K-PoP SenSation

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I got a ticket for Blackpink concert mmm $200 bux

2019 FEB Comeback - (G)-IDLE
man this is a shitty comeback considering how strong ITZY debut was.

production values are so nice in these music vids. Since I am old, what then gets me is, a very strong melodic musical focus. To put it over simplistically, I like tunes that can get stuck in my head and have me humming it. I'm not getting that feeling these days from A-pop (American pop hehe).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Kpop relies on a lot of repetitive formula. Recently they are moving away from 2000 era formula to something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Well I hope they still think about melody. I would argue it is a strong suit. Most American pop employs rap ideas about how to construct a lyric. But that model only makes sense if one is a native speaker (and even then, it is not attractive necessarily).

There is plenty of music to go around, but I think the american pop model is saturated. All good things come to an end.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Well I hope they still think about melody. I would argue it is a strong suit. Most American pop employs rap ideas about how to construct a lyric. But that model only makes sense if one is a native speaker (and even then, it is not attractive necessarily).

There is plenty of music to go around, but I think the american pop model is saturated. All good things come to an end.
Man Kpop is insanely saturated too... Which is why we are getting variety of different group with different concepts... Like GFriend is girl group for college kids leaning towards nostalgia. Twice is young group for high school kids or of that nature.. Blackpink is girl crush group. WJSN is a magical school girl concept (wtf).

It's...very diverse now... I remember thinking back how similar the groups were in 2000. Now everyone is biding for new demographic.

Capitalism at its finest..rofl...

Korillo

Molten Core Raider

I thought about going to see Blackpink but wasn't really feeling it. Still salty I missed seeing Red Velvet though.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I will see Blackpink this April... But...not really excited cuz yg throws out money crunching concerts...

What I am waiting for is loona concert somewhere in North America ..I will get a flight or some shit....

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Blackpink has a huge following. They could release anything and get over 100M. Kill this Love was pretty weak, next comeback will have to be better.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, this is at the top of YouTube trending and this song really isn't that good.

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Meh, this is at the top of YouTube trending and this song really isn't that good.

I only noticed this from loona bts dancing choreography. Not good at all.

Gonna hit Blink concert and I wanna cancel it so bad......