Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's not an ad naseum fallacy. I'm forced to repeat myself because I'm being addressed by multiple people.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Why are people so invested in tarring Kentucky as a southern state? I guess its all about trashing the midwest in this forum. Flyover states and all that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty much. I mean it has really gotten the entire nest's feathers up in a huff that Kentucky would DARE to view itself as something not confined in their narrow little boxes of prejudices and stereotypes.

Its a shame. All these open minded tolerant people being so incapable of accepting their fellow brothers, brothers who fought and died to free the oppressed people of this nation, to right the moral injustices of our national history, into the fold where they so rightfully belong due to their own hard efforts at preserving the Union.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lithose its nice to see you've figured out that my words are pure wisdom and that its best for you to just quote them than actually try to make a cogent argument, since you've failed to do so thus far, but really bro.

No one cares.

You have yet to deliver a gotcha moment. Its just sad.

iannis

Musty Nester
On a related sub-topic:

Do people really consider Texas to be southern? I've very rarely heard Texas described as southern. Texas is described as Texan.

iannis

Musty Nester
And really, if someone asked, "Is Texas a southern state or a midwestern state" my impulse would be to say it's Midwestern. But really it's just Texan.

Which is code for "cheap brown people labor lives there, but we're not legally allowed to call them slaves"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Pretty much. I mean it has really gotten the entire nest's feathers up in a huff that Kentucky would DARE to view itself as something not confined in their narrow little boxes of prejudices and stereotypes.

Its a shame. All these open minded tolerant people being so incapable of accepting their fellow brothers, brothers who fought and died to free the oppressed people of this nation, to right the moral injustices of our national history, into the fold where they so rightfully belong due to their own hard efforts at preserving the Union.
Your logical fallacy is black-or-white

There aren't two choices here, you were never limited to two choices and choosing to limit yourself to two choices because Hodj wants to define the conversation in tenants favorable to him was dishonest and unfair.

Says who and by what metric? This is completely subjective and undefined nonsense bro. appeals to emotion
(The black and white fallacy comes into play by asserting because Kentucky's government, under military duress, sided with the Union, it was Union. When in fact 40 thousand troops fought for the south, it did not abolish slavery during the war and a host of other factors.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose its nice to see you've figured out that my words are pure wisdom and that its best for you to just quote them than actually try to make a cogent argument, since you've failed to do so thus far, but really bro.
Your hypocrisy is just very evident. It's kind of easy, actually.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Well, most Texans have a huge chip on their shoulder and always like to refer to Texas as it's own country, but the culture, traditions, religion, food, and racism are most definitely of the Southern flavor. I've lived down here almost twenty years and I would definitely consider it part of the South, and not because of its geography or which side it took in a 150 year old war.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, most Texans have a huge chip on their shoulder and always like to refer to Texas as it's own country, but the culture, traditions, religion, food, and racism are most definitely of the Southern flavor. I've lived down here almost twenty years and I would definitely consider it part of the South, and not because of its geography or which side it took in a 150 year old war.
Yeah, Reed and the Southern Boundaries report (Linked earlier) cited Texas that has changed a lot thanks to migration due to it's booming economy. From an underlying perspective they still identify a lot with the South, but they are one of the two that are changing the most. It's a pretty neat report honestly, it's in the long argument Hodj keeps ducking.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I've been to Texas. Its definitely a Southern culture with Mexican influences.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Really depends where you go. Southern area up to San Antonio, yeah. North and east you won't see that much Mexican influence. Central texas here is mostly german and italian influence. I'd say the beach communities don't have much of a "mexican culture" vibe to them...So, yeah..did you go to SA or El Paso?

Status
Not open for further replies.