Last Epoch

Caliane

Probably a falconer.

I prefer playing female spellcasters in games. but dont like necromancers. both the necromaner and lich are basically necromancers. .pet or spellcaster variant. and the lich just isn't very fun to play imho. my current highest is a lich acolyte. I'll have to look into the warlock, see how it handles.
I like druids, but don't want to play the dude.

the rogue. Much smoother gameplay then the sorcerer or acolyte. my first char back when it first released into EA was a sorc.
My highest char was a bladedancer that got deleted in the reset. smooth to play, and a bit OP. shadow cascade is nuts. lethal mirage is also super good, but not quite as op. lethal mirage is flickerstrike, but with a big cooldown. one of the thing the rogue does is Synergies in skills. like smoke bomb procing shadow cascade and decoy explosion.

started a marksman, but never took it to the end.

Falconer for pets. looking at the skills I see a number of things that look interesting.
spear rogue, throwing rogue. nice.
Synergies.
dive bomb becoming a traversal skill with a spear sounds neat. dive+smokebomb duration..
or, throwing divebomb/falconer for feathrknives and feather fall.
aerial assault also has movement baked in, but doesnt' count as traversal. umbral blade and shadow synergy in this one. caltrops.
net has caltrops. general passive has caltrops.

looking at the warlock, on the surface it just looks like lich 2.0. almost no real difference... although, that chains of ruin passive tree does look interesting. might be a powerful autobomber in there.
fissure can synergies with damned, or chaos bolts.
ghost flame, damned/ignite as well.
soul feasts on paper just seems like a ward version of lich spells. apply curses, then cast this shitty small aoe spell to heal, only works on cursed enemies
profane veil seems neat. (I wonder if the traversal skill+profane orb version spams out orbs like crazy)
chaos bolts on paper just seems like a copy of hungering souls.. just syneries with reapplying dubuffs, giving minions debuffs, and extra synergy with fissure.
a few rip blood synergies.

Edit: loading up, it looks like I outright stopped that "marksman" before I even unlocked it. shes still a basic rogue. so, can go right into falconer.
edit edit: although It occurs to me they are doing leagues, so would be starting new for that anyway.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what class is everyone thinking? I'm leaning towards one of the new ones to start, probably warlock.
Barring any massive unexpected changes in the 1.0 patch notes, Falconer.

Shadow daggers bladedancer was already one of the best starter and endgame builds and I've been seeing people talk about converting it over to falconer to make it even better and faster.

Handy spreadsheet from the guy who made that falconer video I posted a couple days ago:

Definitely going to use that campaign skip to avoid having to slog through it all again, and his loot filter should be really useful too (especially setting it up so that good idols for all builds are highlighted, since idols are often the biggest pain in the ass to find out of all the gear slots when you're making a new alt). There's a tier list for various builds as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Super excited for this. I'm such a sucker for lightning effects/abilities. I definitely plan on going Shaman.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Super excited for this. I'm such a sucker for lightning effects/abilities. I definitely plan on going Shaman.

Shaman was really fun before I bet it's going to be a blast now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Almost done with Granblue Relink so started looking into this to hold me until Dragon's Dogma II, bought it a while back but never played since I usually don't like early access so looking forward to it. Checked a beginner video, some of the systems in this are really cool(the item filter being fully integrated and actually very customizable is pretty impressive for example).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The item filter is far and away the best item filter I’ve ever seen in a game.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's impossible for the item filter to not be the best because they did the right thing with itemization. They copied Grim Dawn, made everything drop "identified" and then expanded on Grim Dawn's built in filter to make it even more customizable.

This game will always have the best item filter because there is no "unidentified" nonsense, until other ARPG makers catch on and realize identifying items is really fucking annoying.

It's A++++ and one of the best features of the game

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah but as you pointed out Grim Dawn has a very rudimentary item filter, it's sufficient but it's pretty basic, it's surprising they went the extra mile and added a fully customizable item filter that works very similar to how PoE filters work, but without needing a 3rd party website/program to make the files readable easily.

Overall looked really neat, some other aspects that were nice were the amount of stash tabs you can buy ingame which means you don't need a 3rd party save manager type utility like in Grim Dawn or just getting fucked in the ass like D4 or having to pay for more like in PoE(granted PoE is free so it evens out, 30$ worth of tabs will get the job done for the most part but still isn't as good as this).

The crafting also looks really nice, lots of things to increase and craft crazy items, but less shitty than PoE RNG and currency heavy systems.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does this game have a Bazaar like feature where items can be bought and sold?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah but as you pointed out Grim Dawn has a very rudimentary item filter, it's sufficient but it's pretty basic, it's surprising they went the extra mile and added a fully customizable item filter that works very similar to how PoE filters work, but without needing a 3rd party website/program to make the files readable easily.

Overall looked really neat, some other aspects that were nice were the amount of stash tabs you can buy ingame which means you don't need a 3rd party save manager type utility like in Grim Dawn or just getting fucked in the ass like D4 or having to pay for more like in PoE(granted PoE is free so it evens out, 30$ worth of tabs will get the job done for the most part but still isn't as good as this).

The crafting also looks really nice, lots of things to increase and craft crazy items, but less shitty than PoE RNG and currency heavy systems.

I have a sneaking suspicion people will still whine constantly

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does this game have a Bazaar like feature where items can be bought and sold?
It has a weird trading system, you can check their news post from january or so(think it was linked here last page or the one before that). Basically you have a self found faction and a trading faction, self found can't trade but gets bonus to drops and what not, while trading can trade obviously, but there's some restrictions. If you're in the trading faction you can get a special currency to buy and sell items, uses a standard AH type UI with search function and all that, items can only be sold once though so no price fixing/flipping and you need to progress with the faction to buy higher tier items(they made it so you can sell any tier though regardless, as well as made it so selling uses a lot less currency so ppl are encouraged to sell more stuff).

You can switch factions, but gear acquired via a faction mechanic cannot be used for the other faction(can't farm self found super gear then dump it on the AH and can't buy uber gear then switch to self found for farming with that gear) and the exact conditions for switching weren't fully revealed I think.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It has a weird trading system, you can check their news post from january or so(think it was linked here last page or the one before that). Basically you have a self found faction and a trading faction, self found can't trade but gets bonus to drops and what not, while trading can trade obviously, but there's some restrictions. If you're in the trading faction you can get a special currency to buy and sell items, uses a standard AH type UI with search function and all that, items can only be sold once though so no price fixing/flipping and you need to progress with the faction to buy higher tier items(they made it so you can sell any tier though regardless, as well as made it so selling uses a lot less currency so ppl are encouraged to sell more stuff).

You can switch factions, but gear acquired via a faction mechanic cannot be used for the other faction(can't farm self found super gear then dump it on the AH and can't buy uber gear then switch to self found for farming with that gear) and the exact conditions for switching weren't fully revealed I think.
Good summary. The currency for the trading faction is just gold. Here's the long version.

edit: You're right, there is a separate special currency called Favor that is needed to interact with both item factions.

BUYING ITEMS

To buy items through the Merchant’s Guild, you’ll need to start by visiting the Bazaar just north of Maj’Elka in the Divine Era after joining the Merchant’s Guild. Upon arrival, you will see numerous stalls marked on the map with an icon representing what type of item you can find at that stall.

Speaking to the Stall Vendor will open the Bazaar search window. This will list all items currently for sale from Players all across the world who are participating in the same game mode, such as “Hardcore Cycle.” We wanted to ensure there was no obfuscation and unnecessary limitations with searching the Bazaar, so you will find a robust suite of search tools to help you refine your search for precisely the type of items you want to find.

We also want to make sure there’s no guesswork with what you’re buying, so we’ve tried to make the UI for each item clearly display all the important item information, including all implicits, affixes, Forging Potential, Legendary Potential, Equip Requirements, and anything else you could want to know about the item. With the Bazaar, we wanted to make sure players have all the power they need to find what they’re looking for, so you’ll find options here you won’t find in the Loot Filter, such as refining your search by amount of Forging Potential, or Weaver’s Will value. We’ve also updated our Affix list to only show affixes applicable to the item, and we’ll be rolling out this change to Loot Filters as well making finding the right affixes even easier.

Once you find the item you want, you’ll first need to make sure you have what you need to purchase the item, including Faction Rank, Favor Cost, and the amount of Gold the seller is asking for. So long as you meet these requirements, simply hover the item, Select “Buy” and you’ll get a final confirmation to purchase the item. Once you confirm the purchase, the item will instantly appear in your inventory, or Gift Inventory if full, ready to equip!

SELLING ITEMS

To sell items through the Merchant’s Guild, you’ll want to start by visiting your personal stall. This can be accessed through any vendor in the Bazaar north of Maj’Elka in the Divine Era and selecting “My Stall” on the right side of the window, or by speaking to Kubra and selecting “Open my Stall”.

With your stall open, you’ll be able to view all of your currently listed items, as well as previous sales you’ve made. To list a new item select “List an Item” on the right hand of the window, which will open a small window to insert an item to sell, as well as your inventory to pull items from. To list any item, you will first need to meet the Rank requirement for that item.

Upon placing an item into the window, the Merchant’s Guild will automatically assign a Favor cost to list the item based on the item quality, list the required rank, and provide you an input box to enter your asking price for the item. The Merchant’s Guild doesn’t take a cut of any profits, so the Asking Price is what another player will need to pay to buy the item, and you will get the full asking price upon sale.

When viewing your Stall, you can also un-list any item by hovering over it, and selecting “unlist”. It’s also worth clarifying while our previous overview of the Merchant’s Guild mentioned a limit to how many items you can list at a time based on your rank, that restriction has now been removed.

Once an item has successfully sold, you can visit your stall in the Bazaar at any time to redeem the gold from the sale.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Caliane

Interesting looking build in Marksman/falconer.

So, Marksman mastery gives you detonating arrow, a lighting arrow skill.
5 points in Falconer gives you explosive trap. one of the passive directions for explosive trap, makes it attack with Detonating arrow, converts traps to lit damage, and spawns spark charges.
so, its an intentional cross mastery synergy.

also, apparently the Campaign is not being finished for 1.0.... uh.. ok. not sure how THAT works.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started up the game since I'm done with Granblue, few things that bother me right off the bat I gotta say, Online mode has laggy loadings(like 5-6seconds delay before it goes into a loading screen) that's pretty poor performance when playing "offline" removes that entirely but surely it shouldn't take that long for the game to communicate with the server to say "yo I'm moving to another zone". Characters require unique names, but you can't use spaces. I get that for ladderboard stuff it's easier for them to have not too many special characters in the data table but it is 2024 surely spaces could be recognized properly. If I'm gonna need unique character names for every char I wish it worked like that(and yes PoE is the same horseshit, and every other mmos, fucking clown shit). That or let me use dupe names offline.

Anyway for now just fucking around but seems like there's no real point in playing online so might just make my char offline since I wasn't planning on using the market anyway, seems it removes a lot of the hassle. From what I read you still need to be able to connect to the servers(which I'm sure are totally not gonna be a shitfest at launch) but it removes a bunch of issues with loading between areas and movement skills. Can't use MTX but looking at what's available they looked pretty fucking ugly anyway so not a big loss there and I guess if it's not verified you could just mod the game offline anyway so your peasant armor can look like a MTX.

Edit: Oh also the game doesn't save quest progress properly if you go back to town? Like earlier when I checked quickly I logged out after getting to town cause I had to reset some graphics shit, then when I relogged in I was at the start of the first area instead of in town and had to run it again. Right now I portalled out after killing the Osprix miniboss thing after reaching the old man cause I was full, portal back in and quest progress is back to redoing the event, which I did and got loot again(another unique and shit). Weird as fuck that it wouldn't save properly.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're going to play solo and join CoF anyway, there's zero reason to ever play an online character. The servers have sucked since the day online mode was added and load times and being able to use movement skills in town are enough reasons for me to avoid online forever. I haven't seen anything to indicate that LE "Cycles" will have features locked behind online play either.

And last I heard the auth check is supposed to be removed from offline in 1.0, so you should be able to avoid the inevitable server meltdown that way too.

I'm A-Ok with a shorter campaign
Same, learning you can skip a big chunk of the campaign by doing dungeons early was the best news I had since revisiting the game in prep for 1.0. I did a test run of a shadow dagger bladedancer to make sure it was what I wanted to play at release (except the superior falconer version instead) and it really does only take like 2-3 hours even when you haven't done it before. Basically you only talk to certain NPCs when it's mandatory for progress and everything else just auto-completes as you enter a new area without having spoken to anyone else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like