Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
If he felt scared, then why didnt he get off the phone with Jabba and call 911 himself?
This is what you or I may have done and it's obviously the correct course of action. However it doesn't surprise me that he didn't. While none of us can say if it has any bearing there are some people who have been conditioned that it is wrong to involve the police, much less trust them to aid or protect you. It's not a "black" thing either. I have known and unfortunately still interact with people of many races who feel slurs are how the police should always be referred to. That the police will try to fuck them over with no cause. That it "makes you a pussy" and that you should take care of that shit yourself rather than be "a bitch". There are of course shitty cops, turns out they are human. But there is a widespread culture in this country of "fuck ta po-lice" that does a whole lot of fucking harm.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Sorry, but.. what's the deal with NBC? I have followed this thread off and on but must have missed why GZ can easily sue NBC for the monies, besides them doing what every other media organization does these days -- try to make news, instead of report it. What happened?
24 hour news stations who have compete with all the other cable channels for viewers. Except instead of creating fictional shows they have to manipulate reality to be more interesting.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It'll all be okay.

rrr_img_35881.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sorry, but.. what's the deal with NBC? I have followed this thread off and on but must have missed why GZ can easily sue NBC for the monies, besides them doing what every other media organization does these days -- try to make news, instead of report it. What happened?
NBC edited the 311 call to make it seem like Zimmerman was racist.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Al Sharpton calling for an end to double jeopardy so the Department of Justice can reopen the case and try Zimmerman again.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
DOJ releases they are reviewing the evidence. I guess they are going to try and slap a hate crime/civil rights case against him if they think it will stick.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
NBC edited the 911 call to make it appear as though Zimmermen was racist, by describing Martin race first. When in fact, the original 911 call, Zimmerman did not mention race until specifically asked for it by the operator.
Ahh yes, I remember that now, thank you.

Charles_sl

shitlord
You're using loaded words like"stalking". He was just walking down the street on the phone. With police. And he stopped following Martin, and Martin was almost home, then turned around and instigated a physical confrontation with Zimmerman.

I have lived in cities most of my life, also. I've been followed. I've been beaten. But I have never once thought "I got away from that guy who was following me. Let me turn around and fuck him up because I'm scared." Never once.

If I was walking down my street tonight and someone was following me at a distance, I would continue quickly to my house. If they stopped following me, I would be grateful. Then I would go home and not get shot in the fucking chest.
Great, so you know what it feels like to be filled with a rush of adrenalin. When I feel threatened I get on edge immediately, it's a natural reaction. Personally I've done stupid things like hit someone first, I'm only human, shit happens. Drinking a little too much, the above mentioned adrenalin rush, it can lead to doing stupid things. Should I have been killed because I struck the first blow? Certainly not. I was absolutely responsible for initiating the physical part of the altercation but I wasn't fully and completely responsible for it. If it was escalated to the point of a death then I would accept my responsibility in what happened.

I do fully agree that Zimmerman had every right to defend himself but the fact remains that he played a role in starting the altercation. As such in my view he shares in the fault for what happened. It doesn't matter who threw the first punch or fired the first shot. Both Martin and Zimmerman played a part in what happened and they both share the responsibility and fault.

If it is a fact that Martin followed and attacked Zimmerman as he was going back to his vehicle then that's wrong of course. But does that make him the only one at fault? Not in my book. He was unable to control his emotions, which as I said above can be difficult even for a level-headed person like me, but that doesn't mean that he is now solely responsible for everything else that happened.

Poster Abefroman is very reasonable in what he was saying. Things escalated and got out of control. It doesn't matter what the reason for the escalation was and we don't know. Was Zimmerman harassing and stalking Martin? Did Martin return the stalking behavior and attack Zimmerman? Who cares. None of that changes the fact that both of them played their own part in the altercation.

You don't just get a magical reset button after you initiate an altercation.

If I were being followed and I felt threatened my blood would be pumping furiously. I would be filled with a rush of adrenalin. My mind would be thinking, "What do I do? What do I do??" I would be going through my natural fight-or-flight response. I would be trying to stay calm and collected. There would be a great deal of things happening to me in a short amount of time, it isn't an easy situation to be in. Would I go and attack the person? It's hard to say, perhaps I would if I felt that was my best defense. I don't really know.

Either way the fact remains that both of these people were responsible for what happened. Martin is deceased, Zimmerman was beaten, nobody wins. They should both be punished if we are a fair and just society. They are both responsible for the escalation of violence in the altercation. Zimmerman with first following and harassing Martin, Martin for initiating the physical portion of the altercation, Zimmerman for firing the gunshot. None of these things are right.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
State never proved its case, legal analysts say

SANFORD -- After five weeks of trial and 56 witnesses, few legal observers believed prosecutors came close to proving Sanford neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman committed second-degree murder when he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in February 2012.

So for many legal analysts, it was no surprise that jurors rejected even a lesser "compromise" verdict of manslaughter, acquitting Zimmerman outright of all criminal charges and deciding he acted in a reasonable way to protect his own life.

The acquittal was a stinging blow for prosecutors and their decision to file the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman, who was not initially arrested by Sanford police after claiming self-defense. And it was a resounding embrace of the defense's strategy during closing arguments not just to establish that prosecutors hadn't proven Zimmerman guilty, but also to show he was "absolutely" innocent.

"Justifiable use of force is one of the most difficult areas of the law," State Attorney Angela Corey acknowledged Saturday after Zimmerman's acquittal. "Make no mistake, Trayvon Martin had every right to be on the premises as did George Zimmerman ... that's what makes this case unique."

Zimmerman defense attorney Don West Zimmerman defense attorney called the prosecution's case a "disgrace."

"We proved that George Zimmerman was not guilty," he said.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/1...ase-legal.html

khalid

Unelected Mod
Zimmerman with first following and harassing Martin, Martin for initiating the physical portion of the altercation, Zimmerman for firing the gunshot. None of these things are right.
Following is not harassment. Firing a gunshot after being attacked is self-defense.

Sorry but no reason at all Zimmerman should be punished.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Either way the fact remains that both of these people were responsible for what happened. Martin is deceased, Zimmerman was beaten, nobody wins. They should both be punished if we are a fair and just society. They are both responsible for the escalation of violence in the altercation. Zimmerman with first following and harassing Martin, Martin for initiating the physical portion of the altercation, Zimmerman for firing the gunshot. None of these things are right.
No. You're stupid.

Zimmerman did not 'harass' him, and only followed him for a short distance, WHICH IS NOT A CRIME. A couple minutes later, Martin shows back up and attacks him, WHICH IS A CRIME, and Zimmerman defended himself, WHICH IS NOT A CRIME.

Justice for Trayvon was served when Zimmerman shot him.

Fedor

<Banned>
Great, so you know what it feels like to be filled with a rush of adrenalin. When I feel threatened I get on edge immediately, it's a natural reaction. Personally I've done stupid things like hit someone first, I'm only human, shit happens. Drinking a little too much, the above mentioned adrenalin rush, it can lead to doing stupid things. Should I have been killed because I struck the first blow? Certainly not. I was absolutely responsible for initiating the physical part of the altercation but I wasn't fully and completely responsible for it. If it was escalated to the point of a death then I would accept my responsibility in what happened.

I do fully agree that Zimmerman had every right to defend himself but the fact remains that he played a role in starting the altercation. As such in my view he shares in the fault for what happened. It doesn't matter who threw the first punch or fired the first shot. Both Martin and Zimmerman played a part in what happened and they both share the responsibility and fault.

If it is a fact that Martin followed and attacked Zimmerman as he was going back to his vehicle then that's wrong of course. But does that make him the only one at fault? Not in my book. He was unable to control his emotions, which as I said above can be difficult even for a level-headed person like me, but that doesn't mean that he is now solely responsible for everything else that happened.

Poster Abefroman is very reasonable in what he was saying. Things escalated and got out of control. It doesn't matter what the reason for the escalation was and we don't know. Was Zimmerman harassing and stalking Martin? Did Martin return the stalking behavior and attack Zimmerman? Who cares. None of that changes the fact that both of them played their own part in the altercation.

You don't just get a magical reset button after you initiate an altercation.

If I were being followed and I felt threatened my blood would be pumping furiously. I would be filled with a rush of adrenalin. My mind would be thinking, "What do I do? What do I do??" I would be going through my natural fight-or-flight response. I would be trying to stay calm and collected. There would be a great deal of things happening to me in a short amount of time, it isn't an easy situation to be in. Would I go and attack the person? It's hard to say, perhaps I would if I felt that was my best defense. I don't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.