Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wait a second, I thought we were going by what the evidence could and couldn't prove. I thought that's what made us better than the emotionally blinded "Facebook idiots".

Zimmerman got beat up. He suffered two lacerations (cuts) to the back of the head and a fractured nose. He wasNOTbeat to within an inch of his life. He did not suffer life-threatening injuries, nor anything remotely close. Because he was hit in the head, he was legally justified in believing things COULD have gotten worse and that his life was in danger, but that doesn't in and of itself mean that Martin was going to kill this stranger with his bare hands just for following him around a bit. Martin never killed anybody before, what proof do we have that he would have killed Zimmerman? We have proof he was attacking him, but millions of people get beat up all the time, often much worse than Zimmerman, without ever coming close to being killed. There's ZERO REASON to believe Martin was going to kill Zimmerman that night, and to say otherwise is doing the exact same thing the Facebook people are doing, making judgments based on your "feeling".

Let's not be hypocrites, people.
He didn't suffer life threatening injuries because he shot Martin before they could occur.

You and Numbers both need to stop trolling this thread with your shitposting, seriously. This opinion is ignorant shit that has already been addressed multiple multiples of times in this thread. The point of self defense is to protect yourself before serious, possibly deadly, bodily injury occur.

Had Zimmerman not had a gun, Martin would have continued beating his head into concrete until someone else stopped him, most likely the police. Zimmerman may very well have died. That's why the shooting was justified, that's why Zimmerman is a free man despite all odds, and its why you're wrong.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
He didn't suffer life threatening injuries because he shot Martin before they could occur.

You and Numbers both need to stop trolling this thread with your shitposting, seriously. This opinion is ignorant shit. The point of self defense is to protect yourself before serious, possibly deadly, bodily injury occur.

Had Zimmerman not had a gun, Martin would have continued beating his head into concrete until someone else stopped him, most likely the police. Zimmerman may very well have died. That's why the shooting was justified, that's why Zimmerman is a free man despite all odds, and its why you're wrong.
You're just as bad as the Facebook people.

Zimmerman's actions, at every step, were justified. Let me make that clear.

Hypothetically, let's say Martin just punched Zimmerman in the face and had never straddled him or hit his head against concrete. From a legal standpoint, Zimmerman would have been justified shooting and killing Martin as a response to that action alone. His head having been attacked, he could have justifiably shot Martin to prevent things from getting worse and possibly being killed. This is the consensus this thread came to when were discussing attacks to the head, right? And yet, had that been the case, we likely wouldn't be assuming Martin was planning to kill Zimmerman.

You're assuming "Martin would have continued beating his head into concrete until someone else stopped him" with zero evidence. That's not even the most likely outcome based on what we know about both people so why is that your conclusion? Martin had been in fights before, and he had never killed anyone before. What possible reason do you have to believe that this time, he was going to keep mercilessly beating Zimmerman until he was sitting on top of a dead man in the middle of a populated neighborhood full of citizens who had easy access to the scene? Come on, don't let your emotions pull you astray here.

I'm not trolling, I'm just turning the mirror on you and showing you that using the facts to support your views works both ways.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You're just as bad as the Facebook people.
No, you are, and every argument you made is just a rehash of a rehash of shit we've already been over, you've been proven incorrect about, and now that Zimmerman is a free man, you still have to try and find a way to blame him for defending himself.

Again: Stop shitposting up this thread with your bad, regurgitated horseshit arguments we've already knocked down. Fuck your three paragraph bullshit no one is going to read, I'm not, and no one cares. You'ere demonstrably wrong, and Zimmerman is not guilty because of it. He had every right to carry his firearm, and every right to use it to defend himself, that's why he's getting it back, and people on your side of this issue are butthurt as fuck about it all.

I'm just turning the mirror on you
No, you aren't. I mean you might think that's what you're doing, but all you're accomplishing is to continue to make yourself appear as one of the worst posters on this forum.

I'm not trolling
Yes, yes you are. You are trolling with bad, already refuted opinions. Its annoying, and no one in this thread wants to hear it anymore.

rrr_img_35987.jpg

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So here's my question with this, anyone here ever get asked by an adult stranger what they were doing when they were in their teens? Because I know it's happened to me more than once (and sometimes justified btw because I was up to no good) . Out late at night in a residential area, you get looks and questions. Or at least I did if people didnt know me.

If there were break ins in the area isnt it reasonable to be suspicious?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So here's my question with this, anyone here ever get asked by an adult stranger what they were doing when they were in their teens?
Several times. A few of them while high on things like LSD.

I never ran, never hit anyone, and talked my way out of it every time by remaining level headed, calm, and cool as a cucumber. Apparently, as I said earlier in this thread, they don't teach kids how to stay on the downlow anymore.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can understand why people would think Zimmerman is partially responsible and could have done things way different to avoid this. What I can't understand is how anyone could possibly come to the conclusion that TM was some angel that was murdered in cold blood. All the evidence was in favor of Zimmerman. ALL OF IT! How the fuck are people coming to these conclusions that he should have been found guilty?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So here's my question with this, anyone here ever get asked by an adult stranger what they were doing when they were in their teens? Because I know it's happened to me more than once (and sometimes justified btw because I was up to no good) . Out late at night in a residential area, you get looks and questions. Or at least I did if people didnt know me.

If there were break ins in the area isnt it reasonable to be suspicious?
I bullshitted my way out of it if I was up to no good. I ran like fuck if i was up to really no good. I just talked to the person and told them if I was actually behaving.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Because emotions.

People were given an emotional reason to hate Zimmerman and to empathize with Martin. Martin was a baby, a child, ONLY 17 years old. He was PROFILED, HUNTED DOWN, GUNNED DOWN by a evil, cannibalistic murdering white supremecist.

Once that shit set in, you can't get through that with some people. Arguments from african americans on twitter saying things like "Emotionality is evidence" because they know that all they have for proof Zimmerman did anything wrong is that they FEEL he did so. But they fail to recognize, the only reason they FEEL that way is because they are basically controlled by massive media conglomerates who shit in their ears and eyes all day and rarely, if ever, give them the full story.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Only problem I have with it is that he was acquitted of all charges, not just second degree murder. Not even manslaughter. Hell, a black woman firedwarningshots at her abusive husband in self defense and she gets 20 years in prison. She didn't even shoot the man.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with this case. My facebook is full of "so someone can just come up to me and harass me, and if I kick his ass I'm wrong?" Wrong or not you just took it to another place. I have no problem with a good ass kicking if needed but there is the chance of you getting shot if you bash the dudes skull into the ground yes.

I mean fuck run away, tell the guy to fuck off, or play it cool, but beat the shit out of him? Come on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Only problem I have with it is that he was acquitted of all charges, not just second degree murder. Not even manslaughter. Hell, a black woman firedwarningshots at her abusive husband in self defense and she gets 20 years in prison. She didn't even shoot the man.
So what you're saying is you don't know anything about the black woman case?

She left the house, got her gun, walked back into the house, and fired the gun.

That's called premeditation, if she had shot the man, she would have been given premeditated murder.

Once she left the house, her responsibility was to run away and call for help, not get a gun and go back in. There's a lot more to that story as well, but I don't really give a shit. Stop citing evidence you don't even understand as proof that your emotions were right, when they've been demonstrably disproven.

Self Defense is exonerating for both Manslaughter and Murder 2.

added: Also firing a warning shot is proof you don't fear for your life. If you fear for your life, you shoot to kill. Period.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
No, you are, and every argument you made is just a rehash of a rehash of shit we've already been over, you've been proven incorrect about, and now that Zimmerman is a free man, you still have to try and find a way to blame him for defending himself.

Again: Stop shitposting up this thread with your bad, regurgitated horseshit arguments we've already knocked down. Fuck your three paragraph bullshit no one is going to read, I'm not, and no one cares. You'ere demonstrably wrong, and Zimmerman is not guilty because of it. He had every right to carry his firearm, and every right to use it to defend himself, that's why he's getting it back, and people on your side of this issue are butthurt as fuck about it all.
Hey idiot,

You're not listening. Zimmerman was found not guilty because he wasn't guilty of anything. Every one of his actions was legally justified, up to and including the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin. Suffering blows to the head gives you legal ground to consider your life in danger and defend yourself accordingly.

Are we on the same page so far?

Suffering blows to the head, however, is not proof of murderous intent, which is what you are inferring. If the events had unfurled exactly as they did except that Martin survived the gunshot, Martin could have been charged with a crime, right? What would he have been charged with? Aggravated assault, right? Why not attempted murder? Because all we can prove is that he was beating Zimmerman up, not trying to kill him. Get your head out of your ass.

Justice was served. Enjoy the fact that the legal system worked as it was supposed to. Just don't use Zimmerman's innocence as a reason to jump to unproven conclusions about Martin. That's counterproductive and ignorant and as bad as the Facebook people. Worse, because you're objectively better informed and should know better.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Kuriin

That's a really bad argument. I don't know the case that you are talking about so I don't know if the verdict was correct or not. That being said, if you think that woman was treated unjustly. How does treating Zimm unjustly make things better? You should be arguing for appeal in that woman's case, not a zimm guilty verdict.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hey idiot,

You're not listening.
You're right. I literally don't read past the first line of your post, because your posts are always long, never well thought out, and always wrong.

Its why you should stop shitting up this thread with your demonstrably disproven lies and nonsense.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The reason she got slammed for that was because she had the means to exit the situation. If there was a reason for her to return (like a child) it may have played out differently; if she returned for the sole intention of retrieving said child (if the life was in danger). Of course, this would be after she called the police.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
The media stories this morning are really, really disgusting. I can easily see why so many people are outrage by this verdict. They need to actually look into the case and not trust their favorite (and probably only) "news" source.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You're right. I literally don't read past the first line of your post, because your posts are always long, never well thought out, and always wrong.

Its why you should stop shitting up this thread with your demonstrably disproven lies and nonsense.
I'm not lying, and nothing that I'm saying has been proven wrong.

That's a great defense you have, though: "LA LA LA I DON'T CARE LA LA LA YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE WRONG EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T READ WHAT I'M ACCUSING YOU OF BEING WRONG ABOUT LA LA LA"

...I expected more from you, Hodj. You're usually pretty level-headed. Guess I was wrong.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hey idiot,

You're not listening. Zimmerman was found not guilty because he wasn't guilty of anything. Every one of his actions was legally justified, up to and including the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin. Suffering blows to the head gives you legal ground to consider your life in danger and defend yourself accordingly.

Are we on the same page so far?

Suffering blows to the head, however, is not proof of murderous intent, which is what you are inferring. If the events had unfurled exactly as they did except that Martin survived the gunshot, Martin could have been charged with a crime, right? What would he have been charged with? Aggravated assault, right? Why not attempted murder? Because all we can prove is that he was beating Zimmerman up, not trying to kill him. Get your head out of your ass.

Justice was served. Enjoy the fact that the legal system worked as it was supposed to. Just don't use Zimmerman's innocence as a reason to jump to unproven conclusions about Martin. That's counterproductive and ignorant and as bad as the Facebook people. Worse, because you're objectively better informed and should know better.
Pretty sure you are wrong. The minute he started bashing Zimmerman head into something it escalated the crime.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I can understand why people would think Zimmerman is partially responsible and could have done things way different to avoid this. What I can't understand is how anyone could possibly come to the conclusion that TM was some angel that was murdered in cold blood. All the evidence was in favor of Zimmerman. ALL OF IT! How the fuck are people coming to these conclusions that he should have been found guilty?
Easy. Because He is an adult with a gun that approached a 17 year old kid/man that was doing nothing illegal. There were SO many options he had prior to killing Trayvon. Him as the adult should have should have seen this, especially if you want to be in a neighborhood watch.

I don't think it was murder. I DO think it was a version of manslaughter though. Someone died because of his bad decision making and actions leading up to the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.