IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Vinen

God is dead
Wormie is right.
Hope its not Amazon. You will be looking for another job within a year due to the abuse of employees. For some reason their recruiters appear to have a hard-on for me for me. Yesterday was two separate recruiters for the same area of Amazon...

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Hope its not Amazon. You will be looking for another job within a year due to the abuse of employees.
That's interesting. We had a guy come back to us after working at Amazon for a couple years. I always wondered, "Why on Earth would you leave Amazon to come back to this crap hole?"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Contains Duplicate II

This was a fun one. But I cannot think of how to make this any quicker. Performance wasn't too bad, though.

Yeah that was a fun little problem. I did mine in Groovy but most Java implementation. I wasn't 100% sure given the requirements if the following execution should have returned true or false. So I may have an off-by-one bug here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Never heard anyone ever say anything positive about working at Amazon, whereas the other 3 people like their jobs a lot.

Vinen

God is dead
Never heard anyone ever say anything positive about working at Amazon, whereas the other 3 people like their jobs a lot.
Pretty much. I know plenty of long-time Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Apple, Facebook people.

Never met someone who has stayed more than a year or two tops at Amazon. Regardless of role-

Actually, most of the long-time Oracle left it since it's a stale company.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah that was a fun little problem. I did mine in Groovy but most Java implementation. I wasn't 100% sure given the requirements if the following execution should have returned true or false. So I may have an off-by-one bug here.

I had an hour long car ride with nothing better to do but think about this problem so I made some changes

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It takes skill to be an uglier language than c++. Java has those skills
biggrin.png

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just lost one of my good sys admin to spaceX I am very jelous but also not looking to move to LA.