Jack White - Lazaretto

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anyone check this out yet? Really solid album. Jack White is a pretty big douchebag, but his songwriting gets better and better with each album. The material on this album rivals The Raconteurs which has been my favorite White material. Good stuff.

Opening track:

Picked up tickets to see him in August. I've heard mixed things about his live shows, but it seems he's come a long way since the White Stripes days.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saw him on the third night of the tour and it was stellar. Digging the new album also.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's got a record shop in Nashville now and he's pretty chill if nothing is going on and he can just hang out for bit. (This was about 2 years ago).

He was really big about getting random guests to play at his shop and them printing a record. The whole thing was pretty cool.

xKALECx

Been to the store a few times during my Nashville trips. Really cool place if you are into vinyl and the slightest fan of Jack's work.

Here's a pic from the other night. Literally touching the stage in a sold out house.
rrr_img_69599.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I would love to see him play one of these days. The new album is great, better than Blunderbuss I think.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
They've done some pretty cool things to the Ultra LP version of Lazaretto. I know some bands have done pieces and parts but I don't think this much has been done to a single vinyl.

- 180 gram vinyl
- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
- Side A plays from the inside out
- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for ?Just One Drink? depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
- Both sides end with locked grooves
- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
- Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
- Different running order from the CD/digital version
- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

xKALECx

Version I got was pretty cool. I'm a member of "White's "The Vault", so I get shipments of vinyl every 2-3 months with exclusives. My Lazaretto album was double dipped with all the ultra LP additions. The songs on the label are a bit odd. One's his son singing.

rrr_img_69645.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
New album is solid. White puts on a great live show if you ever get a chance to see him. I saw him with the Raconteurs when they were touring on their first album, and saw The White Stripes touring for Elephant. Tried to get tickets for his current tour when they went on sale last week for our local venue, and they sold out in ~7 minutes. I was in a virtual waiting room waiting for the opportunity to buy tickets, they went on sale at 10am, I got through at 10:08 and they were all gone already. It wasn't a huge venue, but probably a 2500-3000ish seat theater.

xKALECx

I've got priority tickets and seating for his shows. Any more shows coming near you joeboo?