Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
this is out in 2 days, one nice thing for the holidays or w/e the thursday screenings start at 4pm instead of usual 7pm. I'll be seeing it in Dolby. Currently sitting at 76% on RT with 41 reviews, a bit higher than the first one which is nice

I remember the first one being the surprise hit of Dec 2017, after the disappointment of TLJ

Siliconemelons

kevin hart in major accident, it sounds like he is probably mostly ok (he walked from the crash back to his house and then went to the hospital) but still driving off a cliff in a old muscle car is nothing to fuck with.

good thing he is short or he would have died.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today, its really funny Danny DeVito and Danny Glover bring a lot. The Hound (from GOT) plays the bad guy. The first one is maybe a teensy bit better, just because its tighter and the second one feels more like a video game DLC than a full sequel. Still good, if you enjoyed the first one you'll like the second one. The Rock flexes his acting chops a lot. Some of the CGI is a bit meh and the story doesn't really come together well in the last few minutes.

There is a very short post credits scene (literally 30 secs after credits start) that sets up a sequel. Nothing after that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
Is Karen Gillan as hot in this as the first one, that's all I need to know.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Is Karen Gillan as hot in this as the first one, that's all I need to know.

Yeah, she's a baby doll. This movie was fun. The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Awkwafina being able to act out their players was actually pretty well done. If you enjoyed the first one you will like this. I have a soft spot for the Rock, I mean he is the People's Champion!, so was bound to check it out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The rock can do no wrong.

Movie was solid fun, kids wife and i loved it. Devito and Gloves fit right in, and acting their parts out once in the game was very well done.

They can have my money and make another one with it.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoyed this. Very worthy sequel I thought everyone did great jobs with the acting. Could really see the change in character.

I probably would have changed the post movie scene:

Removed the heater guy in the basement totally.

Instead, I would have had the new life jingle sound, with Jurgen falling from the sky and landing again, looking at his arm to see a life disappear.

I actually was really expecting them to reveal him as a player character in this movie, especially when they showed he had a weakness to the jumanji berry.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoyed this. Very worthy sequel I thought everyone did great jobs with the acting. Could really see the change in character.

I probably would have changed the post movie scene:

Removed the heater guy in the basement totally.

Instead, I would have had the new life jingle sound, with Jurgen falling from the sky and landing again, looking at his arm to see a life disappear.

I actually was really expecting them to reveal him as a player character in this movie, especially when they showed he had a weakness to the jumanji berry.

I believe the Rock did confirm that Jurgen was a player character, that's why he had an avatar Strengths and Weaknesses panel.

I guess we will find out who in Jumanji The Next Generation 3

• 1Like