Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really dislike what this game calls "respec"..its the worst respec system I've encountered. To take a point in your Skill tree(s) from 1 skill to another requires that you give up that 1 skill point and then re lvl the skill to gain a new point to place it where you wanted. That system seems so stupid, I am almost sure I'm misunderstanding how it works.

I've been playing a Warpath Paladin with Smite a s proc on hits, pretty fun. Yet, its the Judgement skill that is the most fun to use, but seems to have a big flaw in its skill try, at least imo. The skill has a direct hit (Judgement) and a lingering AoE (Consecrated Ground). So now to try out different combinations of perks in that tree, I have to take points out of various perks, then re lvl the skill via grinding to those back and free to use, not horrible, but I'd prefer just freely move points however I want.
It’s not that bad. It’s free, and the respec caps how low it goes, so you don’t have to fully deleved a skill, it just loses some points. It also re-levels fairly quickly. I like that I don’t need an item to do it, visit a vendor to do it, etc. I can just respec to a new skill and a half hour or so later I’m back to where I was with the previous skill.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok. Hit level 90 monoliths. Maxxed resists and still getting one shot on aoe!
Not sure what your crit avoidance is but when I was playing that was a huge stat for survivability when I was playing. Probably the #1

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok. Hit level 90 monoliths. Maxxed resists and still getting one shot on aoe!
Max resists is just the first layer, ensure you

1) Have max crit avoidance, anything < 100% you are wrong
2) Ensure you have "Apply Fraility" into your build, 18% reduced damage is no joke
3) Sacrifice what you have to to ensure % HP, flat HP and most importantly (and rare) Hybrid HP on most gear suffixes that allow. Boots/Gloves/Belt all can get Hybrid Health
4) Get close to 60% endurance as possible. Many builds don't allow you to really push to high on end threshhold but endurance is pretty easy to get to 60% cap
5) Armor matters alot but has dimishing returns (and doesn't apply to DoT) so definitely grab where you can.
6) Depending on your build/class try and utilize any passives/skil nodes/gear that reduces damage by a % (titan heart is awesome for 2H builds as example)

Most of us are wired the same way and want to focus everything on damage but LE requires the vast majority of builds to have to have layered defense to push towards true high end content. Due to layed mechanics in the game just "dps before it kills you" isn't a viable strategy as there is so many damage sources flying around.

Also note some damage isn't meant to be tanked by 95% of players/builds, alot of boss damage is telegraphed and you are expected to dodge. They did a good job I think making it so "most" builds can't just face tank everything. Part of the game is understanding what you need to dodge and what you can face tank and leech/heal back

Be very careful on your build/gear to trade off anything that is do X more damage but receive Y more damage etc, seldomly is that a good trade off later on. They buffed Dual Wield so its only 9% damage added now but you definitely need some other defensive layers to help off set it in some cases.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this really solid yet? Or still rough enough around the edges that it's best to wait a bit?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You should probably just say fuck it and consider paying double the price of this one. Diablo 4 has much better voice acting.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Is this really solid yet? Or still rough enough around the edges that it's best to wait a bit?
every patch brings improvements. but the game is still pretty rough imho.

35$ price tag? eh. about so. If you really are hesitant, keep waiting for all the classes to be complete I suppose.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most people take the extreme approach one way or the other. Some people feel that you cant like multiple games in the same genre for some reason. or that one has to be a clear cut winner and the other games are trash.

You could purchase this game and get from level 1 to the end game without experiencing any issues at all.

If you are a fan of ARPGs, this is a very solid title to pick up. If you dont like ARPGs or any of the Diablo like titles, this probably wouldnt move the needle for you, as they all inherently are the same thing.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Most people take the extreme approach one way or the other. Some people feel that you cant like multiple games in the same genre for some reason. or that one has to be a clear cut winner and the other games are trash.

You could purchase this game and get from level 1 to the end game without experiencing any issues at all.

If you are a fan of ARPGs, this is a very solid title to pick up. If you dont like ARPGs or any of the Diablo like titles, this probably wouldnt move the needle for you, as they all inherently are the same thing.
I love ARPGs, but I'm just leery of "early access" titles. I'll probably wait until this "releases", since it seems like it still has a few rough spots and I'd rather not allow that to influence my thoughts on the game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like it’s solid enough, especially for $35. I am a person who leans towards trying lots of classes and lots of builds instead of grinding end game though. I did grind the end game on a couple characters last summer, the endless endgame isn’t as varied as POE maps yet but it’s not bad. They’ve added two end game dungeons since I was playing it a lot too.

So, I was happy enough a year ago, and it’s had a lot of progress since then. I definitely got my moneys worth already, 146 hours played so far.

I would add that if you don’t like big changes in games I’d just wait, there’s sure to be at least one more large game changing patch before release.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like it’s solid enough, especially for $35. I am a person who leans towards trying lots of classes and lots of builds instead of grinding end game though. I did grind the end game on a couple characters last summer, the endless endgame isn’t as varied as POE maps yet but it’s not bad. They’ve added two end game dungeons since I was playing it a lot too.

So, I was happy enough a year ago, and it’s had a lot of progress since then. I definitely got my moneys worth already, 146 hours played so far.

I would add that if you don’t like big changes in games I’d just wait, there’s sure to be at least one more large game changing patch before release.
Which class / builds did you end up liking the most? I pushed rogue marksman / vk autobomber to 100 and currently have a 96 paladin hammer smite build rolling....like all 3 for various reasons.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Which class / builds did you end up liking the most? I pushed rogue marksman / vk autobomber to 100 and currently have a 96 paladin hammer smite build rolling....like all 3 for various reasons.
I found a few I liked. A 92 blade master and 87 Druid were my highest.

The bladedancer was an umbral blades build. I’d throw a blade and it would stop and rotate and AE everything the touched it, I could throw three of those out then recall them. Also had a bunch of dash and shadow abilities with it. I like it because it was fast and dodgy and sticking blades right on someone was pretty satisfying.

The Druid was a werebear, it was built so it never ran out of whatever it was that the werebear form consumed. I’d charge and do massive leap attacks. That one was a blast cause it was like playing as Incredible Hulk.

Other ones I got around 70 was a necro pet build with exploding zombies, was fun just pet swarming shit. An elemental bow mage build that was fun for being ranged. A primalist raptor build that was fun because it felt like an EQ early beastlord. I had the autobomber void knight too but it was starting to be boring being so hands off. I was in the middle of leveling up some kind of elemental AE mage when I last played, only got that into the 30s.

And that summary of classes shows why I enjoy the game. All those builds played quite a bit different from each other and all felt decently balanced compared to each other. The primalist felt about the weakest in terms of clear speed but the survivability on it was good and made up for it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Started working on a Flame Reave/Ward Spellblade build. Really good time.

• 1Like

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently got back at playing this (after a year break i guess ). I like the game quite a bit. Not as compled as poe but deeper than d3, with quite a bit of variability. Classes are well thought out, abilities are satisfying and playstile also changes based on the class. Wanna try rog and sorc next, and maybe manifest armor claass (forgot the name).

I played local most of the time, tried the online version a week ago, and evend if my netwrok was completely fine i kept rubberbanding like i was heavily lagging badly, not sure what was going on there. So far got a year old VK autobomber (95), guess the build is not as good nowadays?, a lvl 88ish lich, and i recently raised a golem necro (class feel op as fuck) and a cold dot bear (fun but feel waay weaker compared to the golem necro).

Also couple of day ago i experienced quite a nasty bug where i lost 5h of progress for w/e reason, i stopped the game session, the next loging the characted was rolled back.

Hekotat

I recently got back at playing this (after a year break i guess ). I like the game quite a bit. Not as compled as poe but deeper than d3, with quite a bit of variability. Classes are well thought out, abilities are satisfying and playstile also changes based on the class. Wanna try rog and sorc next, and maybe manifest armor claass (forgot the name).

I played local most of the time, tried the online version a week ago, and evend if my netwrok was completely fine i kept rubberbanding like i was heavily lagging badly, not sure what was going on there. So far got a year old VK autobomber (95), guess the build is not as good nowadays?, a lvl 88ish lich, and i recently raised a golem necro (class feel op as fuck) and a cold dot bear (fun but feel waay weaker compared to the golem necro).

Also couple of day ago i experienced quite a nasty bug where i lost 5h of progress for w/e reason, i stopped the game session, the next loging the characted was rolled back.

They have a bug in Offline currently that can wipe all progress. Luckily it only occurs in offline mode but something to be wary of.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Started a frost sorcerer. Jezuz this shit is too easy compared to the void knight. Glacier is just silly.

Hekotat

Sorc definitely feels better than it did in the previous patch.

Running Humming Bee + Flame Reeve + Ward build. Can't wait to unlock the last skill (I forget the name). Should make it even more fun.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a better item database site to look for items than this place:

Last Epoch Item Database

I was looking up Staves and they didn't have a complete list of Uniques, as I have 2 in my stash that are not shown on the their list.