Jack Reacher 2012-Tom Cruise.

Szlia

I was not and, unlike you, did not even sneak beers into the theater! Still, you should not have been drunk already during the opening: not a single line of dialogue, a great economy of shots and still everything is clear, potent, well framed and well paced. I found McQuarrie not as comfortable with the car chase and the final action scene (its space - where is who, going where and shooting at who - is poorly defined). But the opening? Later the reenactment of the shooting from the victims' perspective? The montage of Reacher's investigation on the grounds while being spied on? The way he escapes from the cops? Elegant stuff. Way above average and, at times, even brilliant.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also what the fuck did you mean by :
which results in a pretty stunning display of film-making and editing
It's like Diablo 3: Even though the game as a whole is an utter disappointment, you can't ignore the fact that its production quality is high.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw it at a matinee. Had not read the books and didn't have any preconceived ideas. Great movie? No. Was it worth the 7 bucks? Yeah. Decent flick. Good to see the dude from True Blood and Terriers (Michael Raymond-James) getting some work. Enjoyed it enough that I am gonna read the first book and check it out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw it at a matinee. Had not read the books and didn't have any preconceived ideas. Great movie? No. Was it worth the 7 bucks? Yeah. Decent flick. Good to see the dude from True Blood and Terriers (Michael Raymond-James) getting some work. Enjoyed it enough that I am gonna read the first book and check it out.
Pretty much this. Maybe it helps if we haven't read the books, because I found it entertaining. The head villain was extremely over the top, but I didn't let it detract from all the things I thought were pretty good about the movie. I could easily see them adapting more of the books and turning it into a franchise if this one does well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
My biggest issue issues were that Jack Reacher is basically a superhero and the villain and his company are something out of James Bond/comic books as well. It's a decent movie, but the whole idea is just really juvenile.

Should watch, but it'll be just as good on TV as the big screen.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I did not read the books and so did not come in with some nerd hard on for why the guy playing the character did not look like Arnold from the 1980s. I very much enjoyed it, particularly for the 5.50 I paid to see it. I liken it to a good detective movie with excellent action sequences. Cruise also had some good lines the theater laughed out loud a few times. My only complaint was as Agraza said the company was very James Bond/Evil mastermindish.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I did not read the books and so did not come in with some nerd hard on for why the guy playing the character did not look like Arnold from the 1980s. I very much enjoyed it, particularly for the 5.50 I paid to see it. I liken it to a good detective movie with excellent action sequences. Cruise also had some good lines the theater laughed out loud a few times. My only complaint was as Agraza said the company was very James Bond/Evil mastermindish.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the movie. Saw this on Christmas day and it was a great mindless-but-not-too-mindless action movie. Good action, some genuine laughs and Cruise plays this character type very well.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
"Do you know anyone who can kill anyone with one punch?"
Yeah sure, check this guy out...

"Can you please put on your shirt!!"

Any other narcissism quotes?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is Khalan formerly known as Astrocreep?
Way too good grammar and spelling.
wtf. sure i dont punctuate and capitalize, but i hardly misspell anything and my grammar is pretty damned good compared to the members on this board.
That being said, this movie as an 1980s era cheap chuck norris movie, was alright. as a modern action thriller? it fucking sucked. Drive had better action and that was not an action movie. it also had ten times better story than this crapola. they had werner herzog as an arch villain because? well because they needed a cool sounding arch villain. the fucking guy didnt even do anything, his henchmen were straight out of the three stooges. i mean serious howd they get the unconscious lead actress out of that building without drawing attention? a guy with a bat and a guy with a crowbar start kicking eachothers ass to get to jack? a master marksmen who cant shoot for shit when a white car is barreling straight for him? you guys must have sipped too much eggnog when yall saw this. fucking terrible film. fuck

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My biggest issue issues were that Jack Reacher is basically a superhero and the villain and his company are something out of James Bond/comic books as well. It's a decent movie, but the whole idea is just really juvenile.

Should watch, but it'll be just as good on TV as the big screen.
Agree. This movie was way moremjuvenil than Thundercats!

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Like most I've read all the books and was wincing at the thought of Cruise as Reacher. But he does pull it off well and the movie was much better then I expected. TBH, I was quite pleased by the movie and glad with some of the changes they made to the book version. Robert Duvall was awesome, and had the second best line in the movie.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oddly I just rewatched this a couple days ago and still enjoyed it. Anyways sequel starts filming soon so im in.

Sounds like Cruise is going to be doing sequels the next two years, Reacher, MI6, and Edge of Tomorrow most likely. I enjoy the Mission impossibles more then the Bourne or Fast and Furious films
Jack Reacher Sequel Starring Tom Cruise WIll Begin Filming In November | Comicbook.com

I think this was the only movie I didnt hate Jai Courtney in

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this for the first team after watching the show. It wasnt bad and I enjoyed it for what it was. But the show is so much better. It was actually funny to watch the movie after the show and see all the camera angles they used to make Tom look like a bigger guy than he is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Talk about a ghost thread. Takes me back to the days when the forum was going back and forth with crazy

j00t

Talk about a ghost thread. Takes me back to the days when the forum was going back and forth with crazy
when has this forum NOT been back and forth with crazy? that's sort of our thing

Homsar

when has this forum NOT been back and forth with crazy? that's sort of our thing
Well the forum hasnt been shut down and changed for a while now. My memory sucks lately, I can't remember who ran the forum from 2000/2011 I think it was

Last edited:

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Yet another marginal film but an unbelievable manlet...

And of course it made money! LMFAO