John Wick: Chapter 3 (2019)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a cool idea but you know its gonna turn out awful.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Okay so I am half way through watching this movie, and I hate it.

It is contrived, forced, and fucking boring.

I thought 1 was a revelation. And 2 was meh (it took me 3 tries to watch it through). And here I am thinking to myself the only reason I am watching this movie is because I am slightly invested in the series.

The fight scenes are all too long and drawn out, the choreography is terrible and sloppy and you can SEE the pauses and move sets. I started 10 sec skipping just to get to the dialogue and story again. At one point Halle Berry checks the clip of her pistol in concern and then proceeds to shoot it like 35 times without reloading (that we see). And I feel like Keanu has barely been in the movie so far because it is just bullshit fight scenes and flailing limbs and grunts.

Edit - It's the little things in movies - Wick and his pursuers fight through a stable and everyone just goes about their business while strangers fight among the priceless horses and one gets stolen. Wick returns to NY and walks up the ramp in a crowd and the stupid Iron Chef ninjas (that just killed their way through 2 crime syndicates unscathed) killed a couple of would-be assassins while people just walked around them like nothing happened. Maybe my problem is that I cannot suspend my belief enough anymore.

But I am not liking this movie in the slightest. Will update my diary entry if I ever finish watching. Keanu is just wandering into the desert now. I just wanted to pause and blog my disgust.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Okay so I am half way through watching this movie, and I hate it.

It is contrived, forced, and fucking boring.

I thought 1 was a revelation. And 2 was meh (it took me 3 tries to watch it through). And here I am thinking to myself the only reason I am watching this movie is because I am slightly invested in the series.

The fight scenes are all too long and drawn out, the choreography is terrible and sloppy and you can SEE the pauses and move sets. I started 10 sec skipping just to get to the dialogue and story again. At one point Halle Berry checks the clip of her pistol in concern and then proceeds to shoot it like 35 times without reloading (that we see). And I feel like Keanu has barely been in the movie so far because it is just bullshit fight scenes and flailing limbs and grunts.

Edit - It's the little things in movies - Wick and his pursuers fight through a stable and everyone just goes about their business while strangers fight among the priceless horses and one gets stolen. Wick returns to NY and walks up the ramp in a crowd and the stupid Iron Chef ninjas (that just killed their way through 2 crime syndicates unscathed) killed a couple of would-be assassins while people just walked around them like nothing happened. Maybe my problem is that I cannot suspend my belief enough anymore.

But I am not liking this movie in the slightest. Will update my diary entry if I ever finish watching. Keanu is just wandering into the desert now. I just wanted to pause and blog my disgust.

Each movie has been less and less grounded than the previous. I really hope they reel it in a bit, but that's unlikely

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i'll ride or die with keanu reeves for lyfe, he just seems like a cool dude in an industry full of pedos and assholes

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i'll ride or die with keanu reeves for lyfe, he just seems like a cool dude in an industry full of pedos and assholes

Yeah I gotta admit dude comes off as a decent guy. And I don't recall him ever dipping his toe into politics/abortion/Alphabet people/SJW/CRT/Vax status etc. Dude just keeps his mouth shut and does his thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>

So Folders is secretly John Wick giving out rolexs and that's why he's been missing?

• 1Barf
  • 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I gotta admit dude comes off as a decent guy. And I don't recall him ever dipping his toe into politics/abortion/Alphabet people/SJW/CRT/Vax status etc. Dude just keeps his mouth shut and does his thing.
i wonder if he goes to hospitals dressed in a suit holding a pencil

for makeawish

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
i wonder if he goes to hospitals dressed in a suit holding a pencil

for makeawish
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN