Kuala Lumpur

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I might get to spend 6 months in Kuala Lumpur starting mid August, looking for general advice on the area and what to expect. Things/places to see/go to is also appreciated.

thanks!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dont go to the towel heads!!!
On a more serious note youll be visiting during rain season so expect your daily monsoon shower, and definatly visit the petronas towers, but be prepared to be checked for smuggling a parachute.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got here a few days ago, damn, it is hot. Where are the rains you are talking about? Doubt they would cool me off but just shower me down a bit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got here a few days ago, damn, it is hot. Where are the rains you are talking about? Doubt they would cool me off but just shower me down a bit.
When I went in Nov 2 years ago it rained like a MF almost every day, not sure if it starts in October but its coming.

Are you in Finance for APAC? Thats a long time to be there man.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Have fun - Spent a good deal of time there a few years ago. Great city, made better by the proximity to 2 absolutely world class islands (Tioman & Perhentian). Pulau Perhentian Besar is fucking outstanding but you'll need to fly to Kota Bharu (sp?) first and take a boat.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully I'll be able to make time for some long weekends. I here on a tech exchange program for the company I work for. Was supposed to be 6 months but could only do 3 months