Its raining everywhere

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
So I was extremely indecisive on where I wanted to go and now I'm just like wtf. I'm off May 5th until May 19th. I was looking at Switzerland, Prague wanted to go back to Amsterdam maybe road trip to Canada etc all over the place.
Tonight I come home and I'm googling the weather for these places and it's all rain and shitty weather. I then searched everywhere from Thailand to Memphis and it's all predicted rain. I know it's not all accurate using 10+ days but I'm like wtf. I'm about to go to Scotland because its going to rain there but does it ever not?
Idk where I wana go can people post there experiences in places and help me out.

I want mountains and nice scenery also like medieval villages. I would like some city parts to have a brew in but I live in nyc so mostly want decent weather and some grass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well Thailand and all of SE Asia mostly is rainy, but it's generally a few hours of rain followed by loads of sunshine - even in the middle of the rainy season (at least at the beaches). A little different up North but still easy to deal with. I'd book a flight to BKK and go nuts, as the cultural experience in SE Asia is much more interesting than Europe, it's beautiful and its also full of good looking young Euro backpackers so that's a big plus.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The red light distract does not require good weather to enjoy, so that's a +1 for amsterdam at least.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
May is usually okay weatherwise in the Netherlands, currently we're in a week of chilly and rainy days but that's just the way northwestern Europe is. You really don't want to come here for the weather anyway. Suggest you do your smoking and red light tourism for a few days, then head to southeastern France for your preferred weather, scenery, mountains and historical villages. It's like 12 hours by car/train, or you can take a flight.

The Rhone Valley (roughly between Geneva, Lyon and Avignon) is absolutely beautiful and has a very pleasant climate well suited to vineyards. Mountainous near Geneva, changes to hills as you move further south towards the mediterranean sea. Plenty of historical villages, medieval castles, Roman stuff too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The weather in the Mediterranean should be great this time of year. Spain is money.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Going to Vancouver. Heard the city was nice and very scenic area. Flights were extremely cheap and its supposed to be in the 70s and sunny all week so pretty happy

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've only ever been there for business trips. And it's been quite a while. But I drove up to Cypress Mountain for a dope view of the city. Also think there is a hike there if you have more time than I did. It's a chain, but Craft has legit beer.

Honestly, just consult the Vancouver, BC thread. Last time I was there was 2015.

• 1Like