Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
There is, but I'm pretty sure libel laws are narrow that you'd have to be able to demonstrate someone knowingly lied on some sort of public record. Its very hard to prove that soandso knew the facts before hand while slandering another person. That said, Zimmerman can (and immediately did so already) sue for defamation, in particular, NBC.
Yea, but thats because NBC knowingly twisted the 911 call to make it sound like GZ said something he didn't say. Thats different than calling him a murderer in my view.

ezcw_sl

shitlord
It's too bad to see Daily Show and Colbert missing the chance to go after the media lies and just taking the easy way out. But they gotta play to their audience to pay the bills I suppose.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Sweet Justice
frown.png
I love how they predictably looted a Walmart.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
It's too bad to see Daily Show and Colbert missing the chance to go after the media lies and just taking the easy way out. But they gotta play to their audience to pay the bills I suppose.
The problem with trying to make right wing racists laugh is that no one else finds anything they like funny.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
On MSNBC this morning they had a rep from Illinois on there saying that she never heard of a neighborhood watch person carrying as part of their job. No shit. He was carrying as a citizen, something until the last week citizens of Illinois have never been able to do.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I note they make no mention of what the guy attacked on the bench looked like in the video.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
comedy central is a pussy network. remember all the problems that the south park guys have when they want to include Mohammed in their episodes? they are arent about to say that the jury was correct in their verdict because unfortunately the majority of the US are morons who didnt even bother to follow this case they are so upset over.

Triangular_sl

shitlord
comedy central is a pussy network. remember all the problems that the south park guys have when they want to include Mohammed in their episodes? they are arent about to say that the jury was correct in their verdict because unfortunately the majority of the US are morons who didnt even bother to follow this case they are so upset over.
I am starting to think that they are all approaching from this angle: "Trayvon should've lived."
And from there, their rationality is formed.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
On MSNBC this morning they had a rep from Illinois on there saying that she never heard of a neighborhood watch person carrying as part of their job. No shit. He was carrying as a citizen, something until the last week citizens of Illinois have never been able to do.
It just once again highlights how uninformed people are about this case. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that most people really don't care about the details or what really the truth is anymore. They just see 'man with a gun shot a 17 year old', the end.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
If Sharpton says a white man killed a black baby, that's evidence enough. Time for a new TV.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It just once again highlights how uninformed people are about this case. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that most people really don't care about the details or what really the truth is anymore. They just see 'man with a gun shot a 17 year old', the end.
The important lesson to take from this isn't that people are particularly uninformed about "this case"... they are uninformed about EVERYTHING. People are manipulated by the media and by their peers who form strong opinions on things with little to no information, and once their opinion calcifies they are too mentally inflexible to change their mind despite overwhelming evidence.

This is just how people in general are. The only reason this case exposed it is because the trial actually shows "the facts" as they are so that we can compare that with what the media says and what people "believe". The televised trial raised the skirt a bit and showed the disease.

tl;dr people in general are idiots and lemmings, have no idea what to thing on their own, and cling doggedly to their uninformed opinions and thoughts. This is not new.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
tl;dr people in general are idiots and lemmings, have no idea what to thing on their own, and cling doggedly to their uninformed opinions and thoughts. This is not new.
Would you say it's getting worse, or that the media manipulates even more than at some previous time?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Would you say it's getting worse, or that the media manipulates even more than at some previous time?
I think its certainly better than it used to be. People used to get 100% of their information from a single source (newspaper, evening news, etc). The tradeoff was those single sources used to be somewhat more objective. I think the media has gradually grown more manipulative, partisan and fragmented, but thats been offset by the proliferation of multiple media sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.