Kick-Ass (2010)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I just watched Kick-Ass 2 for the first time since it was in theaters. Holy shit was that bad. It's a great example of how Hollywood can them a very fun first movie into a pile off shit will all their pathetic ideas. It was so bad. They should have used the source material. I think they did the opposite. Created the movie, then made a comic about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I just watched Kick-Ass 2 for the first time since it was in theaters. Holy shit was that bad. It's a great example of how Hollywood can them a very fun first movie into a pile off shit will all their pathetic ideas. It was so bad. They should have used the source material. I think they did the opposite. Created the movie, then made a comic about it.
Mother Russia was pretty funny. thats about the only thing i remember from that. you could tell that the writing team was brainstorming ideas for the movie instead of getting ideas for the movie.

Goatface

is there really a demand for another one?
1697383044673.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Wow... It's only been 10 years? For some reason, it feels older. Maybe I just haven't watched in a while.
Anyhow, I won't mind another one as long as it's fun. That should 100% be the focus of this title.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wow... It's only been 10 years? For some reason, it feels older. Maybe I just haven't watched in a while.
Anyhow, I won't mind another one as long as it's fun. That should 100% be the focus of this title.
its been 13 years. so yes, it does feel older than 10 years. :p

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I watched this with my kids about a month ago. Right after finishing it my oldest said that he wanted to be Kickass for Halloween, but then his lil brother reminded him that he already agreed to go as Dumb & Dumber with him this year. So Halloween 2024 we will have a Kickass protecting our neighborhood!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

I watched this with my kids about a month ago. Right after finishing it my oldest said that he wanted to be Kickass for Halloween, but then his lil brother reminded him that he already agreed to go as Dumb & Dumber with him this year. So Halloween 2024 we will have a Kickass protecting our neighborhood!

More like Asskicked. KEKW

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
it didnt need a sequel. it was fine on its own. if Nicolas Cage's charcter (Big Daddy?) had not died, then hells yeah, more of his Adam West Batman, please.

That's actually a really good take. First one was great because it had Nicolas Cage and the novelty of 12 year old Chloe Grace-Moretz brutally murdering the fuck out of people

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What sucks is that all of what happened in Kick-Ass 2 actually WAS in the comic. But it felt like the comic was written after the studio wrote the script for the movie. Then they handed it over in order to distribute the comic prior to the movie. That way they could act like they perfectly remade the comic in movie form... It wasn't good.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Mother Russia was pretty funny. thats about the only thing i remember from that. you could tell that the writing team was brainstorming ideas for the movie instead of getting ideas for the movie.
And it had Jim Carrey. Just a bad movie all around. Why are they doing a 3rd one? Moretz handing out BJ's for roles now?