Jack Reacher 2012-Tom Cruise.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Jack Reacher-
Tom Cruise

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jack_reacher/

I read the books, and when they picked Cruise to do this, I said to myself no fucking way that he pulls it off.
For one thing in the books Jack is almost 6 6 tall.

Cruise is like 5 8 tall and thats being nice, he wears 6-7 inch heels, no not trolling he has most of his career so he would not be shorter then his leading lady's who are normally 5 9 to 6 0 tall and without the heels even.

Cruise has however surprised before when we felt he would suck at the lead role, and somehow pulls it off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Reacher goes from town to town solving mysteries with nothing but an atm card and the clothes on his back. He's 6'6" 265lbs, and ex-military....I read an article where they said they didn't want Liam Neeson for this.....they wanted Tom Cruise

So yeah. No one should see this film.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You forgot his folding toothbrush!

I think it's doing so well so far, RT has it at 75% which is more than we are getting out of The Hobbit. I am going to give it a shot.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I had the same height problem, pretty much anyone from the expendables would be better as Reacher.. but I never thought tom cruise would make a good spy either, so... who knows.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw a 30 second trailer on this and it looked horrible but that 2 minute trailer has me thinking this looks like fun

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The size was the first thing I thought too. This will turn it from an actual Reacher movie where he uses his size all the time to a Bourne-type movie, where he quickly punches, kicks, and chops his enemies down. Not going to be able to bull-rush a group of several dudes like Reacher would.

I'm sure it will be a decent movie because Cruise always seems to put out a certain level of quality no matter what...it just won't be a true Reacher movie to me. It will be like World War Z using the name but not making an actual World War Z movie. It might be good, but it won't be what I want based on the books, and I'll be slightly fanboy peeved that they "ruined" the franchise. If they had just changed the names of both of these I'm sure I'd like them both fine.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I read the books as stated, and when they picked him I was like wtf?

In Collateral Cruise really surprised me however. Look I know he can nail it, see the Firm same with Interview with vampire when I everyone else thought he be terrible Lead Vampire and even Ann Rice was shocked how well he nailed it.
My biggest issue with the books and him playing it is way as others that have read the books feel, him being way way to small for the part in size.

On side Note they wanna make few of these movies with him in it, so we shall see if that shit happens or not.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've never understood the Cruise hate. Dude is an awesome actor, does a lot of his own stunts, and makes mostly good movies. What's not to like? I could give a shit less how fucked in the head he is outside of the movies. When I sit down to watch a movie, I want to see an entertaining flick. As long as the actor(s) deliver that, they could eat fetus' for breakfast for all I care.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
I enjoy the books and Cruise is so fucking wrong for this part that it hurts my brain thinknig about it.

It will probably be a pretty good film, as Cruise really doesn't make that much that sucks, but It will just be another generic tough guy movie, it won't even remotely capture the essence of the reacher books

SlyyDaugg_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I've never understood the Cruise hate. Dude is an awesome actor, does a lot of his own stunts, and makes mostly good movies. What's not to like? I could give a shit less how fucked in the head he is outside of the movies. When I sit down to watch a movie, I want to see an entertaining flick. As long as the actor(s) deliver that, they could eat fetus' for breakfast for all I care.
Right there with ya. I never gave a fuck about the personal lives of actors. I don't go to the movies to think about what the guy or girl on the screen is like IRL.

Cruise is a fucking great actor, end of story for me.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i agree that cruise is a fine actor. however, it's really difficult for me to accept a guy who is 5'4" (and believe me, that's all the taller he is) to be a bad ass beating the shit out of guys 6'5" 275 pounds. unless he's biting their knee caps off, it ain't happening.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
i agree that cruise is a fine actor. however, it's really difficult for me to accept a guy who is 5'4" (and believe me, that's all the taller he is) to be a bad ass beating the shit out of guys 6'5" 275 pounds. unless he's biting their knee caps off, it ain't happening.
Pretty much that is why said what said in the thread.

xzi

Mouthbreather
What the fuck is it with Tom Cruise and the name Jack.

7Ucnq.png

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Was forced to see this with a buddy. Absolutely dog shit from start to finish. ridiculous cookie cutter villians and clich?'s. Tom Cruise had as many one liners as David Caruso in CSI- Miami, only thing missing was the sunglasses and long stares. Save yourself the money. Only thing that made it bearable was the beers we crushed inside the theatre.

I actually audibly groaned about 3 times during the movie, and was laughing the rest because of how contrived it was and how ridiculous tom cruise's character acted.

Szlia

For me the movie found the right balance between willingly using clich?s and spicing things up with originality. The film knows full well that we all saw a billion cop shows and "who done it?" movies, so it can go very fast in its opening act where we see the crime, its preparation and the initial police investigation, which results in a pretty stunning display of film-making and editing (as a whole the film is surprisingly well above average in that department). This familiarity is also used to create a sense of kinship with Reacher: when a bunch of guys pick a fight with him in a bar, he knows how it will end, just like we do.

The plot does a good job at knitting complex enough puzzle for its hero to solve, even if it is at the cost of plausibility (the main antagonist is such a caricature it's almost poetic). Another thing the story does well is managing Reacher, as just when we grow a little tired of his brand of super-cool know-it-all, things start to slip out of his control and then he is confronted to a new character who sees through his little game.

As for Cruise, he really does not have to push himself much for the part, but he does it, effortlessly, well enough. His Reacher is probably far from Child's, but musclemen as lead character is a thing of the '80s (even if Child created Reacher in the late '90s!). We are closer here from a Jason Bourne than a John Rambo, but the military cop turned drifter thing does give it a flavor distinctive enough for this to turn into a franchise.

Not a masterpiece, but still I am surprised by the cold to lukewarm critics it elicits.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Dude just no, the movie is terrible and your long winded deep analysis of it isn't going to change that.

Also what the fuck did you mean by :

which results in a pretty stunning display of film-making and editing
Were you on acid when you watched this?