Last Epoch

Caliane

Also some affix shards are really common as drops, while others are incredibly rare. Stuff like class specific affixes are super rare but these you'd use filter to find the ones relevant for you(they're pretty common as affixes on item when playing the class they're for), but several affixes aren't as common(like health %, crit multi, cooldown reduction, phys/element/etc penetration to name a few generic good ones) and some are very rare(health/health% hybrid or cleanse when you drink a potion come to mind as 2 you probably want to highlight to shatter).

That said unless it's those rare affixes it's a bit of a waste to shatter anything early game, because shatter gives you shards up to the max tier of the affix, so early when you often find stuff with only T1/T2 affixes, you're not gonna get many shards, later when you shatter bad exalted(purple items) with T4-T7 affixes, you can get like 15-20 shards per shatter, so even for common affixes it can be worth.

Only limit to shatter is money, if you ever run low you can just check the vendor every 5mins or whatever the refresh is and lategame you can usually buy 10-12 shatters per reset, so you'll be able to replenish super quickly, it's more a consideration between buying more shatter or saving your money for other gold sinks/buying more tabs.
yeah, should also note theres TWO different runes.
Rune of shattering. and rune of removal.

Rune of shattering, destroys the item, and returns a RANDOM amount of shards, of its type.
rune of Removal, does NOT destroy the item. removes a random affix, returning and EQUAL amount of shards as its tier. costs 1-25 forging.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I hit 70 on my Pally. Went Judgement, Holy Aura, Lunge, Volatile Reversal.

So far I'm up to 70 monoliths and it's stupid how easy I eat thru everything.

I wish I had a viable fifth option, thus far Vol Rev is rarely used even on bosses.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does high corruption change the loading screen into a Monolith, and how the game looks overall? I've seen a few streamers now who are lvl100 and are running "divine echo | level 100" monolith maps, and there is a very strong depth of field effect going on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hit 70 on my Pally. Went Judgement, Holy Aura, Lunge, Volatile Reversal.

So far I'm up to 70 monoliths and it's stupid how easy I eat thru everything.

I wish I had a viable fifth option, thus far Vol Rev is rarely used even on bosses.
I think VR is needed if you change Judegment to have its Consecrated Ground become an Aura, which takes 100% mana for full effect. Watched some ppl playing that build and it looks dumb.

I've been doing the Warpath - Smite thing, and I'm beginning to think that build is very limited, as so far (lvl76), it requires a wpn with -3 Mana Cost, and the only high lvl wpns which have that are Wands. There is a Staff that has it, but it tops out at lvl50, while the wand is 77.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Does high corruption change the loading screen into a Monolith, and how the game looks overall? I've seen a few streamers now who are lvl100 and are running "divine echo | level 100" monolith maps, and there is a very strong depth of field effect going on.
Once you beat all of the normal ones you can change them to level 100 empowered monoliths, which are more difficult and have better loot and better enchantments after you beat them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So i made a Runemaster and hit 18 so far. I am not quite sure how i feel about it so far. The ice abilities are pretty sweet for Sorc in general. I am pondering trying to go Warlock or Necro, but think i will stick with it a lil longer to see if it becomes more enjoyable.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once you beat all of the normal ones you can change them to level 100 empowered monoliths, which are more difficult and have better loot and better enchantments after you beat them.
Right. Have you noticed a new visual effect when you do an empowered/divine Monolith run? If you haven't done those yourself yet, take a look at some streamers like lonestar_mccuffin to see what I mean.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Right. Have you noticed a new visual effect when you do an empowered/divine Monolith run? If you haven't done those yourself yet, take a look at some streamers like lonestar_mccuffin to see what I mean.
I was wondering this last night too. I'm doing empowered monoliths now and I don't see anything like what's on youtube videos. Some effect that only happens online maybe?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I’ll check it out. It’s a different graphic when you’re selecting one, I thought that’s what you meant.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Does anyone have a great loot filter they found?

Also, is anyone doing the full clear on monoliths?

Caliane

So I just realized you can import your characters to last epoch builds.
heres my current falconer.

Shield is a bonkers synergy for falconer.
if not blocked recently, stacks 4 stacks of +10% block chance. giving it 56% block chance
falconer has a passive in the tree, which converts 100% of block into glancing blow.
so, with 0 block, you never block, and never lose the buff. lets you reach 100% glancing blow chance pretty easy.

my first prophecy. kill lianth in campaign, for a unique shield... 17 weavers will cradle haha.
I really needed that void resist. elem is solid too.

theres absolutely some bugs on falconry.
I see reports of much of the CDR talents not working.

not one to just follow a guide, I've been trying out varients.. I could not get featherfall to do anything at all for divebomb.
swapped over to On wings and shadow, and that too nothing. smokebomb shadows, out, nothing. just attacking nothing. Im not even sure how either is supposed to work.

I do still question some of the on hit buffs that one guide recommends. Aerial prowess in AA, bleed stacking in dive bomb. nothing lives long enough to stack any of these buffs.

Falconers mark is a big one for this, with a more special case.
falconers mark, and marking strikes makes it apply the debuff on hit. the debuff is only consumed when YOU hit the target, not the bird. which is a problem, we never attack.
umbral blades from AA do consume the mark. but, we have no control of the targeting here. its completely unreliable. you're never going to stack the 10 stacks for Avian arsenal.
so, as is, I don't think this is worth doing..

that said.. what happens when we DO attack? well, if you do slot umbral blades, and attack. Avian arsenal is bonkers. tested on dummies. my bird auto attacks 6-9k. as it stacks shred.
falconstrikes, umbral blade spam, to stack up Avian arsenal. bird is now auto attacking for 15-20k for 10s.

so, the marks are useless during mapping. but potentially during bosses, when using falconstrikes, stop spam umbral blades to stack up AA.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, after playing a bunch this weekend and getting my Warlock to 92 one thing I've noticed is the experience book echo rewards seem to be % based. Which makes them very valuable at higher levels as rewards. They kinda suck at lower levels when you get tons of experience per echo from killing stuff but at higher levels they are *chefs kiss*

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I made one. Start by hiding all the blue shit. The hide all the item types you don't need. The hide all the low lvl shit. Then show the specific types of wpns you want to use. The show and highlight all the Exalted stuff of the right type. This should work well enough until you're rdy to focus on some specific gear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

BIS loot filter for sure. Very easy to make your own as you develop a better sense of game mechanics and very easy to save them to a cloud drive somewhere so you have a backup.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, after playing a bunch this weekend and getting my Warlock to 92 one thing I've noticed is the experience book echo rewards seem to be % based. Which makes them very valuable at higher levels as rewards. They kinda suck at lower levels when you get tons of experience per echo from killing stuff but at higher levels they are *chefs kiss*
Yep, that's how the race to 100 was won. It's not exactly % based though, but one of the streamers that came close to winning did take the time to document it:

I use Bina's, but it requires a bit of work on your part to set it up. Still better than any of the ones I've seen bundled with a build though.

And no, I never clear an echo. It's always best to speedrun it and move on to the next. I don't do the optional stuff for empowered monoliths either, unless I've missed something there's just no point.
theres absolutely some bugs on falconry.
I see reports of much of the CDR talents not working.
Strange. One thing that actually surprised me after switching to Allie's version was that my cooldown on AA is generally shorter than it was before, despite the new build removing points in Avian Hunter. I didn't take the caltrops node either. I think I will swap a point to it though, since it actually does work well vs. bosses when you're just standing in a smoke cloud right next to the boss and trying to spam all the abilities immediately on CD. Whether or not it's a bug that the caltrops trigger Skyward Swoop on every tick remains to be seen I guess.

And about that shield. Make sure to check your defenses once the weaver is done rolling the extra affixes. I was at 109% glancing which allowed me to take 3 points out of Dodge and Parry and put them in something else.

---------------------------------------
Also, I found the drawback to playing offline. The game crashed and rebooted my PC this morning. When I loaded back up, I couldn't get into the game on any of my offline characters. No luck with searching reddit, etc. for a solution but after trying to remove saves, turn cloud saves off, etc. I noticed the player.log file in save directory. It showed a crash due to something being corrupted in STASH_0. I deleted just that file and renamed STASH_0.bak to STASH_0 and finally got back in. So uh, yeah... back up your Eleventh Hour Games folder in Appdata/LocalLow periodically if you want to be safe. I'd be completely screwed if the backup had been corrupted too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So i made a Runemaster and hit 18 so far. I am not quite sure how i feel about it so far. The ice abilities are pretty sweet for Sorc in general. I am pondering trying to go Warlock or Necro, but think i will stick with it a lil longer to see if it becomes more enjoyable.

Runemaster doesn't get fun til you figure out how to use Evocation with the combos and get stuff specc'd up. It's not for everyone I'm sure but I love the depth of the playstyle. Trying to figure out how to gear up for it is going to be challenge.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Tl;dw?

Is the consensus still that the ssf faction is better? I'm playing offline anyway but curious.
I'm not sure but it seems that the magic find faction is probably best, or at least that's what I gathered.

I think where you get screwed is whatever faction you're in it tags the gear that you find or buy, so you're sort of pigeon holed.

I'm not an expert on the game by any stretch of the imagination.

• 1Like

Khane

Runemaster doesn't get fun til you figure out how to use Evocation with the combos and get stuff specc'd up. It's not for everyone I'm sure but I love the depth of the playstyle. Trying to figure out how to gear up for it is going to be challenge.

Most of the builds don't get "fun" until you've specced into the trees in a way that compliments your main damage skill.

And I know Hateyou Hateyou is going to flame me again for this, but Mana is a huge deterring factor on a lot of skills early. It's just not fun to play around with the "tools" they give you until you have a lot of points specced into "mana battery" points on the skill trees.

• 1Like