Keyboards & Mice

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying to figure out how to make my "dream" build.
1. Full-size keyboard with RGB.
2. As silent as possible.
3. Tactile & Hot-swap switches.
4. Shine-through keys.
5. Zero bounce/flex.

I might be able to give up the keypad, but it would take a lot of getting used to. Been using a full-size keyboard since my first
IBM clone computer.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Keychron K4 battery is a total piece of shit and won't stay charged for more than a day or two now. Going to try and buy a replacement battery off Amazon and give it a shot. If that doesn't work will try to find something. Prefer wireless just for lack of cables.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Keychron K4 battery is a total piece of shit and won't stay charged for more than a day or two now. Going to try and buy a replacement battery off Amazon and give it a shot. If that doesn't work will try to find something. Prefer wireless just for lack of cables.
Yea I have noticed really bad battery time as well. Even with Auto shutdown on. I do have RGB on so might need to turn it off. But 2 days of moderate use and it's down to red and needs charging. No way its 68 hours or whatever they claim. Maybe 20h max.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yea I have noticed really bad battery time as well. Even with Auto shutdown on. I do have RGB on so might need to turn it off. But 2 days of moderate use and it's down to red and needs charging. No way its 68 hours or whatever they claim. Maybe 20h max.
AKZYTUE 3.7V 4000mAh 606090 Lipo battery Rechargeable Lithium Polymer ion Battery Pack with PH2.0mm JST Connector https://a.co/d/iHVcl6K

That was the listed replacement for the K4. Should be here tomorrow, weather slowed everything down a day. Purely based on thickness and connector type I bet you could go even bigger. Will let you know if I notice any difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Just did my battery replacement. Wasn't too bad except that the original battery was stuck to the case with NASA construction adhesive and I was worried it would explode on me while trying to pry it off. We'll see how long the replacement lasts. I mostly keep RGB turned off except for lighting up the key on press.

Also just learned today that Fn+b makes the keyboard light up with battery level :D.

IMG_5859.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Just did my battery replacement. Wasn't too bad except that the original battery was stuck to the case with NASA construction adhesive and I was worried it would explode on me while trying to pry it off. We'll see how long the replacement lasts. I mostly keep RGB turned off except for lighting up the key on press.

Also just learned today that Fn+b makes the keyboard light up with battery level :D.

View attachment 509993
How is the battery holding up? Started using LED off (only light up when pressed and the battery is at green levels after 2 days of using it.

Wierd that some shitty LEDs sucks that much power.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How is the battery holding up? Started using LED off (only light up when pressed and the battery is at green levels after 2 days of using it.

Wierd that some shitty LEDs sucks that much power.

I have not charged the keyboard since that post and this is my work keyboard so it gets pretty constant use. I'm at Blue and think it has been for 2-3 days.

So far so good. Once it hits red or whatever I'll give it a full overnight charge.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have not charged the keyboard since that post and this is my work keyboard so it gets pretty constant use. I'm at Blue and think it has been for 2-3 days.

So far so good. Once it hits red or whatever I'll give it a full overnight charge.
Quick note (reminder?), look up the battery type, as most lithium batteries lose life faster by deep cycling them, instead of keeping them topped off.

Aazrael

Got me some Glorious PBT keycaps. The black ones were rough to make out in the dark if RGB was off. Also wanted it to fit with my white PC case, mouse and PS5.

Keyboard is very nice to type in now and still spent less than some "Premium" gaming keyboard.

I think I went enough Nerd into this for now. Seems theres a whole world of Youtubers living off these custom keyboard builds.

PXL_20240201_170805981.jpg

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Got me some Glorious PBT keycaps. The black ones were rough to make out in the dark if RGB was off. Also wanted it to fit with my white PC case, mouse and PS5.

Looks like a vintage typewriter except for that black border. I prefer pudding caps since they blend with just about anything.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The scroll wheel on my Corsair Dark Core mouse became very stiff. So I bought a Logitech MX Master 3S. Then I started reading reviews complaining about the polling rate so cancelled the order and ordered a Razer Pro Click. Then I realised the polling rate on the Corsair was set at 125hz same as the Logitech so it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

Razer arrived and worked fine. Lasted almost a month before needing a charge. Then when I came to charge it yesterday it was totally dead and didn't charge up. So I sent it back to Amazon. I then checked a local retailer and they had a Logitech MX Master 3S in stock, so I decided to collect it today instead of ordering from Amazon. I walked 45 minutes there because cardio, got to the store and their self service order point said they weren't in stock! But I asked the girl at the counter to check and they were.

So now I have an mx master 3s that seems to be working and charging fine. The lame thing about the Razer Click was it uses a micro usb port but the space for it to connect in seemed to be a propietary shape.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Every Razer product I've owned had a proprietary cable connection on one end, so I stopped buying Razer products. I have the MX Master 3S. I use it on my media machine as the movement rate is too slow for gaming (to me). Good product though.

Currently using a Redragon M991 on my gaming machine. No real complaints. It doesn't require a TSR (if they are even called that anymore - I'm old) and seems to hold a charge for a long time.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Every Razer product I've owned had a proprietary cable connection on one end, so I stopped buying Razer products. I have the MX Master 3S. I use it on my media machine as the movement rate is too slow for gaming (to me). Good product though.

Currently using a Redragon M991 on my gaming machine. No real complaints. It doesn't require a TSR (if they are even called that anymore - I'm old) and seems to hold a charge for a long time.

Yeah I like it so far. I don't game so it's fine