Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Not exactly, all of the district and county court judges are lawyers... the ones that can be anybody are like justices of the peace and small claims court judges. In many states they are elected, in some they are appointed.

Also trial court decisions aren't binding on anybody, even themselves, so they don't set precedent. Only appeals court decisions are binding on the courts below them.
This. Also, the United States is really 51 different jurisdictional entities (governments). So even if an appeals court in Florida upheld this cellphone nonsense, it wouldnt be binding on any other state in the country. Sure, other states could look to that appellate decision for guidance, but it certainly wouldnt be mandatory authority

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can someone remind me what this witnesses role is.

The prosecution is boring me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He's a former cop and weapons/fighting expert for some police department (retired) who now runs a company that trains people in self defense, including the police.

Prosecution is just dying for some drama to help give them a winning day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
is "its possible" a valid line of argument?
It is, because generally experts give their opinion on what happened. If you don't like what that expert says, you cast doubt on it either by questioning their methods, which only sometimes works since they are fucking experts, by making it clear that what they are saying is just one version, that other versions are possible, or by calling your own experts with more reasonable opinions.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fresh faced witness:
rrr_img_35212.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So all the talking heads on CNN are saying he wasn't a good witness for the defense. What am I missing that makes them come to that conclusion?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
In other news, attempting to point out even a tiny bit of logic on the Justice for Trayvon FB page gets you banned. Back to the trial for entertainment

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fucking prosecutor acting like he had this woman caught in a lie and then no further questions. Fucking let down, I want my movie moment!

YOU HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT?!!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Prosecutors are just being douches at this point, mad they can't land a solid hit on Zimzam, contesting everything just because.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Nooo don't dismiss her!

I've working this nasty image in my head of this witness being banged doggystyle by O'Mara while she's eating out Judge Nelson while getting bukkake from the prosecution.

I may have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.