Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't mind the wftv dudes. They basically just give you a replay during the breaks. They're harmless.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So does this mean in the Aaron Hernandez case that the defense could use this case as a reason to disallow text messages?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Where can I find a transcript of the texts? I understand some were read in court and it was kind of funny.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
OH GOD THEY"VE PULLED OUT THE SHOW ME WHERE THE BAD MAN TOUCHED YOU MOLESTATION DOLL GRAB YOUR SEATS PEOPLE WE'RE HEADED INTO THE STRATOSPHERE HERE

added: Prosecution appears to be raping the doll currently

rrr_img_35180.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
With the entire exchange about the 90 deg entry, this prosecutor is doing more for the defense than the prosecution.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How come judges in tv shows always appear wizened and real judges disappoint the eff out of me?
Real judges are elected and don't actually need any qualifications. I wish I could find the article I read not too long ago about how most judges don't even have a bachelor's degree, much less law degree. Like, VAST majority. So basically you've got a bunch of severely unqualified people deciding shit they have no business deciding. And because our system is based on Common Law, that means their decisions can be used in other cases. Then it just becomes a jumble fuck of retardation.

So anyway, it's because TV shows and movies would be pretty annoying if you just had some dumb hick as your judge character.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Wish I could show some of you the judges that get elected in some of the more podunk counties in Kentucky.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Real judges are elected and don't actually need any qualifications. I wish I could find the article I read not too long ago about how most judges don't even have a bachelor's degree, much less law degree. Like, VAST majority. So basically you've got a bunch of severely unqualified people deciding shit they have no business deciding. And because our system is based on Common Law, that means their decisions can be used in other cases. Then it just becomes a jumble fuck of retardation.

So anyway, it's because TV shows and movies would be pretty annoying if you just had some dumb hick as your judge character.
Not exactly, all of the district and county court judges are lawyers... the ones that can be anybody are like justices of the peace and small claims court judges. In many states they are elected, in some they are appointed.

Also trial court decisions aren't binding on anybody, even themselves, so they don't set precedent. Only appeals court decisions are binding on the courts below them.

Status
Not open for further replies.