Last Epoch

Caliane

Quick crafting question. Can you somehow increase either stats or the level of unique(Orange) items? I got a level 7 to drop despite being level 35. Are they all that low in level?
Much like other games, uniques come in all level ranges. level 1 uniques, level 80 uniques.

to keep low level unique viable, there is the LP, legendary potential system.
at higher levels, you might have a unique drop with 1-3LP on it.

LP items can be combined with EXALTED rares.

Exalted rares are the purple items you see drop.
Rares are yellow items. normally stats on rares cap out at 5. via drop, or via crafting.
Exalted rares have 1 or 2 mods that drop at t6 or 7. drop only.

Crafting is totally based around these exalted rares.

Now, for those LP uniques. take your LP unique, and a 4 affix exalted rare you want to combine, (of the same type. ring=ring,, sword=sword), into the Temporal bastion.
At the end of that dungeon, there is a crafting bench, which will let you combine them.

The 4 mod exalted item will be destroyed, and its mods will be added to the 1-3lp unique at random, based on the LP slots. 1=1of the 4., 3=3 of the 4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have yet to even run a dungeon. I am still in the "learning the game" phase of playing. I was wondering what the Purplish colored gear was for. Glad I saved them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends what you want out of the game. For someone that plays PoB(not a typo), there's definitely plenty of build puzzles to solve in this game. It's not as complex as PoE. Also, fosters healthy competition in the ARPG market. GGG has already changed their stance on some aspects of trade, assumedly because of LE.

Just to be explicit, I would consider D4 unhealthy competition.
What aspects of trade?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Also there are Weaver's Will uniques. Instead of LP, they get a number of WW points, and while equipping the item, they earn experience and eventually use up the WW points to level up, either adding a random affix or increasing the level of an added one, until the WW points get to zero.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What aspects of trade?
PoE2 will use gold to instantly purchase items listed by players. Gold is player bound and can only be acquired by playing the game. You can still trade items if you want to forgo this transaction tax.

I don't think it's been confirmed, but it would be pretty silly not to backport this system to PoE.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Also there are Weaver's Will uniques. Instead of LP, they get a number of WW points, and while equipping the item, they earn experience and eventually use up the WW points to level up, either adding a random affix or increasing the level of an added one, until the WW points get to zero.
I got one of these early and it evolved two affixes I really needed. It's going to be a long time until I find something better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weavers items can be fantastic, or.. shit. I had a pair of gloves drop last night, just 11 points, and 6 of those went into Health Regen, lol.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm playing a Warlock and when I got to CF I had 100+ mana without trying. Literally the first node in the specialization tree is -4 cost, +6 mana on hits per point. I took that and have never had any mana problems at all. Even after upgrading it to spew upgraded, mana heavy Chaos Bolts. I also realize I shouldn't take the double fissure or exploding zombies until I feel like my mana Regen recovery can take it.

Playing a caster class bitching about mana makes as much sense as playing a warrior and bitching that you have to pay attention to health.

It's also stupidly easy to throw a +mana affix on your leveling gear if you're having problems.

Lol what a post. "Pfft never any problems at all, get good". Sure bud. Did you wait until like level 30 to specialize or something? Right on.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
1708965088767.png

1708965100000.png

What am I supposed to do here?

I don't see the referenced node anywhere. Is that part of it, I have to find this node?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Much like other games, uniques come in all level ranges. level 1 uniques, level 80 uniques.

to keep low level unique viable, there is the LP, legendary potential system.
at higher levels, you might have a unique drop with 1-3LP on it.

LP items can be combined with EXALTED rares.

Exalted rares are the purple items you see drop.
Rares are yellow items. normally stats on rares cap out at 5. via drop, or via crafting.
Exalted rares have 1 or 2 mods that drop at t6 or 7. drop only.

Crafting is totally based around these exalted rares.

Now, for those LP uniques. take your LP unique, and a 4 affix exalted rare you want to combine, (of the same type. ring=ring,, sword=sword), into the Temporal bastion.
At the end of that dungeon, there is a crafting bench, which will let you combine them.

The 4 mod exalted item will be destroyed, and its mods will be added to the 1-3lp unique at random, based on the LP slots. 1=1of the 4., 3=3 of the 4.
You can go up to 4 LP, not 3.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 516579
View attachment 516580
What am I supposed to do here?

I don't see the referenced node anywhere. Is that part of it, I have to find this node?
It’s the quests over on the left. There’s 3 of them, you have to click them to start it, it’s not on the nodes. It looks like you did the first one and are ready to do the second. You have to do them in order, are you trying to click the third?

Caliane

mclfuffins current loadout is bonkers. Low life. constant degen being converted to ward. ties into AA healing/warding for 50% of your missing life as well. hes running around with 6k ward passively, 8-9k in combat.

you can use lastepoch tools to inspect other people.
his account is:mcfluffin
chracter is:mcbirbs.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If you want to do the quests they are found on the left hand side of the monolith map, they aren't nodes on the mono themselves.
I don't really get what it was saying because I did it once, it didn't complete... I just did it again and it completed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
mclfuffins current loadout is bonkers. Low life. constant degen being converted to ward. ties into AA healing/warding for 50% of your missing life as well. hes running around with 6k ward passively, 8-9k in combat.

you can use lastepoch tools to inspect other people.
his account is:mcfluffin
chracter is:mcbirbs.

It seems like Low Life is just the play on most builds because of the ward conversion rate and you only need 2-3 items to make it work. And tons of builds have big damage benefits for low life and missing life.

Caliane

yeah, lots of stuff just built right in.

like all the gear. one mod. automatically degens to not kill you, as % of current life will scale smaller and smaller till you don't die via passive regen. everyone has passive regen.

8% of CURRENT life degen per second
8% of total life gained as ward per second.

Endurance. everyone has innate endurance.
20% of max life, Endurance kicks in for 20% DR.
This in general is a really cool mechanic. a sublte thrill as hits that "should kill you" dont. but synergies here with low life builds. (does not reduce damage to ward)

no need for chaos inoculation, or anything. ward absorbs all damage. (I think)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any reason not to buy on steam? I know PoE patches work much faster/better if your account is not tied to steam.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That hasn't been the case for a while. But at the same time, I'm not usually sitting in the queue on release day, so I'm not watching Steam patch PoE like a hawk.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven’t heard of steam patches ever being an issue, just the multiplayer servers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For a significant portion of PoE's life, Steam was ultra retarded about patching. Essentially forcing you redownload most if not all of the files touched by a patch.