Developer: Haemimont Games
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Release Date: Coming Soon
Store Page:

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't look terrible. Using a lot of the old characters in that trailer. I recognize Ivan, MD, Steroid, Hitman, Red, Igor, Buns, Meltdown and Grunty. Would be cool if they got the same voice actors.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is crazy. I've been reminiscing quite a bit lately about some of the old games I really enjoyed playing back in the day. There was one turn-based game I liked but couldn't remember the title of it.

As soon as I saw the title of your post, it hit me - Jagged Alliance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just let the franchise rest in peace instead of tarnishing it with another Back in Action or Rage.

Burns

Just let the franchise rest in peace instead of tarnishing it with another Back in Action or Rage.
True. Never played either of those due to the reviews being poor, then promptly forgot about them. Maybe they learned from past mistakes...eventually, someone will have to...right?!?

The developer has a decent track record for games, but none of them are squad based tactics. They have made good games like Tropico 3/4/5, Surviving Mars, and Victor Vran. They also made Omerta: City of Gangsters, which got bad reviews.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The new X-coms were pretty decent modern versions of the old X-coms (though I find Open X-com+mods to be better), so I'm hoping they go in a similar direction with this. JA1+2 were right up there in terms of great turn based tactical strategy games, and would be nice if they don't fuck this up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Some preview copies were sent out, so here are a couple gameplay videos. Still cautiously optimistic (the other JA games, that came after JA2 looked good before release too):

Short overview of mercs and world map, then into a combat mission:

From starting a new game to hiring mercenaries and then into a mission (much longer video):

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Some preview copies were sent out, so here are a couple gameplay videos. Still cautiously optimistic (the other JA games, that came after JA2 looked good before release too):

Short overview of mercs and world map, then into a combat mission:

From starting a new game to hiring mercenaries and then into a mission (much longer video):

No Rueban ? Baaah, what garbage is this ?! ;p

Burns

Humn, didn't know you can't edit posts after a certain amount of time; was going to update the fist post, but it's not that important.

Release Window is now Summer 2023. I don't give a fuck about collector edition bullshit but they did confirm that they will be trying to get it out the door by at least August or September (felt silly just posting the last line of the the release, so here is most of it):

28a4ead6538909936dc37aaf8dd9e02b204f3303.jpg

2023-05-06 06.42.01 steamcommunity.com df2100dfc286.png

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Never played any Jagged Alliance but damn this looks good.

Alternately game looks like Fallout Tactics, Xcom, and Wasteland 3. :emoji_thumbsup:

Burns

Never played any Jagged Alliance but damn this looks good.

Alternately game looks like Fallout Tactics, Xcom, and Wasteland 3. :emoji_thumbsup:
The original Xcom (1994) and Jagged Alliance 1 (1995) certainly look like they knew what each other was doing and borrowed some ideas, but there was probably some precursor games that they were both inspired by. JA2 built on both the Xcom and JA1 formula, making it one of the best in the genre.

Fallout Tactics (from what I remember of it) was Jagged Alliance 2 with a Fallout skin and not as much personality.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

The original Xcom (1994) and Jagged Alliance 1 (1995) certainly look like they knew what each other was doing and borrowed some ideas, but there was probably some precursor games that they were both inspired by. JA2 built on both the Xcom and JA1 formula, making it one of the best in the genre.

Fallout Tactics (from what I remember of it) was Jagged Alliance 2 with a Fallout skin and not as much personality.

I really enjoyed Fallout Tactics. Was one of the earliest games where you could toggle between real-time and turn-based combat. It was less open ended but the combat was solid.

You could also drive an APC and shoot out the windows. Running over rats and rad scorpions with the APC was hilarious. It wasn't OP either because one mutant with an RPG could blow up your whole squad.

R Lee Ermy (RIP 🙏) voiced your commander.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking forward to this. Looks to be cheapest here at the moment.

• 1Like

Burns

Unlike all the other Silent Storm engine attempts, this looks like they may have actually captured the JA2 experience, with updated graphics. I haven't seen any reviewers say they hit bugs.

• 1Like