Jay-Z: Magna Carta Holy Grail

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I never was a Jay Z fan... after listening to this new album, I'm still not.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've liked a good deal of what Jay-Z has done. Even some of the recent stuff like Watch the Throne. Didn't like the few tracks on this that I listened to. Every review I've read of the album says it's pretty bland and just looks like a money grab.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I prefer the Kanye album
redface.png

Simas_sl

shitlord
What I've heard hasn't done much for me. I read an article -on Salon I think it was - where the author pointed out that Jay has one of the best stories in rap. He went from selling drugs to being a business, man. He's married to Beyonce. And so on. But his story is over. In the movie after the big score there's a few shots of partying on boats but then its credits. Anymore and the hero kinda starts to bug you, the author explained. I thought it was a pretty good point. Jay isn't ever really going to do something interesting like Kanye. And hearing more of his story is just boring and it starts to grate on you. He does better when he talking about other stuff, like New York in Empire State of Mind.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
Ive always felt that Jay-z has played the safer side of the line. Not that it has not worked for him before, but just more times than not for my taste...his albums are just kind of average. Im sure he has a great life story, and obviously he is successful but...I dunno I feel there are a lot of better rappers out there for my taste that will never sniff his success.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What I've heard hasn't done much for me. I read an article -on Salon I think it was - where the author pointed out that Jay has one of the best stories in rap. He went from selling drugs to being a business, man. He's married to Beyonce. And so on. But his story is over. In the movie after the big score there's a few shots of partying on boats but then its credits. Anymore and the hero kinda starts to bug you, the author explained. I thought it was a pretty good point. Jay isn't ever really going to do something interesting like Kanye. And hearing more of his story is just boring and it starts to grate on you. He does better when he talking about other stuff, like New York in Empire State of Mind.
Dont worry, hes going to ride his name straight into the ground;

nba2k13x-wide-community.jpg