Kim DotCom's 'Mega'

Primus662

Trakanon Raider
Registered and tried uploading a 1.4mb test file and still nothing. Guess its still beta for a reason.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Awesome. I read a long article about the legal issues he has been going through a while ago. I honestly didn't think he'd come back.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Thousands of people per minute are willing to entrust their files to this, knowing that the US Gov't will probably shut him down by illegal means again?

Crazy shit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Looks like file storage for individuals a-la Dropbox. I've been trying to put a small file on it to see if they're shareable via permanent links but I can't manage to get anything uploaded. Either it's truly beta or it's under way too much stress right now.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I love Kim Dotcom. I read some article with bullet points summarizing his life when megaupload got shut down. It was ridiculous. That guy is my hero. Changing his last name to Dotcom makes him 10x more awesome

Oort_sl

shitlord
Interesting fact: "Dotcom is an avid player of the first-person shooter game Modern Warfare 3 and was ranked No. 1 in the entire world..."

Source

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I was finally able to upload a file, and yes, you can distribute links to individual files like you could on MU. So, yes, it'll be another MU.

Someoneelse_sl

shitlord
Using it here, seems pretty nice, but isn't the Warez haven that tech sites made it out to be. (Which is fine by me, I just don't see what the uproar was about)