Kodi and addons

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just got a stick msyelf, added kodi with exodus. GF has a friend who claims to have a build with hacked apps and stuff. Is that what you're tlaking about perhaps with loaded boxes

Arative

Vyemm Raider
It's mostly cheap Android boxes that people load Kodi on and then put a bunch of add-ons for streaming content like Exodus. Kodi gets the blame and that why they were doing the FBI thing. Saw a bunch of articles from British sites that were claiming owning a Kodi box was illegal, so that's what Kodi was referring too.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
If you want cheap live TV with good support check out Gears TV. $15 a month for basically everything including PPV and all the sports packages. The developers are always active and have a Facebook group to keep everyone in the loop. I've been a member for a year I think, pretty much since they launched.

As for Exodus, try Specto. Just as good imo.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've install Kodi on numerous Fire-sticks in my home and for my in laws. This is probably the best version of Kodi in this guide I have seen yet. It comes packed with tons of addons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Bought a raspberry pi 3 and setup Kodi and GearsTV on it. Very happy with the results for about $65 in hardware and the monthly sub. Did install Exodus and Phoenix but have not really gave them any use since we have a lot of tv and movies on our Roku using Plex.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Put off upgrading my DroidBox from Jarvis 16 to Krypton 17 because lazy and settings / add-ons wipe. Did it late last night drunk and feel stupid I waited. Better interface and Exodus is a lot smoother / quicker to connect streams. Easiest way for me to upgrade was via browser pointed at kodi website. Google play is usually way behind on Kodi updates, but they do have 17 up now and I could have done it that way as well.

Also looks like some Devs have taken Genesis (original source of Exodus) and modded the base code into a few new Adds. Which is awesome considering the guy who created Exodus retired.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone knowledgeable about Kodi and CEC? I've got one really annoying problem, and another that would just be nice to solve.

1. I leave my RPi 3 turned on all the time because it's running pi-hole and various other things. For convenience I tend to just leave kodi-standalone running rather than quit out when I'm done watching. The downside is that when I wake up my PS4, it turns the TV on via CEC and switches the input to HDMI1, and before it finishes waking up Kodi steals the input back to HDMI3. This is really annoying as (afaik) there's no way to get the PS4 to send another CEC signal so I have to go digging for the TV remote to change it back, which defeats the purpose of having CEC. At least Kodi stops trying to grab the input after the first time.

2. Any way to just send a simple TV-off signal from Kodi? I like to use my K400 to do everything rather than mess with a remote.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone using any particular build? When I went to put Kodi on my new 4k Fire Stick I ended up putting Durex on it w/ the Ares Wizard and it runs like shit. Either need to blow it out and go w/ a simpler build or more likely just refresh it to vanilla and just install the couple of mods I'd use.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Seems many repos are getting hammered in the recent cease and desist wave. Covenant on life support going forward. No more updates so time to migrate once again.