Last Epoch

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I ended up with over 500 hr played and multiple level 100s during the Covid shutdown when I was knocked out of work.

Haven't messed with it much in the past few years, so really excited to see all the updates and progress.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds immersive

Aazrael Aazrael - I am homebrewing a sorc for first play thru SC (all ubers, everything). HC forever after that.
I will never understand you Hardcore peoples. I would get so f'ing mad if I died. And I die a lot.

And LOL at your signature being on my Ignore.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That lastepochtools.com is basically getting ddos'd due to immense amounts of traffic....

Don't think going HC out of the gate is gonna be wise. They may need a bigger boat.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think this will blow up this week ala Palworld and HD2. Hopefully can play offline with little issues

Vorph

Offline shouldn't have any issues at all. Without the auth check being there anymore you can play the game even if the servers burn to the ground.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the new full offline looks great if you don't plan on partying/using the market faction, which is likely what I'm gonna be doing. SSF faction, full offline, no technical issues(unless that version has weird bugs), no lag when loading into new areas, easy enough.

Cleaned out my stashes(I had been throwing random shit in there a lot, ended up vendoring like 3/4 of it) and made some tabs and shit for prep. Apparently even though the game went on maintenance if you were logged in as an offline char you can play until you crash/relog, I'm still ingame to test some things out if I need.

Thinking of making a Falconer or a Beastmaster so far, still need to look into it some more. Maybe Warlock too unsure.

• 2Like

Vorph

Cleaned out my stashes(I had been throwing random shit in there a lot, ended up vendoring like 3/4 of it) and made some tabs and shit for prep.
Isn't everything you currently have going to become "legacy" and any characters you create for 1.0 will be part of the new cycle? I assumed the stash would be completely empty when I start up my falconer tomorrow.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Isn't everything you currently have going to become "legacy" and any characters you create for 1.0 will be part of the new cycle? I assumed the stash would be completely empty when I start up my falconer tomorrow.
Well if you make cycle chars sure, I don't really see any reason to though, so I'll just be playing legacy, there's no exclusive thing to cycle content and since I'm playing offline it's not like being on cycle is helpful for partying with ppl/using the market. Also technically for me cycle or legacy are very similar in terms of what I have since I only played one char for one campaign run, it's not like I have years of currency saved up, so doing a fresh start serves no purpose.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wonder if you can move your offline chars to online at some point, offline seems the way to go until a few weeks after launch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first "cycle" won't matter unless you actually care about leaderboards. The trading system is laughably bad and the SSF faction should get fairly noticeable drop rate increases. Offline for me for sure this go round

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I doubt you can ever migrate offline to online. Watched an interview with the Dev guy with the beard and he said they were expecting people to mod and cheat a lot in offline but did not care about it really. He just suggested people should try playing without cheating first so not to get bored as fast.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I played this last, about a year ago? I dont think I died once on my 2 characters going through the campaign. I think my first deaths were in the end game when I bit off a bit too much that I could chew. So yeah cheating? I mean for what? The game is easy as it is already.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
When I played this last, about a year ago? I dont think I died once on my 2 characters going through the campaign. I think my first deaths were in the end game when I bit off a bit too much that I could chew. So yeah cheating? I mean for what? The game is easy as it is already.

"Cheating" usually refers to mods and "hacks" that are really nothing more than QoL features.

In Grim Dawn I "cheat" by increasing game world speed so it plays just a bit faster (Grim Dawn is a very slow game), using an Item Assistant that stores all my gear in a searchable database without a stash space limit, and adding some healthbar options that don't exist in the base game to make certain things more identifiable.

I don't think most people actually cheat in offline modes by God moding or item spawning unless they are trying to test build ideas. Having an offline mode you can do just that in though is pretty awesome and about 1000x more useful for players trying to come up with new builds than something like path of building

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if you can move your offline chars to online at some point, offline seems the way to go until a few weeks after launch.
I seriously doubt it. That would be the dumbest idea and fastest way to ruin the game. Use a character editor to create perfect rolled items offline and bring it online. No thanks.

• 2Like

Vorph

Just about everything is supposed to be harder in 1.0. Mob density is higher, things hit harder and/or have more hp, corruption at 200 is said to be on par with what 600 was in 0.9 (and you're still basically required to do 200+ if you want any hope of getting good drops with LP), T1 bosses are easier now but T3+ got buffed significantly, etc.

Well if you make cycle chars sure, I don't really see any reason to though, so I'll just be playing legacy, there's no exclusive thing to cycle content and since I'm playing offline it's not like being on cycle is helpful for partying with ppl/using the market. Also technically for me cycle or legacy are very similar in terms of what I have since I only played one char for one campaign run, it's not like I have years of currency saved up, so doing a fresh start serves no purpose.
I guess that is a bit tempting. I don't really have anything too terribly rare or special in my offline stash, but I guess even just having a bunch of keys would make the leveling process a lot smoother. In my testing of the campaign skip over the weekend I was well past 55 and had still not seen a single sanctum key. Just feels wrong not to do a completely fresh start for 1.0 though.

Last edited:

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this game worth picking up? Release date is tomorrow right?

I still have PTSD from Diablo 4.

• 1Seriously?