Last Epoch

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

What an absolutely terrible trade system. I have to earn levels to be able to sell higher tier items and even then each item can only be traded once before being marked un-tradeable? They have effectively told the player base that this game is not a trading game. Disappointing.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah there are a lot of really WEIRD decisions in that whole system. So much of it just sounds like having to jump through extra hoops just to have a very basic economy. The stated goal was not to split the playerbase, but it sounds like every item that drops is one faction or the other, so it is already completely split since you can't interact with items from the other faction unless you switch yourself, which means all the gear you are wearing suddenly becomes unequippable?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah there are a lot of really WEIRD decisions in that whole system. So much of it just sounds like having to jump through extra hoops just to have a very basic economy. The stated goal was not to split the playerbase, but it sounds like every item that drops is one faction or the other, so it is already completely split since you can't interact with items from the other faction unless you switch yourself, which means all the gear you are wearing suddenly becomes unequippable?
It doesn't split the trading playerbase though, one faction simply cannot trade at all but instead gets better droprate, which is basically SSF from PoE but with actual benefits for it. Anyone who wants to trade has to be in the trading faction, so there's effectively only one group of ppl for trading.

I think it's mostly fine although the trading faction probably could have some restrictions relaxed to be a little bit more open since that's the whole point, but personally since I don't really care about trading I'd just join the other faction and never have to worry about trading, while not being penalized for it as much due to having better droprate from the non trading faction(unlike poe where SSF is just worse and the game is balanced with trading in mind).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It doesn't split the trading playerbase though, one faction simply cannot trade at all but instead gets better droprate, which is basically SSF from PoE but with actual benefits for it. Anyone who wants to trade has to be in the trading faction, so there's effectively only one group of ppl for trading.

I think it's mostly fine although the trading faction probably could have some restrictions relaxed to be a little bit more open since that's the whole point, but personally since I don't really care about trading I'd just join the other faction and never have to worry about trading, while not being penalized for it as much due to having better droprate from the non trading faction(unlike poe where SSF is just worse and the game is balanced with trading in mind).

Yeah, I will probably just join the trade faction.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think the faction thing sounds interesting. I’ll probably have one of each and see which I like better. I like that there’s an option.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think the faction thing sounds interesting. I’ll probably have one of each and see which I like better. I like that there’s an option.

Yeah, at least they are thinking outside the box on trading in an ARPG. It does sound interesting at the least. Whether it works or not, who knows.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, at least they are thinking outside the box on trading in an ARPG. It does sound interesting at the least. Whether it works or not, who knows.
Yep, and I’ve felt that way about a couple of their systems before I tried them, like crafting, the end game dungeons, forget what else. I’ve always ended up liking their final iteration. Crafting started out interesting but had some issues, they addressed the issues I had and I think it works great now.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My biggest issue with this (and Diablo IV) is that they are trying to restrict trading because they think they know better than the most successful ARPG on the market that has trading. Say what you want about POE, the one thing it has proved is that making everything tradeable and getting rid of forced unit of exchange makes the experience better. Shit, LE has great crafting; why are the crafting components not the standard unit of exchange? Why does the concept of gold even exist in these games anymore when it is proven that the most useful sink is crafting and the components used in crafting? It seems clear that the LE developers' idea of fun is single player find your own loot with no trade, but they also understand that coming out without trade would sink their game.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I think this is a fair compromise, at least as far as the faction splitting. I always play ssf and have no interest in spending my gaming time trading. If other people enjoy that, more power to them but I get why the drop rates would need to be differentiated in the interest of providing a comparable progression experience.

Single trade only items may be micromanaging too far. We'll see.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My biggest issue with this (and Diablo IV) is that they are trying to restrict trading because they think they know better than the most successful ARPG on the market that has trading. Say what you want about POE, the one thing it has proved is that making everything tradeable and getting rid of forced unit of exchange makes the experience better. Shit, LE has great crafting; why are the crafting components not the standard unit of exchange? Why does the concept of gold even exist in these games anymore when it is proven that the most useful sink is crafting and the components used in crafting? It seems clear that the LE developers' idea of fun is single player find your own loot with no trade, but they also understand that coming out without trade would sink their game.
Do you still have to use a third party website for trading in POE? Because I always thought that was complete dog shit.

As far as gold going away to be replaced by multiple currencies, no thanks. I’d rather have one infinitely stackable currency that can be used for multiple different things than needing a different currency for each activity plus not be infinitely stackable plus taking up bank space. I fucking hated that experience personally, i disagree it made anything better.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
GGG owns the trading website in PoE, it's no longer third-party. That said, you will never get away from third-party tools in that game. The developers have embraced it, it's part of the game. To a certain degree, it's part of the appeal.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Either make it a trade enabled game or don't. How much development time was wasted on this ridiculous Rube Goldberg Machine?

This is one of the worst ideas I could imagine in an ARPG as well. ARPGs are all about huge amounts of choice and itemization. Yet developers of ARPGs... over and over again... decide to handcuff players by making it painful to actually experiment.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Isn't this just regular vs SSF only you actually get benefits with SSF?

Khane

Nice benefits for SSF. Huge detriments for actual "trade" league.

I can't believe they introduced chores to the trading process. That's next level lol.

Also, it seems like its actually not either, since you can switch back and forth at will.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nice benefits for SSF. Huge detriments for actual "trade" league.

I can't believe they introduced chores to the trading process. That's next level lol.

I don't know if it would be an issue but sounds like it might curb some amount of gold farmer or botting action IDK.

Khane

I don't know if it would be an issue but sounds like it might curb some amount of gold farmer or botting action IDK.

Not sure it does anything to hinder botting. The only benefit I can see is it stopping flippers. But at a major cost.

Consider wanting to try an idea you had for a build, and there's a fairly expensive item you think would enable it. Do you buy it and hope it works knowing you can't re-trade it? Or do you just wait for someone to relaase a video on it to verify, and then pay 10x for it after the fact?

Or playing through the game and ignoring trade until max level and you need some higher level upgrades. You now have to spend time trying to sell lower level stuff to rank up within the merchants guild before you can progress your gear through trading?

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Khane so mad, lipstick Kurt Russell really sells it.

Yeah, but he is spot on. They are giving huge buffs to self found characters while actively making trading a chore. I am all for them deciding their game is a non-trading game but they are trying to skirt around the issue so as not to lose a huge chuck of their players. Newsflash: their gimped trading is going to lose them all of those players anyways. I bought the game in early access because they promised trading in the game and now, I wish I would have waited because I would not have purchased it with this type of trade system. I think there are going to be a ton of people who play solo self found in POE that are going to absolutely love the new system and I am happy for them. But don't try and defend a game you like when the people who are fans of a certain system are telling you that this game's system is shit and will push those players away.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Weird, I've basically never traded in an ARPG ever.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users