Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story

Chris

Potato del Grande

I remember being a child in the early 90s, we would all sit around the TV once a week while Jim's creepy theme tune played then he had children sit on his lap and grant them wishes. This had been going on for 20 years apparently.

Then Louie Theorux got to him 10 years later and we all though he was a creepy (literal) motherfucker who lived in a shrine to his dead mother.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no beliefs in the afterlife and firmly believe this sick fucker escaped any form of punishment but there's an irrational part of me that would still dig up his body and hack it to fucking pieces with an axe and then set fire to the remains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I remember being a child in the early 90s, we would all sit around the TV once a week while Jim's creepy theme tune played then he had children sit on his lap and grant them wishes. This had been going on for 20 years apparently.

Then Louie Theorux got to him 10 years later and we all though he was a creepy (literal) motherfucker who lived in a shrine to his dead mother.

The preceding two anecdotes were from people who knew someone that knew Jimmy and had direct contact with him. Your anecdote consisted of "we watched his TV program"

• 1Edgelord

Chris

Potato del Grande
The preceding two anecdotes were from people who knew someone that knew Jimmy and had direct contact with him. Your anecdote consisted of "we watched his TV program"

Good job on the reading comprehension Ossoi, good boy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have no beliefs in the afterlife and firmly believe this sick fucker escaped any form of punishment but there's an irrational part of me that would still dig up his body and hack it to fucking pieces with an axe and then set fire to the remains.

Grave defilement is a classic. Egyptians believed in defiling the graves of their political enemies. Akhenaten was dug up and deleted long after he passed just because of his edicts on religion which were deemed blasphemous however many years later. All his gylphs and depictions were destroyed in his tomb.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Grave defilement is a classic. Egyptians believed in defiling the graves of their political enemies. Akhenaten was dug up and deleted long after he passed just because of his edicts on religion which were deemed blasphemous however many years later. All his gylphs and depictions were destroyed in his tomb.
Jimmy Savile grave.jpg

• 1Barf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The best way to summarize this story is "he groomed an entire nation"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he lived his whole life, did whatever he wanted and got away with it. the people who kept their mouths shut are just as guilty as he is because their silence allowed him to continue.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
he lived his whole life, did whatever he wanted and got away with it. the people who kept their mouths shut are just as guilty as he is because their silence allowed him to continue.

A lot of the people who "kept their mouths shut" were probably doing it right alongside him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished this, a lot of it has been known in the UK for a while now but there's a few things which stuck out to me:

1) The levels of cope from journalist types involved with him, particularly that TV presenter who was flirting with him and now she's passing it off as an act.

2) Just how embedded he was in the institutions he corrupted. You can also see the progression from small girls school, to regular hospital, to national spinal injury unit to high security mental hospital.

3) Just how blantant he was joking about it, "My case is coming up next Thursday". He had an expertly crafted smokescreen and was obviously very good at human psychology, no wonder Prince Charles was asking him for advice!

What I also found interesting was that as he got older, the new generation reacted like he was a creep and not with laughter... there's some sort of generational difference going on with how acceptable those types of sex jokes are.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't have the link and CBA to search for it, but the female journalist that interviewed him just wrote another article about it. She said that a lot of people attacked her for questioning him about the paedo rumours, "he does so much for charity why are you attacking him" etc

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He clearly didn't hide it that well but everyone around him just went along with it. Even dudes like Johnny Rotten heard the stories in the 70s and he, of all fucking people, tried to blast him on BBC about it and told the jokers at BBC that he knew they'd censor what he said.

Which they did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think there was a cultural thing back then too of "these girls are throwing themselves at him, what did they think would happen?" and blaming the girls even though they were underage and/or not consenting.

So a whole bunch of people just didn't care, especially older women.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This is the article I mentioned, it came up in my Google Now feed LMAO

"As we passed the bed of one very young, very pretty, paralysed girl, he stroked her hair and said: “Now I can have my evil way with you, my dear!” At the time I thought it was a joke in poor taste, but now I shudder."

"because apparently it was the first time anyone had put the rumour in print. I got a vitriolic postbag from readers who said I had gratuitously slurred the reputation of a saintly philanthropist, and what a nasty-minded person I must be"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just finished this, a lot of it has been known in the UK for a while now but there's a few things which stuck out to me:

1) The levels of cope from journalist types involved with him, particularly that TV presenter who was flirting with him and now she's passing it off as an act.

2) Just how embedded he was in the institutions he corrupted. You can also see the progression from small girls school, to regular hospital, to national spinal injury unit to high security mental hospital.

3) Just how blantant he was joking about it, "My case is coming up next Thursday". He had an expertly crafted smokescreen and was obviously very good at human psychology, no wonder Prince Charles was asking him for advice!

What I also found interesting was that as he got older, the new generation reacted like he was a creep and not with laughter... there's some sort of generational difference going on with how acceptable those types of sex jokes are.
clowns were well loved before our generation too. i had several Emmet Kelly paintings in my room as a little kid.
no idea why my parents thought it would be a good idea.
iu

his grandson later joined U2 as "the Edge". fuck that guy.
at some point, probably the 80s, kids woke up to the fact that clowns were scary and people were repelled by them ever since. bizarre weirdos like Savile were probably looked at the same way. get the fuck out of here you freak.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuk is a hobo like the dude in the paintings?
that or i was traumatized by clowns as a kid and it made me a psychopath that now stalks guys with Marlon Brando avatars! oooh, i hope so!
👹👻
H0AD.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Like