It's not TV, it's HBO! Ranking every full-length series thus far.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Vulture went ahead and ranked all 74 "full-length" TV shows that HBO has aired over the years. Lots of room for arguments about the list, and it definitely slants in a feminist direction, but it's something to talk about at least.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Entourage that far down the list is criminal...even with some of the later seasons. Guy acting like it should have ended after 1 season is crazy, S2 and 3 were both great.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Brah Entourage was 8 seasons. I agree it's a good show but it definitely ran WAY too long. Does it deserve to be the #69/74 worst series in HBO history? Absolutely fuckin' not.

Szlia

Considering the stupidity they write about "Dream On", I can save a lot of time by not reading anything they have to say about the rest of the list!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had an issue with Entourage & Ballers. Crazy they put both shows so low. I realize they may not be for everyone, but the shows are still damn entertaining.

I also didn't like that they yelled at Crashing for showing the much unneeded view of a male comic's life experiences. Yet at the same time, they rated that way higher than both Ballers and Entourage.

Merrith

Brah Entourage was 8 seasons. I agree it's a good show but it definitely ran WAY too long. Does it deserve to be the #69/74 worst series in HBO history? Absolutely fuckin' not.

You're basically agreeing with me. I would have had it somewhere around like...30? I don't know. Claiming it was only better than 5 shows on the whole is laughable, as bad as claiming only season 1 was good. It's not like everything after S3 or so was all bad either...hell I enjoyed the movie. 69th is just crazy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wish The Brink hadn't gotten cancelled. I thought it was pretty good and wanted to see more.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

I hated entourage but, yeah I agree with Merrith

It's just hard for me to imagine literally ranking 74 shows from so many different genres 1 by 1. I mean the bottom 5-10 should only be the clearly shitty ones.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Leftovers at #5? Was it really that good? I don't know anyone who watched it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Leftovers at #5? Was it really that good? I don't know anyone who watched it.

It's not for everyone, or even most people, but I consider it to be one of the best shows to ever air. If watching amazing acting, with incredible dialogue all applied to exploring how people would/could react to something akin to being left behind after the rapture appeals to you, then definitely check it out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's not for everyone, or even most people, but I consider it to be one of the best shows to ever air. If watching amazing acting, with incredible dialogue all applied to exploring how people would/could react to something akin to being left behind after the rapture appeals to you, then definitely check it out.

That actually sounds like something I would like. Maybe I'll have to check it out next winter.