IT Training / Courses

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Company is paying for some more training. Was posting here to see if you guys could suggest some awesome courses.

The boss basically e-mailed me this link:Global Knowledge: Business and IT Trainingand told me to pick 5. Price is a non-issue I believe (within reason).

I have a degree in Chemistry and background experience in networking but with no formal certifications.

I thought about just diving down the Cisco Network Engineer training line (Starting with CCENT) because I haven't taken it.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I took a couple Global Knowledge WMware courses and they were good. GN is VMware approved so all the course materials came right from VMware (you have to take the VMware classes to even be allowed to take the certification tests). We also had one guy take an SQL course remotely with GN and he said it was pretty decent. He did go to an empty office after the first day because he kept getting calls / people stopping by during the class lol.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
BTW, we all got free ipads for taking the classes through GN. I haven't gotten anything very recently but they are often sending me emails with offers of more ipads
rolleyes.png

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are offering a deal right now. Take a class and chose from a 40" Samsung smart tv, an ipad mini, Surfact RT tablet, or a Galaxy Note tablet for free.

I'm looking at that TV.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I got all my certs from CED Solutions. They give you ipads, etc, too. Airfare, lodging, and lunch included in their pricing. They do a great job and I came away with my certs each time I've gone there.