boring internship. Didn't find out for a few years that it wasn't random or something wrong on my side.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I always bug the crap out of whoever my FSO is whenever I change jobs or PRI. Usually what gets screwed up is that your departing company will drop you before your new company takes over it and then it goes into a loss of jurisdiction. It's actually not even that big of a deal, but for whatever reason no one ever wants to deal with it so they'll just sorry can't get you a clearance.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Figured i'd ask here for those that are familiar with ReactNative.

Anyone know a good library to integrate biometric authentication? i've been trying to figure this shit out for awhile now on integrating Face ID / Touch ID to login to an app i made but i can't find shit all for it

edit: i see libraries that will allow you to just authenticate off your touch etc. However i don't see anything regarding, storing data in the device's keychain -- on successful touch/face authentication it will pull the data from that keychain though which i swhat i need lol

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Had a security office fuckup my first clearance process and I ended up with my interim denied. Was an amazingly boring internship. Didn't find out for a few years that it wasn't random or something wrong on my side.
The best part? An interim can be granted locally by the security officer with no input from the CAF at all. They could have given you one at any time but they were paranoid and didn't understand the rules.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how they do it here but definitely don't do interim locally (vinen worked here). I don't understand the process one bit here

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's all going to depend how next week goes with my review. I've been putting in a lot of time, doing some big features, and the biggest thing I guess is I'm constantly mentoring a few employees. They have a new retention program where we are "ambassadors " to a new employee for 12 months. It sounds about as dumb as it is. But of course I was signed up for it. I've heard that's the easiest way to he promoted but we'll see. If not promoted this round I'm gonna start looking.