Jedi Fallen Order (By Respawn Entertainment)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's still not great, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. As a new player you have to put in hundreds of hours just to unlock the weapons and perks to be competitive.

Getting shit stomped by those with the upgrades is not a fun experience. I tried it again last week to see if it had changed and it had not. Top that off with OP heroes that are impossible to kill in skilled hands and you're in for a bad time.

The game looks beautiful but suffers from art syndrome. If you have the sun shining directly into the eyes of one team on several maps in a pvp game then you might be functionally retarded. It's very obvious this game is not played by their designers and still suffers from a gambling, micro transaction issue at its core. Not because they didn't remove those things but because having people be so gimped for so long is not a viable, intelligent or fun experience.

All they had to do was have a conquest type game mode without heroes and massive game balance issues for new players and they had a win on their hands. Instead the spent the last several years fixing everything but the major flaws in the core game play and catering to those with thousands of hours in game play.

EA cares little for any support past launch and you can see this in every Battlefield game thats still playable. There are cheaters in every variant that haven't been banned in years. I even submitted two spectating videos with a ticket two years ago in bfv and they still show 0 views on YouTube. We still see those guys weekly in game and have to server hop to get away from them.

I'd love to play this game if they fixed the balance issues and add a game mode that didn't suck dick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's still not great, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. As a new player you have to put in hundreds of hours just to unlock the weapons and perks to be competitive.

Getting shit stomped by those with the upgrades is not a fun experience. I tried it again last week to see if it had changed and it had not. Top that off with OP heroes that are impossible to kill in skilled hands and you're in for a bad time.

The game looks beautiful but suffers from art syndrome. If you have the sun shining directly into the eyes of one team on several maps in a pvp game then you might be functionally retarded. It's very obvious this game is not played by their designers and still suffers from a gambling, micro transaction issue at its core. Not because they didn't remove those things but because having people be so gimped for so long is not a viable, intelligent or fun experience.

All they had to do was have a conquest type game mode without heroes and massive game balance issues for new players and they had a win on their hands. Instead the spent the last several years fixing everything but the major flaws in the core game play and catering to those with thousands of hours in game play.

EA cares little for any support past launch and you can see this in every Battlefield game thats still playable. There are cheaters in every variant that haven't been banned in years. I even submitted two spectating videos with a ticket two years ago in bfv and they still show 0 views on YouTube. We still see those guys weekly in game and have to server hop to get away from them.

I'd love to play this game if they fixed the balance issues and add a game mode that didn't suck dick.
I did the same but I retried when they had a 3x exp day and gained 10 levels in about an hour. Leveled up super quick but yeah it still wasn't enough to be competitive.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So massive is making the open world division 2 reskin of Star Wars.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd preorder immediately if it was a Division 1.8 reskin.

It's funny/sad how their two games are basically mirror images. Div 1 was utter shit when it shipped, and steadily turned into easily the best of the looter-shooter genre, while Div 2 launched in mostly great shape with only a few things in dire need of retooling and it steadily became worse and worse with each patch since. Instead of being forced to fix their game to salvage Ubi's investment like the first time around, all they do now is copy every GaaS "feature" from other games in an attempt to monetize it.

At this point I'd be surprised if their Star Wars game shipped with less MTX and other mobile-game-inspired trash than SWBF2 did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, everybody acting like Ubi is here to save the day... lol.

Get your lube ready SW fan bois. They going right for yo ass.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

I'd preorder immediately if it was a Division 1.8 reskin.

It's funny/sad how their two games are basically mirror images. Div 1 was utter shit when it shipped, and steadily turned into easily the best of the looter-shooter genre, while Div 2 launched in mostly great shape with only a few things in dire need of retooling and it steadily became worse and worse with each patch since. Instead of being forced to fix their game to salvage Ubi's investment like the first time around, all they do now is copy every GaaS "feature" from other games in an attempt to monetize it.

At this point I'd be surprised if their Star Wars game shipped with less MTX and other mobile-game-inspired trash than SWBF2 did.
A Star Wars looter shooter? I'd play that. I too think it's a sad story about Massive. They have a couple very good games on their hands at the core, and they just keep fucking them up. :(

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Had a chance to get this for a measily $23 so I did. Hopefully I enjoy it. Been wanting to play a good modern Star Wars game for years and the Lego Star Wars series just doesn't really tickle my pickle the way I want.

Main concern here is that I don't know if I have 20+ hours to put aside for it, so it might get played a little and then sit on a shelf. Hopefully I can get into it. It was either this or Octopath Traveler.

Cybsled

A Star Wars looter shooter? I'd play that. I too think it's a sad story about Massive. They have a couple very good games on their hands at the core, and they just keep fucking them up. :(

Would actually fit perfectly with a theme like The Mandalorian: You're in a Bounty Hunter Guild, get missions, use mission rewards to buy better shit + get drops during your missions.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I went dead in this game after the first planet, rewards are so boring. Ponchos. Did they fix this / do something interesting?

Jozu

Yeah, after first planet I checked out. I really wanted to play this too. When you said Ponchos I laughed out loud because I silently thought the same thing when I opened a chest I jumped around for 7 minutes to open.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the loot shit was retarded as fuck, but i enjoyed the story. It ties in a bit to clone wars (Order 66, Witches) and the ending is pretty cool. Its a REALLY short game too, i think i finished the campaign skipping side stuff in like 12 hours. They are already working on a sequel. The bug eyed side character is annoying though, she's an actress from Mad TV and i can never seperate her from that show, I wish they had gotten literally anyone else to play that character

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
yeah the loot shit was retarded as fuck, but i enjoyed the story. It ties in a bit to clone wars (Order 66, Witches) and the ending is pretty cool. Its a REALLY short game too, i think i finished the campaign skipping side stuff in like 12 hours. They are already working on a sequel. The bug eyed side character is annoying though, she's an actress from Mad TV and i can never seperate her from that show, I wish they had gotten literally anyone else to play that character

Yeah you can tell they didn't put a whole lot of effort into the rewards thing. I guess, to me, the reward is actually beating the puzzles, because I really enjoy that aspect of metroidvanias, but it definitely could have used some stuff other than ponchos, BD skins, and ship skins. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt though, as it seems like JFO1 was created with some passion. Hopefully JFO2 will fix a lot of this stuff and expand on it a lot more. They have a good base to work off. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Argarth

On the verandah
Got this on Gamepass/EAPlay for PC.

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, characters, world building, puzzles/platforming, and the combat was more than serviceable. In particular, Force-pulling enemies and impaling them on my Lightsaber just never got old. The Skill Tree/Force Power upgrades and the Lightsaber upgrades were all significant, so I went out of my way several times to collect points. I took it really slow and ended up spending nearly 30 hours in the game. Couldn't have cared less about the cosmetic only upgrades to armor.

Drop dead gorgeous game to look at in hi-res ultrawide, and I stopped many times to drink in the vistas and explore. Turned off AA in the config file, it's one of those UE games that smears everything with AA on, even on low. After that, textures, colours and lighting all really popped, and made the game world feel even more alive.

Overall, loved it, and will definitely be playing the next one.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought Battlefront 2 and this game for cheap on Steam. Played BF2 single player first. Not much MP since BF2 multiplayer is currently broken on PC due to the 1HP hack.

Anyway this SP campaign is light years ahead of BF2 Sp campaign. Not the same ballpark ... not even same sport ... in terms of level design, gameplay, characters, everything.

Really well done.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I started playing this and thought the intro was great and the first planet kinda sucked? Do you get back to fighting more stormtroopers later on? Fighting a bunch of different kinds of hoppy frogs that 2-shot you really wasn't interesting lol.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I started playing this and thought the intro was great and the first planet kinda sucked? Do you get back to fighting more stormtroopers later on? Fighting a bunch of different kinds of hoppy frogs that 2-shot you really wasn't interesting lol.

Yes, planets have different enemies, but imperial forces are the most common enemies. Not going to spoil the planets or enemies you'll be facing, but it does have some variety.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It gets better, look at all these awesome cosmetic items. Everything you need, from ponchos to paintjobs. Enjoy :)

Crone

haha, looks like we started it the same day and that frog beat the shit out of me for way too long!!

spronk

FPS noob
respawn working on 3 new Star Wars game

JFO 2
a new FPS game
a new strategy (x-com) game

• 1Repost