Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Huh? That article is saying self-defense laws are stupid. Sorry but Ill take laws that protect my right to defend myself if I am attacked.
Yep...The Onion has some truly retarded stories at times...although they do have the occasional gem.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone feel like playing devil's advocate on why ZM is guilty? I haven't heard one convincing argument that isn't just the black card argument.
It really can't be done. Every single piece of evidence supports Zimmerman's version of the story. All you can do is make up wild bullshit that is contradicted by the facts, which is what the media is doing.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
It really can't be done. Every single piece of evidence supports Zimmerman's version of the story. All you can do is make up wild bullshit that is contradicted by the facts, which is what the media is doing.
Yeah when you listen to hooty mcboob's testimony, it was impossible for him to self inflict the wounds, he was already seen by several people.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
The threshold to be found guilty is proof beyond a reasonable doubt so yes, all the defense has to do is create a reasonable doubt.

What exactly are we talking about here? Do you want lower standards of establishing guilt?

edit - ah, wonderful. I'm so ginned up over this that the nuance is lost on me. If it is actually the case.
It's the onion, they're satirizing the people complaning about the verdict, implying that anyone who doesn't understand why zimmerman got off is a fucking idiot. Jesus fuck, you don't know what the onion is?

khalid

Unelected Mod
You haven't looked in the mirror lately I assume?
So you support Holder yet again implying, like so many people who are misinformed about the case, that SYG laws had something to do with this?

Do you support civil rights charges against Zimmerman, even though there is no evidence whatsoever that there was racism involved? Even though pretty much every neutral authority has said it would be a complete joke if they actually brought these charges?

Of course you do, because you also are a piece of shit.

cause she's new school borzark she don't need to use proper words yo, also reading treyvons text messages where brutal at times, it was like ebonics++1
You joke, but ebonics is/was actually studied in at least 1 college (i wish this was a joke):

Ebonics Q & A | CalPoly Institute

"Ebonics is a language system characteristic of certain speech communities in the United States, especially (but not exclusively) African American communities in urban areas and the South. Although it has many features that distinguish it from various dialects of English, it also has very much in common with kinds of English all over the world. It also differs from community to community. We must be careful to note that (a) not all African Americans speak Ebonics; (b) there are non-African Americans who do speak Ebonics, by virtue of having grown up in the communities where it is spoken.

There is a significant scientific literature on Ebonics. The field which studies it is called 'sociolinguistics'. Within sociolinguistics, Ebonics has been known as Black English, Black English Vernacular or BEV (pronounced 'bee-ee-vee' or 'Bev'), and (most currently) African American Vernacular English or AAVE (pronounced like 'have' without the 'h', or 'ay-ay-vee-ee'). Linguists of various races have studied its systems of grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary, as well as its origins and history, since the 1960s. The term Ebonics was first used in the 1970s. Some highly respected linguists who have worked on Ebonics are: John Baugh, William Labov, John Rickford, Geneva Smitherman, and Walt Wolfram. All have published books and articles on the subject."
Oh and btw, when I googled "ebonics college course" the top google ads were for DeVry and ITT-Tech hehe.
tongue.png

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
The fact that people at the highest level of our national government are playing this game is disgusting, even moreso than the media. Obama, Holder, Clinton (ok, well she's private right now) are all echoing the absurdities that the uninformed are spouting. Are they not supposed to be great lawyers, and as such generally want to look at the evidence first? If in fact they did, then they're just continuing to further ruin one man's life to push an agenda. That is what makes me upset now (I gotta be upset about something or else I'd implode).

Numbers_sl

shitlord
So you support Holder yet again implying, like so many people who are misinformed about the case, that SYG laws had something to do with this?

Do you support civil rights charges against Zimmerman, even though there is no evidence whatsoever that there was racism involved? Even though pretty much every neutral authority has said it would be a complete joke if they actually brought these charges?

Of course you do, because you also are a piece of shit.
I support a change in some of the laws some of your states have simply because from where I stand, the inmates are running the asylum. I don't think I'm s piece of shit though. I wasn't cheering the death of a teenager, unlike you and your friends heh.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
The fact that people at the highest level of our national government are playing this game is disgusting, even moreso than the media. Obama, Holder, Clinton (ok, well she's private right now) are all echoing the absurdities that the uninformed are spouting. Are they not supposed to be great lawyers, and as such generally want to look at the evidence first? If in fact they did, then they're just continuing to further ruin one man's life to push an agenda. That is what makes me upset now (I gotta be upset about something or else I'd implode).
That's what you get for holding people in high ranking positions to standards. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT PRESSURE?!

khalid

Unelected Mod
I wasn't cheering the death of a teenager, unlike you and your friends heh.
Citation needed you idiot. No one is cheering the death of Trayvon except for racists. What reasonable people are cheering is that a media railroad of a person who just defended themselves wasn't successful.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I gotta say as a firearm owning, concealed carrying, lawn mowing republican - I think the idea of the 2nd amendment supporting my "right" to buy modern firearms is honestly hilarious & totally misguided.
I find ideas like this focus on one or both of these aspects; no self respect or trust.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm very familiar with the onion and this case, but when I read that article I kept looking for the shark-jumping moment where they'd expose themselves as being satire but it never came, lol. You wouldn't have to try very hard to convince me that was a serious article written on some serious portion of the onion.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I gotta say as a firearm owning, concealed carrying, lawn mowing republican - I think the idea of the 2nd amendment supporting my "right" to buy modern firearms is honestly hilarious & totally misguided.
Try harder.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious what the Obama supporters opinion is now that his administration is creating/continuing this witch hunt on Zimmerman. I guess they really don't care about the justice system -- just surprising that would come out of the department.. of.. well.. justice.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I'm curious what the Obama supporters opinion is now that his administration is creating/continuing this witch hunt on Zimmerman. I guess they really don't care about the justice system -- just surprising that would come out of the department.. of.. well.. justice.
I voted for Obama, and my impression that this is a ploy to distract people from looking at the IRS scandal and other crap. Before the Zimmerman craze every week was just more and more justified bashing of the current administration. Now all you see is crap about rioting and Zimmerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.