Last Epoch

Caliane

if you are getting the le-61. try exiting to char select and loading back in. that seemed to work for me.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I agree, but FYI EHG is partially owned by Tencent, who invested specifically to help them with hardware and infrastructure.
Sometimes no matter how big the company, the software and hardware, each and every component , up/down and front to back, has to be able/architected to be able to scale to the demand, otherwise all the money in the world won't make it work. I was at HP when the Powers that Be decided that they were going to drop their attempt to match Apple's Ipad, the Touchpad, which wasn't a great product but it wasn't horrible, and firesaled them at $100 a pop. Despite being one of the largest e-commerce companies, with the largest implementation of SAP in the world, our web servers melted under the demand and effectively stayed down for like 4 days IIRC. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't make those servers sell anything under that load.

I don't get how they didn't prep with one of the big suppliers but the fact that its Tencent may be more the cause than the solution, if you know what I mean. I mean, though, didn't even Amazon Games have issues with New World when it launched? At least this has an offline mode but I agree that its still surprising that more people aren't modeling/anticipating these kinds of big loads in 2024, which the resources in Cloud/DCs that we have available to us.

It's not like SWTOR, WoW, or EQ launches back in the day with physical servers and T3 lines for bandwidth.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shameless plug for a referral: “HoppyMushmellow”

anyway, started playing after work. Huge lag and trouble getting between zones. Tried the rogue dude this time to go archer, what’s up with all the attacks being 0 mana? does That change?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Shameless plug for a referral: “HoppyMushmellow”

anyway, started playing after work. Huge lag and trouble getting between zones. Tried the rogue dude this time to go archer, what’s up with all the attacks being 0 mana? does That change?
I got you for that referral.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be able to hit empowered monos soon! Really like the upgrades to the game so far.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got my wolf beastmaster to the end of the campaign, overall quite like the class, it started pretty fucking weak but once you start getting some skills going it feels quite strong, I facetanked pretty much everything from like lvl 35 and on and around 40-45 I started killing bosses in seconds too. The early game is just kinda sketch cause it's a melee class and the pets don't really do big dmg for a while while you also don't really do big dmg yourself until all the things are in place, but the double scaling stuff makes it ramp up quite hard.

Tempted to check out another class before I start monos though, the fact they're not account wide means I kinda need to make sure I'm playing something neat to commit to it for longer.

Overall campaign is a bit better, some additions make it more challenging, the graphical changes make some zones a lot better, the videos they added while not super high quality do a better job than some of the text spam they had before. Sadly they haven't fixed chapter IV bugging out if you skip the fight in the village so I'm stuck with a permanent chapter IV objective(and unlike sidequests which you can now unpin, can't unpin story quests it looks like).

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I was able to get to level 8 but now the 'connecting' monster is destroying me.

and of course can't play Helldivers either. God damn our new AI overlords can't take over fast enough.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got my wolf beastmaster to the end of the campaign, overall quite like the class, it started pretty fucking weak but once you start getting some skills going it feels quite strong, I facetanked pretty much everything from like lvl 35 and on and around 40-45 I started killing bosses in seconds too. The early game is just kinda sketch cause it's a melee class and the pets don't really do big dmg for a while while you also don't really do big dmg yourself until all the things are in place, but the double scaling stuff makes it ramp up quite hard.

Tempted to check out another class before I start monos though, the fact they're not account wide means I kinda need to make sure I'm playing something neat to commit to it for longer.

Overall campaign is a bit better, some additions make it more challenging, the graphical changes make some zones a lot better, the videos they added while not super high quality do a better job than some of the text spam they had before. Sadly they haven't fixed chapter IV bugging out if you skip the fight in the village so I'm stuck with a permanent chapter IV objective(and unlike sidequests which you can now unpin, can't unpin story quests it looks like).

Beastmaster with a Squirrels endgame seems to be very strong.

• 1Dislike

Caliane

first experience with falconer is pretty incredible.
if its not clear, "falconry" summons the falcon first. which just then flys around at high speeds doing melee attacks.
so half the nodes in "falconry" just buff the falcon all the time. which applies to all the other falcon skills as well, as its basic attacks.
Then falconry also enables "falcon strikes" with a 10s cd or so? which is basically lethal mirage.
all the global falcon damage multipliers are no brainers. journy, is it a bird, agile prey.
Some throwing synergy with acid flask and feather knives nodes possibly.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hadn’t played since the first dungeon patched in. And then I played a max level that was sorta trash character.

The game has had significant improvements to feel and graphics. Even the blood is better. Definitely feels closer to a darker vibe.

Anyway, I have no idea why bird men are wanting non-bird men dead. One day I won’t skip the dialogue.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyway, I have no idea why bird men are wanting non-bird men dead. One day I won’t skip the dialogue.
Rare is the game that seamlessly interleaves narrative and gameplay. I've yet to understand why GGG expends resources explaining why the player is a murder hobo. I also suspect it's why the lead writer left a few years back.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Warlock and Chaos Bolts are a really good time.
I started a warlock now, got to 35, it's really strong although up to that point it was very glass cannonish but finally starting to get some defenses in there.

Doing the chtonic gate autocast stuff, cast the gate, it casts chaos bolts, the chaos bolts cast curse/blood rip, add plague spirit and you get big pops of everything on the screen at once it's pretty hilarious, and all the blood rips heal you a ton just need to not die inbetween but now that I can spec into blood rip for ward+ward on hit+warlock defensive passives, starting to be floating on like double hp with wards so can take hits no problem. Damage is hilariously high and unlike beastmaster it was absurd even at low lvl(basically as soon as you can spec into blood rip at 4 for spell damage+wandering spirits for clear), main "issue" I have is I'm killing stuff as I run so I haven't seen that much loot cause I'm already offscreen when a lot of stuff dies.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I hadn’t played since the first dungeon patched in. And then I played a max level that was sorta trash character.

The game has had significant improvements to feel and graphics. Even the blood is better. Definitely feels closer to a darker vibe.

Much like our world, Different Gods.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Beastmaster with a Squirrels endgame seems to be very strong.
It is very strong but it relies on farming a rare unique to make the squirrel pets. I did a lot of targeted farming for that helm and never got it, in pre-1.0.

• 2Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m having trouble understanding some stats. I know for example with ”chance to apply xxxxx” if you go over 100% it means you have a chance to apply 2 stacks, like poison. It would mean 2 stacks per hit instead of one.

but what about critical chance? I have something like 237% and wondering if I should regear To lower that.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beastmaster zoo mode anything is insane. I tried crows, wolves, and zoo(mix of all animals) and it was brutally powerful and I literally did not even have an attack. I just ran around and dropped totems and all other skills were pets. Never once swung an axe and the dps was just asinine.

• 1Like