Last Epoch

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
generally yes. unless the pet specifically has passives that allows it to scale? otherwise % inc minion damage, int/dex or whatever stat it says it scales with specifically, added minion damage.

I assume necro since you said wand?

Like Falcon we were discussing specifically has passives that cause it to scale with your stats. most others don't.
Yea playing Necro, most minions seem to scale with "Minion" and "Intelligence", so I guess stats like that are more important than wepaon dmg or spell dmg.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God I hope this game gets some 3rd party support for wikis and databases. The cancer that is fandom needs to be nuked from orbit.

Caliane

yeah, there you go. I mean that is pretty much my build. theres a few small changes here and there.
The 8 in bladedancer is the big standout, but a great idea for that dex and glancing blow.
I would absolutely endorse this build over mcfluffins. if you are still running that other one, try swapping over. I highly doubt you will regret it.

I question Aerial prowess. spamming divebomb and AA to get those 36stacks I would think, despite their claims. how can the bird possibly hit and crit 36 times in every 1.5s?
kindof the same with exsanguinating strike. trash isnt living long enough to get 30 stacks of bleed for 30% more damage.

featherfall versus on wings and shadow is something Im going to test next. almost nothing survives divebomb..so its tough. need to head to the dummies I guess.
avian arsenal is also "to be tested" they are using it... but, we aren't attacking anything ourselves, do we actually proc the mark? if so, yes get that perk for sure.

and anyone else in general, yeah follow this guide. gearing seems 100% on point. im dling the loot filter, and will review that and see if its solid as well.
first round of testing of featherfall on dummies... it doesnt seem to do anything at all. it SAYS, before the falcon dive bombs, it will use featherfall to strike the target area. 400% damage effectiveness. 2,4,6,8 feathers.
I tried with 2 points in it. and as far as I can tell. nothing. using dive domb on dummies, only hit once. and no change in damage value.
I think this perk just isn't working at all.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Building a spin to win dual wield paladin with no real plan. Looks like I am going to have to figure out mana management at some point, but right now using Rive to get mana back is working okay. Like I said, I don't have any real plan I am not looking at guides, I am just having fun. It feels good to push buttons! There is something to be said for solid gameplay feel and right now that is the biggest draw for me and I am sure what will end up helping me stick around is learning how all the systems work together in cohesion.

As I mentioned the other day, the launch was shit, but the game is so fun I am willing to not get butthurt about a few days of fuckery.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
You doing just pets and running around or running Swipe? I'm using a build template from 0.9 update but that doesn't appear to have changed. It uses Swipe but I'd prefer a full Zoo build without an active attack if you have a good one.

I’m full pet baby! Don’t even have a player attack lol

i switched from zoo(one of each) to:

• 5 wolves, skill slot 1
  • the heal, something blessing, with any skill that makes pets stronger and AE heals wolves
  • frenzy totem, with buff that makes the heal auto cast, so I never cast it manually
  • thorn totem, used in giant packs sometimes on bosses
  • and the right click I have maelstrom, with the skill to make it utility, not damage and cast on minions. It chills everything and also heals minions

basically I run around occasionally dropping frenzy totem and casting maelstrom on the wolves.

for pet focus, which I may switch up its poison stuff and +cold to help wolves

its a bit boring but they destroy everything I come across. I basically dodge AoEs and let them do the work. Way different than what I did in beta when I had one of each pet, but whatever it works

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've now played 5 classes to 30's/40's to get a feel.

Warlock is visually the best class I've seen. Incredible looking abilities, dead simple playstyle, good dps. My only issue is it's a bit too simple really and can plug several good skills into a single ability and clear everything. It's incredibly good, though.

Runemaster is also visually great, but much busier playstyle. Combo'ing into bigger spells is really cool and works great but it's too much work for my geriatric ass so he got shelved. Really well designed though and really strong.

Squirrel Beastmaster is just fucking lol. It's extremely strong and easy to play, visually boring however (other than 50 squirrels) but this kills bosses so freaking quickly. Great build if not a touch boring.

Spin to win fire/smite pally starts slow but ramps up. Visually it's not the best class (worst of the above listed tbh) but it's tanky, heals a ton and does decent damage. Seemed a bit slower than others.

Turret Falconer - lol. It's so broken it's hilarious. Best dmg vs ease of use of any of the aforementioned classes. Pop bird/turret and run around and every thing gets deleted. Visually ineresting but not as cool as lock/runemaster. Will stick with this class for now as it fits my lazy ass overpowered ideal for a controller supported arpg.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
God I hope this game gets some 3rd party support for wikis and databases. The cancer that is fandom needs to be nuked from orbit.

There is a database already, same people that did the Grim Dawn tools website made one for Last Epoch. Lastepochtools.com

• 3Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Building a spin to win dual wield paladin with no real plan. Looks like I am going to have to figure out mana management at some point, but right now using Rive to get mana back is working okay. Like I said, I don't have any real plan I am not looking at guides, I am just having fun. It feels good to push buttons! There is something to be said for solid gameplay feel and right now that is the biggest draw for me and I am sure what will end up helping me stick around is learning how all the systems work together in cohesion.

As I mentioned the other day, the launch was shit, but the game okay is so fun I am willing to not get butthurt about a few days of fuckery.
This is the way. I have never used a guide in an arpg. I want to play the game and figure shit out myself, not have someone do it for me. That's part of the fun.

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda crazy looking at the kickstarter trailer and comparing to now. They made quite the journey in improving their vision.

The game is super fun. Feels like I'm playing a D2 Zoomancer but with better graphic and gameplay. And no fucking Builder/Spender shit skills.

• 3Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the viability on saving tons of stuff I find that have stats I need in order to "salvage" them for crafting mats later? I know you can buy those runes from shop keepers at about 2k a pop. I guess I'm wondering if supply runs out or that cost gets prohibitively expensive for some unseen reason.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What's the viability on saving tons of stuff I find that have stats I need in order to "salvage" them for crafting mats later? I know you can buy those runes from shop keepers at about 2k a pop. I guess I'm wondering if supply runs out or that cost gets prohibitively expensive for some unseen reason.

They are unlimited, use them early and often

• 2Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Starting out, 2k a pop is way too much. As you level up some. 2k becomes peanuts, so don't worry about it.

I haven't had a need to test with 1.0, but in earlier versions you could just log in and out or zone from vendor to vendor and buy as many as you need.

Edit: each class has some fairly rare affixes / suffixes that they can use, so I would just a loot filter and recolor the items I needed and put in the stash until you could shatter them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just buy four whenever I do a vendor dump. Both my money and my shatter runes go up that way. I wouldn’t do it super early though, just once you get higher. You will have no shortage of stuff to shatter in the future.

Caliane

one of the things a loot filter you dl might do, is highlight items with key mods you will want to shatter. the rest are just ignore/vendor. you don't need or want ot shatter everything.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
one of the things a loot filter you dl might do, is highlight items with key mods you will want to shatter. the rest are just ignore/vendor. you don't need or want ot shatter everything.
Yeah, they are always bright red and all caps if it’s a “do not miss shattering this” item.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also some affix shards are really common as drops, while others are incredibly rare. Stuff like class specific affixes are super rare but these you'd use filter to find the ones relevant for you(they're pretty common as affixes on item when playing the class they're for), but several affixes aren't as common(like health %, crit multi, cooldown reduction, phys/element/etc penetration to name a few generic good ones) and some are very rare(health/health% hybrid or cleanse when you drink a potion come to mind as 2 you probably want to highlight to shatter).

That said unless it's those rare affixes it's a bit of a waste to shatter anything early game, because shatter gives you shards up to the max tier of the affix, so early when you often find stuff with only T1/T2 affixes, you're not gonna get many shards, later when you shatter bad exalted(purple items) with T4-T7 affixes, you can get like 15-20 shards per shatter, so even for common affixes it can be worth.

Only limit to shatter is money, if you ever run low you can just check the vendor every 5mins or whatever the refresh is and lategame you can usually buy 10-12 shatters per reset, so you'll be able to replenish super quickly, it's more a consideration between buying more shatter or saving your money for other gold sinks/buying more tabs.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Very fun for me. I see many people that love that class.

So many interesting classes, that if you ask 10 people their most favorite class...chances are you would get a wide variety of answers.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!