Last Epoch

bolok

Trakanon Raider
ladder with non hacked characters, but ladder doesn't seem to be up at the moment. So other than server side characters and getting the tradeskill mats rolling into that account, not really?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Lol 15k in queue. Well, good for them I suppose, they’ve made a cool game.

The queue is a bug and not real, if you get this DC and reconnect until you get in. We've had no problems now t hat they've got it sorted other than that bug.

Hekotat

Update: We have mitigated the issues impacting our server capacity, which were preventing players from joining new servers. There are still login queues in some regions, but these queues are now being processed correctly and you should be able to allocate servers.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Multiplayer was smooth, but clicking the zone lines and getting through was a bit sluggish. I kinda liked the style of the old void creatures more. New stuff smells of tencent and "that style".

Solid game nonetheless.

Hekotat

Lightning Shaman is legit. Really having a good time and they kept their player count through the night which is impressive.

vivaldi_u7OxNulSj0.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Multiplayer was smooth, but clicking the zone lines and getting through was a bit sluggish. I kinda liked the style of the old void creatures more. New stuff smells of tencent and "that style".

Solid game nonetheless.
I disagree. The old mobs looked like shiny, lumpy blobs from a cheap asset store or something.

Played for a couple hours last night, the graphics updates were pretty nice. The bone golem is badass now. Sounds were better. Performance was fine for me. Good update.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I disagree. The old mobs looked like shiny, lumpy blobs from a cheap asset store or something.

Played for a couple hours last night, the graphics updates were pretty nice. The bone golem is badass now. Sounds were better. Performance was fine for me. Good update.

Ya they needed an upgrade but more in line with the original concept imo. Felt more "voidy" and less "purple monster".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone know how the game deals with people at different points in the story? Played to about level 35 or something with my friends and made a Lich, but I don't love it (this could be that I need to find a build for it, but I don't particularly like how it plays).

I want to make a new character, but I'm curious how that'll work if we're not on the exact same story quest.

Hekotat

Anyone know how the game deals with people at different points in the story? Played to about level 35 or something with my friends and made a Lich, but I don't love it (this could be that I need to find a build for it, but I don't particularly like how it plays).

I want to make a new character, but I'm curious how that'll work if we're not on the exact same story quest.

You can join at either level but it's best to go to the area with the lowest level quests and work your way up. I haven't tried to go the other way, you'll probably get clapped.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
This just showed up on best sellers in steam and I had seen the recent chatter here. I assumed it was a new game but looks like it was released in 2019? Is it just the new multiplayer feature that's drawing interest now?

I tried grim dawn a long time ago and refunded it, something didn't grab me.. maybe too complex. Lost Ark was kind of the same thing. I hate having 8 million options to spec my character. I don't really like putting a ton of thought and research into games, and would rather just log in and tear shit up. I liked diablo 2 quite a bit, diablo 3 was fine; nothing special but I at least got my money's worth.

Is this game something that's easy to get into at this point or am I just going to be overwhelmed with spec options and stuff?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This just showed up on best sellers in steam and I had seen the recent chatter here. I assumed it was a new game but looks like it was released in 2019? Is it just the new multiplayer feature that's drawing interest now?

I tried grim dawn a long time ago and refunded it, something didn't grab me.. maybe too complex. Lost Ark was kind of the same thing. I hate having 8 million options to spec my character. I don't really like putting a ton of thought and research into games, and would rather just log in and tear shit up. I liked diablo 2 quite a bit, diablo 3 was fine; nothing special but I at least got my money's worth.

Is this game something that's easy to get into at this point or am I just going to be overwhelmed with spec options and stuff?
It’s nothing crazy but it is deeper than grim Dawn. Each class has attributes you can put points into that modifies abilities, your health, mana, attack, resistances, your pet abilities, etc. each class also gets a bunch of skills to choose from, but you only use five at any given time so you only focus on those. However, each of those skills has its own skill tree within it, changing its behavior. It’s more complex than Grim Dawn in that way.

It does a decent job at balance though, so you don’t really feel too gimped if you just pick a path within a skill and go that way. Like “I want my golem pet to be a fire golem”, and you just pick points that lead towards becoming a fire golem:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nothing special is what you're going to get if you don't want any complexity in your character progression games.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hadn't played this game in a long while and got on last night with the new multi-player patch.

I already liked the game, but they did a great job on improving the graphics , sounds, performance...everything.

This was my favorite arpg prior to the update. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm excited at the progression they have made.

At the end of the day, it's a good time to be a fan of arpgs. Several potentially great games releasing around the same time frame will just push each other to improve over time.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
It’s nothing crazy but it is deeper than grim Dawn. Each class has attributes you can put points into that modifies abilities, your health, mana, attack, resistances, your pet abilities, etc. each class also gets a bunch of skills to choose from, but you only use five at any given time so you only focus on those. However, each of those skills has its own skill tree within it, changing its behavior. It’s more complex than Grim Dawn in that way.

It does a decent job at balance though, so you don’t really feel too gimped if you just pick a path within a skill and go that way. Like “I want my golem pet to be a fire golem”, and you just pick points that lead towards becoming a fire golem:

Still tempted to try it based on the hype. I think grim dawn's graphics just didn't grab me either. This one looks a little more vibrant. I'm clearly trying to talk myself into buying a game I have reservations about.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Have they posted any ETA on fixing the online bits? I haven't been able to connect even once since the patch yesterday

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Still tempted to try it based on the hype. I think grim dawn's graphics just didn't grab me either. This one looks a little more vibrant. I'm clearly trying to talk myself into buying a game I have reservations about.
It’s a good game, I think any arpg fan should give it a shot. The build aspect is pretty forgiving until the end game portion, you can get to the end with suboptimal builds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If u wanna scout ahead for the team without actually scouting ahead, check out shield charge from sentinel tree in multiplayer lol

If you activate it a second time it sets your "rubber band back" point without you actually traveling (?). Think I was able to pull some bad mobs with it safely.

On that note, watch the hell out using it lol.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a class with a build where I could run around with a fairly large aoe field that debuffs mobs and explodes the ones I kill? I remember in Wolcen I could have such a class, and it was super fun making huge chain reaction kills.