Last Epoch

Caliane

my wing burst hits for about 67k on the target dummy direct. those points are in projectile training, ambush, pred cascade, and slayer of big prey. 50-100% more damage on Aerial assault, versus "high hp targets". so install kills trash, and with big prey, always versus bosses.

Dive bomb about 80k.

the falconry nodes go into agile prey. 10% more damage, 30% more versus moving targets.
Feather knives. totally under appreciated. 250% effectiveness. 10s cd, decent aoe cone. 2 points in skychaser, give 150% of your throwing attack speed as CDR. Its at about 5s for me.
bird just consistently pops this in between divebombs, AA and falconstrikes. 10k noncrit aoe. this is a great zero effort passive dps add. kills adds, stacks debuffs, etc.

yeah. no shadow birds spawn for me when I tried it.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This might be the first game where disintegrate actually disintegrates. Shit is melting to my Runemaster disintegrate build. Just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
my wing burst hits for about 67k on the target dummy direct.
Your white numbers are 67k? The yellow ones are shadow daggers (100% crit chance) and should be vastly higher than what wing burst does.
the falconry nodes go into agile prey.
I'd take that if it affected Dive Bomb, but it's just local to the Falconry stuff unfortunately.
yeah. no shadow birds spawn for me when I tried it.
After testing it some more at the dummies, I think you're right. I definitely don't see them either, and I was wrong about Dancing Shadows being the reason that Smoke Cloud sustains bladestorms for a very long time.

Does high corruption change the loading screen into a Monolith, and how the game looks overall? I've seen a few streamers now who are lvl100 and are running "divine echo | level 100" monolith maps, and there is a very strong depth of field effect going on.
Have you seen any more about this? Looking more closely at videos from people playing online, I'm starting to think that most or maybe even all the visual upgrades in 1.0 are missing when you play offline. In addition to the DoF/CA effects when they enter an echo, a lot of maps are much darker than they used to be, which has been bugging me all along... but in the videos the new lighting effects from skills (that I'm not seeing, at least as a falconer) make up for the overall lower brightness. I'm playing with everything on Ultra so it's not something in the settings.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This is the same problem I had with playing a warlock too. Cthonic Fissure eats up so much mana and the proc it does uses mana so I’m constantly out of mana which is highly annoying. I found myself kiting mobs and until I have enough mana to cast it and that is not fun gameplay. Then I had to invest tons of points into mana regen and plus mana gear to sustain the spell which helped some.
If you follow a guide make sure you take mana shit early on, some of these guides are built by people who clearly just used a bunch of uniques to run through the campaign or whatever and never actually played at low lvl with shit gear. A lot of the maxroll leveling guides are extremely questionnable I've found after running more chars, some are fine(I think warlock was ok but I did change a few things) but some are just straight up shit(lich has the wrong stuff speced on Reaper form for example). That or get mana regen% on gear, that works well too surprisingly this game even like 20-40% mana regen will fix a lot of mana issues. Make sure to highlight them in your loot filter too, maxroll loot filters also have very questionnable choices in there(they hide wands/scepters/offhands for casters even though imo it's a lot easier to get a decent wand+offhand than a good staff) or straight up mistakes(runemaster loot filter doesn't show poison resist cause they forgot about it). Mana regen% is very common so it's super easy to find one item for it.

For warlock I played it like that and one of the thing was not taking the double fissure too early, that shit sucks up a ton of mana since it both massively increases the initial cost but also doubles the amount of procs you get. Single fissure does a lot less damage but for most of the campaign it's sufficient, I think I ended up specing back into it during chapter 9(I speced into it for 10mins earlier but just dropped the point after seeing how annoying it was). Make sure you get the chaos bolt node for mana regen asap too, it's the highest priority. Also straight up just spamming chaos bolt with spirit plague does a pretty good job for clearing out smaller packs and what not so only use fissure when you get a bunch of stuff together. That said once I was past the campaign I had no issue, as I said a couple of mana regen affixes on your gear and it's usually enough unless it's a true mana fuckery build like some sorc builds.

Mana so far hasn't been a problem on all the chars I've ran, I mean it is a bit on some builds but that just means I need to slap some mana regen somewhere on my gear. And technically you can use 0 cost spells to regain mana if you want the approach other games force you to do, otherwise it's the same thing(poe you can use mana pots but you're trading off a quicksilver or utility flask, not much different from using a mana regen item and trading a better affix for it).

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm playing Kripp's necro build, stacking healing effectiveness for aura of decay and letting my minions run amok. It's pretty damn good even though I emphasized damage at the cost of HP a bit too much, I'm only at like 1919 hp at level 92, but doing empowered monos even with 100 corruption is super easy.

I went merchant guild and kinda regret it... You get a ton of rune of ascendance for uniques that you need to enable builds, and you can't buy exalted items until rank 7, which I'm still not at even at lvl 92. Even once you reach that rank and can buy exalted items, the prices have such an extreme range, the same item can be like 10,000 gold, or it can be 1,000,000.

And I have no idea what other classes prioritize, so until there is something like Awakened POE trade for last epoch, the merchant guild definitely needs some tuning to bring it in line with COF.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its a good sign when you sit at work and planning what to do with your build once you get home.

Went merchant as well and bought 4 Uniques yesterday that I need for the build.

The servers took a dive after that so could not try it out. Also respecced a bit with my minions, dropping Skeletons for the buff minions skill. Need to relevel the skills quite a bit now though before they are back to lvl 18-19.

I lack good weapons but is 11 intelligence better than +1 skills? Got two Two-handers to chose from.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Which is the problem. Other ARPGs give you ways to deal with mana early, usually via potions, or mana regen auras and the like. LE has... nothing. Which sucks.

When I made that Warlock and I opened up the mastery I had 64 mana, and the Warlock class skill Cthonic Fissure costs 44 mana. Which was the reason I was annoyed and made the comment. That's absurd and there is no counteraction for it early. Bad game design IMO, even if it becomes a non issue later. It sucks having to focus heavily on making your Class defining skill usable by dumping a ton of gear and skill focus into Mana.
I'm playing a Warlock and when I got to CF I had 100+ mana without trying. Literally the first node in the specialization tree is -4 cost, +6 mana on hits per point. I took that and have never had any mana problems at all. Even after upgrading it to spew upgraded, mana heavy Chaos Bolts. I also realize I shouldn't take the double fissure or exploding zombies until I feel like my mana Regen recovery can take it.

Playing a caster class bitching about mana makes as much sense as playing a warrior and bitching that you have to pay attention to health.

It's also stupidly easy to throw a +mana affix on your leveling gear if you're having problems.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your white numbers are 67k? The yellow ones are shadow daggers (100% crit chance) and should be vastly higher than what wing burst does.

I'd take that if it affected Dive Bomb, but it's just local to the Falconry stuff unfortunately.

After testing it some more at the dummies, I think you're right. I definitely don't see them either, and I was wrong about Dancing Shadows being the reason that Smoke Cloud sustains bladestorms for a very long time.

Have you seen any more about this? Looking more closely at videos from people playing online, I'm starting to think that most or maybe even all the visual upgrades in 1.0 are missing when you play offline. In addition to the DoF/CA effects when they enter an echo, a lot of maps are much darker than they used to be, which has been bugging me all along... but in the videos the new lighting effects from skills (that I'm not seeing, at least as a falconer) make up for the overall lower brightness. I'm playing with everything on Ultra so it's not something in the settings.
This could be true, as I saw DatModz on a lvl70 character doing non-empowered Monoliths and have the same loading screen and depth of field effect. I've been playing Offline the whole time and I've also noticed the overall darker lighting... too dark as the skill effects for Fire Warpath are super bright. Also, there are a few maps with a fog that gets lit up and it just looks bad (like the Harvested Titan monolith).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didn't know stuff could drop already sealed, just got these in chapter9 during campaign from one of the one shot chests, pretty neat stuff.
Last Epoch Screenshot 2024.02.26 - 13.50.19.93.png

Caliane

That one "enemy" target dummy has like stupid low armor or something. numbers are inflated. point was just to show numbers were "fairly" comparable.
in combat its harder to judge.. but swapped some gear out, to level up some weavers will items. damage is lower then normal. but, still this level 90, 0 corruption. AA is critting 17-25k directly, divebomb 20-35k. (feather knives 5-6k btw.)
4s cd with AA, 5s on divebomb. with this weavers gear. its less normally. 2.3, 3s iirc.

oh, yeah, I didnt comment on the unlimited smoke bomb. Thats cloud gatherer being busted from what I understand. allowing 100% uptime. multibird dive might even proc that increase multiple times per cast?

oh, and rngjesus RIP yesterday too.
had an exalted belt drop yesterday. 27 CDR. 2 other bleh mods. cold resist, and like poison damage. base was the cold/necro resist sash. 30 forging potential.
I added throwing damage first. now, as it, it was a nice upgrade to what I was wearing, with 18% cdr. But I went for it. Rune of removal.

+6 CDR shards. -20 forge.
RIP.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes,

The game is actually fun.

It is about time....

I am trying out the Falconer. Still getting a handle on crafting.

The only thing that D4 has on this game is the cut scene animations. This is what D4 should have been when it comes to game play. I feel like I will easily get my money's worth. The only down side is when the servers start to act up. That is improving and so it comes back to the game. The game is good, if not great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't know stuff could drop already sealed, just got these in chapter9 during campaign from one of the one shot chests, pretty neat stuff.
View attachment 516545
Isn’t that what the blue/white items are? Presealed? I haven’t really looked at them yet, have just been dumping them in my stash til I get to the crafting stage of the game.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick crafting question. Can you somehow increase either stats or the level of unique(Orange) items? I got a level 7 to drop despite being level 35. Are they all that low in level?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yup, the devs were constantly online and if you wrote enough high quality thought pieces you'd get a DM from them. All the system and class refinement is a testament to a company actually listening to elf Chad gigabrains.

Cavedog or whatever his name was said he was going to treat it like the one chance he got to make something great. Gotta say he truly went all out, along with others there.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

so experimenting with sync strike+dive bomb.
this time have dancing shadows, and THAT does work. it is procing bird strikes.
... and removed dancing shadows. still getting multihits. its working for me now.

zero cd sync strike, 4 shadows on call. direct hit to proc falconers mark is solid for sure. armor shred, and crit vul.
AA/Dive bomb for map clear. AA into> sync strike>dive bomb on bosses. just massive burst. dont even need falconstrikes with this. sync can also apply the bleeds for exsang strike.

ok, so then heard another thing to consider.
Falconer's mark/avian arsenal. inconsistent procing.
Shuriken armor.
we could instead go shuriken, and armor. to get passive armor, and shurikens rotating around us. procing Falconersmark/arsenal to buff bird damage massively.

testing that.. nah. don't like it. duration is too short.
might go back to net.. 40% more damage to netted enemies. bleeds for exsang strike. just so much smoother and easier to set up.

would huntress advantage effect the bird?

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Quick crafting question. Can you somehow increase either stats or the level of unique(Orange) items? I got a level 7 to drop despite being level 35. Are they all that low in level?
No, they range from no level requirement to 70+, just depends on the item.

The only crafting for uniques is, as they drop they can have Legendary Potential of 1 through 4. The way that works is at the end of one of the t4 dungeons there’s a legendary forge that you can use once per dungeon run. You stick a unique in the forge and an exalted (purple). You hit combine and the unique will grab between 1-4 stats (depending on the 1-4 legendary potential on the unique) off the exalted and be imprinted on the unique. It becomes legendary item, which is red instead of orange.

It has RNG but if you have an L2 or L3 and it pulls the right stats for you, it makes some extremely powerful items. I’ve never found an L4, they’re extremely rare.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wait, this is good?
Depends what you want out of the game. For someone that plays PoB(not a typo), there's definitely plenty of build puzzles to solve in this game. It's not as complex as PoE. Also, fosters healthy competition in the ARPG market. GGG has already changed their stance on some aspects of trade, assumedly because of LE.

Just to be explicit, I would consider D4 unhealthy competition.

• 1Like