Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, Johnny Knoxville does Borat basically

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
UOoCO3Y.gif

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I really, really laughed at the Toddlers in Tiara's shit. Having a cross dressing 8 year old boy grind to Cherry Pie while an old man makes it rain is absurdist gold.
Oh man I laughed so hard with it.

Looks like the movie is sticking to a script of getting the kid somewhere so Knoxville and the kid are acting out a story line together but not telling everyone around them about it....which is pretty much what they did in Jackass with stuff like this.

I'll see it, and I'll fucking love it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
last few Jackass movies we saw in theaters that serve beer. Those and Beerfest have been my greatest movie experiences. i cannot wait for this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Trailer was hilarious, the princess shit was the best. But a lot of those reactions looked staged.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Jackass was real I don't see why this wouldn't be. I sure some are in on it (like thw owners of the store where he goes through the glass and someone at the wedding) but I bet the vast majority are real.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
last few Jackass movies we saw in theaters that serve beer. Those and Beerfest have been my greatest movie experiences. i cannot wait for this.
I fuckin hate ottawa!! Can i move in u get a 4 year old son and a wife with cans!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's Borat-style. Most of it is staged (rocket ride, funeral, etc), but the people aren't aware beforehand.

Also, Knoxville looks like he has some experience in making it rain. Dude is a pro.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved it. It hits some pretty high highs with the laughs on some of the skits. Unfortunately, the grand finale they spilled the beans in all the previews, so that didn't have the impact of some of the others.

The "story" is meh and just a facade to move from one skit to the other... but if you don't expect much from that, the laughs are definitely there.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Loved the movie. It may be basically borat, but they did it much better here. Best part is that the little miss sunshine thing wasn't even the funniest part of the movie. I was concerned we'd seen all the funny shit in the trailer.

Also, while I like Johnny knoxville, I hate pretty much anything jackass. Got tired of the series before I finished my first episode.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Cameras taking reaction shots. Multple cams filming. Looks mostly staged
The woman who laughs (1:30 in the trailer) in the store when the kid calls that one woman a stripper looks remarkably like Amber Tamblyn. Probably not her, but really similar.Amber Tamblyn - IMDb
Multiple high quality camera angles tend to be a giveaway of a staged scene. Like the funeral. I doubt that is a real dead corpse, and as people don't have a habit of turning up to funerals of people they do not know, I don't really see how anything regarding that particular scene at least can be real. Unless they tricked people with "here is a hundred dollars, go to that funeral so the family will think the person has friends", so they staged the funeral but the reactions are still real.

Looks funny, but like others mentioned, the old man/dress up in suits, were always my least favorite jackass parts. I will end up seeing this, but doubt I will see it at the movies.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
during the credits a guy runs into the shot after some of the skits to say they are filming a movies so shit doesnt go down. some of them where definitely staged, but they put a few unsuspecting people in there to get genuine reactions. Best one was the boy trying to explain to one of the pagent kids why he was wearing a bra

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The woman who laughs (1:30 in the trailer) in the store when the kid calls that one woman a stripper looks remarkably like Amber Tamblyn. Probably not her, but really similar.Amber Tamblyn - IMDb
It was bugging me who that girl looked like cuz she seemed so familiar to me. I didn't think of Amber Tamblyn though, she looks more like Danielle from American Pickers.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Like the funeral. I doubt that is a real dead corpse, and as people don't have a habit of turning up to funerals of people they do not know, I don't really see how anything regarding that particular scene at least can be real. Unless they tricked people with "here is a hundred dollars, go to that funeral so the family will think the person has friends", so they staged the funeral but the reactions are still real.
FYI (I don't think this is a spoiler because it happens early on) the corpse is supposed to be his wife. So yeah, faked body. And in the eulogy he was giving, he mentioned that he appreciated all these strangers showing up as none of her family could be bothered. So those were nice people who were asked to fill up a stranger's funeral. Some of them might have been doing a gig as a choir.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Johnny Knoxville did an AMA on Reddit a few days back, it was pretty interesting. Basically said that they film a scene/stunt, and they have to get permission release forms signed by everyone that was on camera after the fact. Said they had to scrap a lot of good material because they couldn't get some people to sign off that were too pissed or upset after one of the numerous situations. That has to be frustrating, spend all that time coordinating something, and then not being able to actually show the results.