Keplerth - PC (Terraria like)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Released out of early access today as 1.0. Been in EA since 2018.

Just got it myself, so no real idea on the scope of it. Terraria like with the visuals of Rimworld.

Caliane

it was on my radar for a good while. but I was not actually paying much attention. I picked it up last week or so, while it was still at EA price. of note, they decided to NOT increase the price for release. $11.24

I have not played the 1.0 release. which via the patch notes, is big. in particular, added a colony system.
- Follower system: Replica Gene Module can be obtained by doing quests with villager, and Players can use Replica Incubator in Schip’ s Lab to create Replica that can wear equipment and weapons, Replica can participate in various battles with the player together with the pet and become the player’ s powerful follower.

- Shelter Simulation: Newly added Shelter Facilities Workbench, players can create various living and entertainment facilities for accepting survivors and earn money from them.

- Monster Invasion: Monsters will build camps near the player’s base and attack the base from time to time. Players can create traps and defensive structures, defend with the inhabitants of armed shelter, destroying enemy camps can end the invasion (Defeating invading monsters has a chance to drop new trinkets and pets with new skills as rewards).

so, I have not played that aspect yet.

so, my prerelease thoughts. It was a decent top down terraria clone. however, a bit linear and a bit short. Even compared to terraria at release its a bit light on content.
v rising definitely stole much of its thunder. but Ill come back to this for sure.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I picked this up for me and my 10 year old and he loves it. He is a huge Minecraft player and he likes the Minecraft-like stuff in the game (particularly the taming).

We've played close to 5 hours in the last day and a half, killed the first two bosses (surface and underground level 4) - it is a decently entertaining game.

I tamed a lion and it makes moving around the map a helluva lot faster lol.

Def worth the $14 sale price I think. My kid and I should have 14 hours out of this by the time he goes back to his mother on Thursday.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just curious when the Rimworld guys come in with lawsuits a-blazing.
It's alright so far; haven't played much but I like the more focused gameplay aspect.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
To anyone who is having difficulty beating the Insector Queen. The key is to use EXPLOSIVE arrows to kill the egg/spawn and it will also prevent the queen to heal.