Last Epoch

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of interesting to see all the streamers and youtubers posistioning. They don't want to go "all in" but they don't want to be left behind either.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to update for 1.0 here next week once I do a full deep dive on changes that can possibly enhance in with the game live but for now if you want two good builds definitely check out the below. I've got both to 85 so far starting on new cycle (playing 1 with wife and 1 solo).

Even with the squirrel helm nerf and apogee nerf awhile back I think my death knight squirrels is a strong build Dungeon boss farmers if you like to have more then 1 build. If you are playing as merchant faction very easy to get it juiced up with some 1 LP's for extremely cheap. Again I need to review and adjust for 1.0 but general build path seems fairly inline. Pre nerfs I managed to kill J4 in sub 4 seconds which was the fastest non bugged kill I saw in beta so even with nerfs I think it should outshine most ST builds. Not the greatest mono climber as it doesn't have a movement skill (super fast movement w/ perma haste) and can get overwhelmed at higher corruption.

I'm running back my Druid build that I created and tweaked for about 12 months. By far the most fun i've had in the game as far as builds go while still being very strong. Not the best boss killer but can push fairly high in mono's and scales very nicely. Its basically drop a monster nuke then run around as one of the tankiest builds while you wait for internal cool down on Bhuldars. Lighting on rampage helps clear once you build out your dps. Then you can pivot to a build w/ probably 70% or so damage but insane tankiness for the 400+ corruption. Believe i had some game play in my build guide if you are want to see it in action. Super fun!

Just don't level up with the druid one, pick a lvl'ing build until you get 76+ or you will be in pain as you need bhulders for the build to work. Also i picked up a 2 LP bhuldars that im going to combine this week so excited for that; if i hit T7 crit damage + lighting pen shits going to die hard and fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Perrythepig is playing a rive healing hand paladin. Even though the skill is bugged he’s making it work pretty good. Currently the skill is bugged and has no dps tool tip or no Fire Tag with Searing Light or Seraph Blade. If the devs correct it we can play a Fire paladin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've played a fair few builds but not very far, I usually clear the first 3-4 timelines and then check another char out, game does have good variety of builds although balancing wise there's some pretty extensive gaps between the top tier stuff and the rest(and then the completely broken shit like falconer builds).

List of the stuff I've tried:

Wolf beastmaster(plan was to go squirrel later), good single target, good survivability, meh map clear cause of no real aoe and wolves mostly tunelling the same target. Feels more like a melee build than a pet build too, like a pretty standard poe strike melee with leap slam > drop totem > buff up and spam really fast attacks with really shit range, wolves do a lot of the dmg but they're just kinda there.

Fissure warlock, good everything very strong and very easy to play just run around dropping fissures and spirit plague as stuff just kinda dies. Definitely felt overtuned as it has no real weakness besides maybe mana a bit but even that is easily fixed, it generates tons of ward for free, has tons of ways to scale damage and does full screen clears but also very high single target

Poison pet necro, focused on skeleton rogues and melee wraiths with all poison stuff, very high single target(I think my highest for consistent dmg) but pretty meh map clear, pet AI isn't great and since it's melee minions it has more issues, rogues do help with shurikens and acid flasks but it's still not great especially since it's pretty reliant on dread shade to do max dmg so even when they split they don't kill that well. Low survivability too since no real defenses other than pets(although with bone golem that's fine and later on low life ward shenanigans with decay aura for heals+additional poison scaling instead of golem).

Shadow daggers Bladedancer, good at everything and very fast, fun to play. Bit squishy if you get caught but can probably fix with better gear and I had a lot of defensive passives to take still as I took a lot of dmg first. Shadow daggers scaling is stupid. Very fun to play overall and felt basically perfect for the quick rogue type char, you're constantly moving super fast and you have ridiculous burst, definitely nailed the design, although I think the skills should do more dmg and shadow daggers less

Decay aura+wandering spirits poison Lich, this one was a bit of a disappointment, I know it'll scale great eventually but the leveling was pretty horrible. It takes way too long to get the generic leech nodes in Lich passives(they're all the way to the end) so you're pretty fucking squishy, and aura of decay obviously hurts you so that doesn't help much. Reaper form means you have a cheat death built in pretty much and it did work ok with Life Drain but takes way too long to get online. I've seen videos of it being played though and the map clear looked excelent and the single target is pretty good too, while being very tanky, but it's likely better to level up to 70 as a normal nuke lich then spec into poison lich stuff.

Ignite explosions fire spam Sorc, good map clear, average single target(unless fighting a big boss where you can get all novas hitting), pretty fun to play but on some map tiles lags like a motherfucker with all the explosions. Uses Frost claw with repeated casts to proc tons of big overlapping Fire Novas all over the screen to stack a lot of ignites. Teleport+Meteor combo to regen mana and get strong defensive and offensive buffs. Very tanky too since it burns through a lot of mana for mana > ward affix and just generate good ward+has a lot of ward retention+Flame Ward for on demand big bursts. Only downside is you use Teleport almost on cooldown for the buffs and to cast Meteor for free for the buff from that, which mean boss mechanics have to be planned for(either facetank with high ward, run normally or hold teleport which can make it a bitch with mana regen).

Have yet to check the warrior guy, I think I'd like a pseudo pet build with the animated weapons/armor shit but it looks like it has the same issues as beastmaster(maybe even worse) where it's stupid single target but pretty poor map clear. Don't care for the other 2 design so eh. I think I'll check out Spellblade or Druid next.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck, upgraded a helm with a rune and got the Jim Hopper (David Harbour) helmet.

Skärmbild 2024-02-27 125424.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well,

That would make me build a wraith build. I like that items actually are powerful in this game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That helm goes "slightly" past powerful, it's super broken. Even used normally it's already quite strong but you can do some shenanigans with mass summoning stuff and it'll consume everything and then one shot T4 julra and shit. I assume they'll nerf it a bunch(although part of the issue is bone curse walls counting as minions which basically gives you 12 "minions" to consume in one cast) but thematically it's really cool and even without stupid stuff it's still very strong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. I hit 85. Opened the corruption levels. At monolith 100 corruption, I am getting my ass handed to me. The PITA thing is that I am getting wrecked by fire and physical even though I am waaaay over the threshold.

Am I supposed to be doing something prior to these 100 corruptions?
aaa.jpg
bbb.jpg

Aazrael

Yea will consider making a build for it. I do have a belt right now that pops 5 zombies when I drink a potion, might be good for it.

It did not work with my current build though, he just nomnom all my minions and everything went to shit. :p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This seems like a good wraithlord guide and flat damage is so good in this game because of all the crazy scaling you can get that helm definitely seems "busted"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Ok. I hit 85. Opened the corruption levels. At monolith 100 corruption, I am getting my ass handed to me. The PITA thing is that I am getting wrecked by fire and physical even though I am waaaay over the threshold.

Am I supposed to be doing something prior to these 100 corruptions?View attachment 516760View attachment 516761

I think Fire, in particular, is bugged, or at least overtuned. I noticed random one shots like that from mainly fire skills as well. I am not crit capped and I am certain these 1 shots are from crits so that might be your problem as well. Reduced extra damage from crits is more useful on the way to 100% because its smoother and less random. But crit avoid at 100% works the same.

Your HP is also quite low, should be able to get 2k+ easily by level 85.

Caliane

Am I supposed to be doing something prior to these 100 corruptions?View attachment 516760View attachment 516761
don't walk into shit? I'm dumb and keep walking into shit I shouldn't be. but otherwise 100corr is pretty easy.

I tried to pull up your character on lastepoch tools.
Anyone can actually inspect anyones, if you know their account and character name.

I'm not sure what tools a paladin has for survival.

Defenses:
capped resists is stage 1.

stage 2 armor. Armor reduces ALL non-dot damage, only hits. 100% for physical, 70% for everything else. so your atm 40% armor, is 40% dr versus phys, 28% versus the rest.
stage 3. dodge. you have 0 of. % chance to negate a hit entirely.
stage 4.block. % chance to block attacks AND spells. and block effect is how powerful the block is. my rogue has 74% block, 1226 block effect for 41% eff, without any real effort on this. I'd expect you to have 100% here. unless theres some temp, or hidden thing going on. as, even my rogue technically has 0 block, and its not being displayed.
stage 5. glancing blows. %chance to reduce a hit by a %. as a rogue, I actually have a passive that converts block to glancing blows. so, have 100% glancing blows. GB is a flat 35% less.
stage 6. critical strike avoidance. I have 77% chance to avoid crits atm, this reducing any crits to normal hits. getting 100% here is pretty powerful. helps eliminate any rando 1shots. there is also "reduced bonus damage taken from crits"
stage 7. random DR passives/skills. like as a rogue, I have -20% damage taken while moving from evasion passive, and -4/8 while moving from tailwind.(no idea if these add or multiply) I dont know what paladins have.
stage 8 ward. Ward is of course temporary HP that covers all damage. its not like Energy shield in poe, where chaos damage skips it. go back and look at mclfuffins gear I posted yesterday, and see his ward setup. converting HP to ward nonstop for a massive temp hp pool. Alternatively, just stack Hp, and HP% on idols, and gear.
stage 9 endurance. endurance is a %dr applied to all damage when your hp drops to the endurance threshold value. this is after ward. but a high endurance threshold and % is of course a massive survival tool.

my char has 1221 hp, but has an estimated EHp of 2871 according to lastepochtools. I dont actually know how its calculated. (is moving is checked)

(I see here 73% crit avoid, and 110% reduced bonus damage from crits... huh. I suppose thats useless...)

Khane

To give you guys an idea of how stupid Rank 10 CoF double prophecy + double reward lens can get:

1709043778161.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Tried the Wraithlord now for a map and even specced with a totally different build he one shotted most stuff easy. Think I will try my minion build I had in mind first though for a bit and maybe change to Wraiths later.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I got falcons fists last night and was really hoping it was "busted" as well with cinder strike but it's very meh. Disappointed, as that was kind of driving my desire to play Falconer because I love the idea of uniques completely defining different playstyles. Only if they're viable, however. Squirrel helm, the David Harbour helm etc fit that category.

Playing Wudijo's build and it's great dps but you have to move a ton. Going to keep pushing to 100 as it clears really quickly and look for another class I can base around interesting unique/set stuff. I did get the Talons of Valor bow last night rolled +4 on all the skill bonuses... w/ zero legendary potential. 10 minutes later got a legendary potential +3 Talons of Valor but the skill bonuses are 2's. Freakin RNG....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Here's my profile.

I run into this issue with a lot of my Sentinel builds where close to a third of the spec points into Lunge feel like a complete waste. Given your only other melee skill has a ~4s cooldown, why not just pick up cooldown recovery on passives and gear and spec into something else? I was considering a very similar build but with healing hands specced instead of lunge.

Aazrael

Just this picture makes me mad at D4. Idiot devs could not beat an Indie company at stash space. Think I spent 50k gold for this and thats like nothing.
Skärmbild 2024-02-27 182422.png

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users