King's Bounty Game Series

Fazana_sl

shitlord
There was a fairly active King's Bounty thread on FoH that hasn't carried over to here so after buying Crossworlds and the latest Warriors of the North versions of the game this morning I thought I'd try and get one going again!

If you don't have Warriors of the North, until 12:30ish EST today you can get it fromhttp://groupees.com/kissfor $5, you get a Steam Key for your coins.

I thought I'd start at the beginning of the set I've got but I've heard Armoured Princess is probably the hardest of the series, anyone have any general gameplay tips for that one or any of the others? A better question might be is starting with Armoured Princess the best idea or jump straight into the Orcs campaign?

Is the online version any good or just a massively stripped down IAP/micro-transaction fest?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Armoured princess is actually really easy since you can juke a lot of the mobs to get maps which then in turn let's you go to higher level areas to juke more mobs to get high level spells/money/gear/armies. You can even do a few turn in only quests that will give you multiple levels since they reward a flat amount of exp.

I've only gotten to about the third island in Warriors of the North. It just got a little stale for me. The new barbarian types are kinda meh.

The online version is a social facebook only "game". It's terrible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up on the $5 sale. Is this website manual only? Submitted my order about an hour ago and no keys.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I got an email with a link to the download/keys page within 60 secs of getting the paypal email.

I didn't bother signing up for an account, I just chose the bottom "Sell me your stuff" option so if that's what you did I'd chase them up if it's not hiding in your spam folder.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Well this is embarrassing, two losses in the final tutorial battle out of two attempts in the Armored Princess campaign on normal difficulty as a warrior. The preview text mentions fire spells burning plants easily but since it bloody well didn't give me a fire scroll I just get overwhelmed by the tank like ents and the venus fly traps shitting out summoned stacks of more! >.<

Edit: Turned out I should have started with the Orcs campaign anyway as it is an enhanced version of the original. I fired that up this morning and gave it a go and beat the tutorial fight with just the freebie paladins you get. No idea how people rack up the lossless fights early on, especially as I have two units that bugger off and do their own thing in every fight ?!

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Anyone else playing the Kings bount dark side early access?

Story is nice this time around since you play as the bad guys.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else playing the Kings bount dark side early access?

Story is nice this time around since you play as the bad guys.
Ever since dungeon keeper I've been a sucker for playing as the bad guy. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hadn't heard about Darkside - instant buy. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely seems way tougher than the others so far got my ass beat first fight into Dwarf area.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I currently am doing the vampire route and it is a bit more challenging than the last few versions of the game that have come out.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Just tried the demonesse and orc starting areas. The demon one is easy but the orc one is brutal. That spider fight seems impossible even at normal difficulty.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
ugh, I was kind of turned off by the difficulty of the last King's Bounty, seemed like the only viable strategies were to completely cheese the encounters and have some kind of army that just wouldn't die no matter what, you couldn't just brute force everything anymore. I enjoyed slowly switching around my army compositions in the first game as you moved from land to land, seemed like the last game forced you to find one cheesy combo of units and then just use that forever.

edit: I guess I was wrong, I didn't even know there was a 4th game in the series, guess I skipped that one.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
You can still cheese via summon units like every kings bounty made in recent years but there are plenty of fights where certain stuff gets rolled while in other fights they do the rolling.

I have vampire and demonesse plays both up to 4th island currently. Id say demonesse is better since my vampire has crap for damage spells to choose from so far.

Just tried the demonesse and orc starting areas. The demon one is easy but the orc one is brutal. That spider fight seems impossible even at normal difficulty.
afaik the spider fight is the same in all series, only bring buff melee dudes or guys that can bring in summon/resses and have the Frenzy talent in the might tree (the one that gives your units a +attack bonus each time they destroy an enemy)

Lodor_sl

shitlord
afaik the spider fight is the same in all series, only bring buff melee dudes or guys that can bring in summon/resses and have the Frenzy talent in the might tree (the one that gives your units a +attack bonus each time they destroy an enemy)
I know that cave area is the first area where all 3 port into right before the dwarf area.

Its just that spider fight at that time is hard as hell for what your orc will have compared to the other 2 at that time which makes the fight multitudes harder for them even on normal mode.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nice, had no idea a new game in this series was out. These are just plain old fun strategy games.

Vaclav

Anyone seen any quotes on how complete the EA on it is?

Sidenote: Only crash I'm getting is when I quit - and the crash reporter likes to force it to reload, it's rather hilarious and annoying at the same time.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Seen no % report but i beleive it is mostly bug/balance fixes. Though I have run into some empt merchants in then ow 5 islands I have unlocked. I do not know if it is intentional or quest/progress related since some merchants dont open up without doing side quests I know.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I skipped The last title in this series after being unimpressed with crossroads, should I go back and play Warriors of the North (I enjoyed the first 2)

edit: fuck, keep screwing up titles in this series, why couldn't they just name it 1,2,3,4,5 like every other series.

double edit: crossworlds fuck

Lodor_sl

shitlord
warriors of the north got its own expac called fire and ice which made it worth the money imo.

THis last steam sale the whole kings bounty series, minus dark sides, was on sale for like 12 for awhile even.

Vaclav

Sunovabitch, I missed that Xpac too...

Damn you Lodor, making me realize I've missed so much KB.