Jobs

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The movie better make him look like an asshole. Ashton Kutcher does look like a young Steve Jobs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Steve Wozniak also wasn't a fatass in his youth. But from what is said about him, he probably thought it was hilarious.

nu_11

horrible music. ashton kutcher being ashton kutcher. bad jokes. no hype =\

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm kinda confused why you'd make a movie about someone that made a commodity. Is a commodity that fucking exciting or important? I mean do you care about Bill Gate's or Llloyd Blankfein's (who didn't even make anything) life? Making a company or a commodity isn't a 'movie'. And so equally retarded was the social network.

Just goes to show you where society places much of its thought - the fetishism of commodities.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't give a shit what he made. All I care is that his life was interesting. I'd see a movie about Joe the-drying-paint-watcher if he lived an interesting life with lots of drama and experiences.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Some commodities happen to have an impact on society...
Well, that's a rabbit hole of a problem when you talk about impact. The impact of the creation of the internet itself is far greater, yet no movie. The impact of someone like a Dennis Ritchie or Ken Thompson is far more than Steve Jobs, yet no movie. The difference is Steve Jobs wore turtlenecks, was fashionably appealing in a business and personality sense, and had the assertive, outgoing, and certainly narcissistic personality to associate the likability of a commodity with. That's the difference. It's the same with Facebook.

You're telling a story that society values, just like society values pretty colors and titties. There's nothing interesting, novel, or worthwhile about the story itself. It's another product to sell.

The Social Network is a good movie.
It's boring. What story's there to tell? That a kid made a lot of money from a website? Exciting.

Caliane

"Positive effort on society"?

dude, you don't know that asshole at all if you think he had a positive effect on society.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I was just trolling Dumar, don't take it too seriously
tongue.png

I just found his horror at a Steve Jobs movie pretty funny.

spronk

FPS noob
Comparing Steve Jobs to fucking Karl Marx is like comparing Aquaman to fucking Galactus. It's that ridiculous.
I don't know if I'd call Steve Jobs Galactus, probably more like Iron Man. But Karl Max as Aquaman is a pretty good comparison, both were useless fucks who only attracted weirdo losers.