Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannis

Musty Nester
So all you've got to do, if you want to kill someone, is pick a fight with them, then shoot them once you're getting your ass kicked?
You have to be a little bit subtle in how you pick that fight, and pre-emptively cover your ass in the choosing of it. But yes, basically. That isn't new though. That's what makes self-defense and mental states "big grey areas".

But that's also not what happened. q.v. the trial.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Following someone, first in a vehicle, then on foot, in addition to calling the police on them for no good reason, is most certainly harassment.
No, not in a legal sense, not in a normal every day sense, in no sense is being suspicious of someone, and following them to report them to police, harassment.

Burden shifting isn't going to win this argument for you, you've already lost it. Zimmerman is a free man tonight because you're so fucking wrong.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Hypothetically, suppose Trayvon beat Zimmerman unconscious/to death when he had full mount, would Trayvon be guilty or found not guilty?

Fedor

<Banned>
2XiAF50.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can we ned stark Charles for a bit? He's like a year behind on this Fucking shit and he keeps admitting to it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, admitting you don't know the facts of the case but then arguing about the facts is pretty blatant trolling.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can we ned stark Charles for a bit? He's like a year behind on this Fucking shit and he keeps admitting to it.
Nah, I almost never infract people I'm engaging in conversation. Besides this is a justice party and he's just the party clown.

He's also not trolling like Numbers was. Numbers is intelligent, Charles is generally on the wrong side of truth.

I'm sure the media presence can overwhelm a persons capability to think straight.

I always considered my brother a fairly intelligent person, but I had a conversation with him about this bullshit when it first started (like a week or two after news broke) and he was convinced that Zimmerman was guilty. I was like "how the hell can you be so certain". He was visiting me from California.. my location redacted.. fuck you neckbeards.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hypothetically, suppose Trayvon beat Zimmerman unconscious/to death when he had full mount, would Trayvon be guilty or found not guilty?
He would have been found guilty after having been tried...AS AN ADULT.

So all that "kid" nonsense can go right out the window as well.

I actually said this directly to my wife earlier, had Zimmerman not had a gun, and died that night from having his head knocked into the concrete, Martin would have been arrested and tried for 2nd degree murder as an adult. And he would have been found guilty.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
He would have been found guilty after having been tried...AS AN ADULT.

So all that "kid" nonsense can go right out the window as well.

I actually said this directly to my wife earlier, had Zimmerman not had a gun, and died that night from having his head knocked into the concrete, Martin would have been arrested and tried for 2nd degree murder as an adult. And he would have been found guilty.
If they even caught him. These assholes always get away.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nah, I almost never infract people I'm engaging in conversation. Besides this is a justice party and he's just the party clown.

He's also not trolling like Numbers was. Numbers is intelligent, Charles is generally on the wrong side of truth.
Alright but if Ice is unsheathed I call dibs on his coin

Charles_sl

shitlord
This is actually entirely relevant to the case. Its whole reason that Zimmerman just walked. But you knew that. I can tell that you went to law school from the way that you don't argue from emotion
I'm talking about right and wrong. In my view it simply isn't right to have no responsibility when you play a part in an altercation that leads to the death of an innocent person. I would think differently if Martin were out looking for trouble but that simply isn't the case.

Feel free to argue against my points. Having been in fights myself I can tell you that intelligent decisions are not always made. When you are flush with adrenalin and your heart is pounding you can do a lot of stupid things in retrospect. You aren't thinking reasonably. You are thinking of what you can do to get yourself out of that situation. Both Martin and Zimmerman felt this, it doesn't make either of their actions correct.

Clearly Zimmerman felt threatened enough by Martin's presence to follow him around and call the police. Martin then felt threatened enough to initiate a physically confrontation within the altercation. Zimmerman, now involved in a physical fight, felt threatened enough to use his firearm in defense. They both clearly played parts in the fight and they should both be responsible for what happened. You shouldn't be able to start a fight and then escalate it to the point of a death and be cleared of any responsibility.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would think differently if Martin were out looking for trouble but that simply isn't the case.
Martin did look for trouble.
Charles_sl said:
Martin then felt threatened enough to initiate a physically confrontation within the altercation.
A: Stop using the word altercation wrong:

Altercation:
A noisy argument or disagreement, esp. in public.

It wasn't noisy until Trayvon started beating the shit out of George.

B: It is illegal and wrong to 'initiate a physically confrontation' aka cold-cock and beat the shit out of someone for following you.

iannis

Musty Nester
Al Sharpton should be ashamed of pandering to and instigating this shit... but I've come to expect (male) black preachers to be one of the lowest form of criminal.

#truthtopower

Status
Not open for further replies.