Last Epoch

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
One of the most critical parts of the late game is tracking Hybrid Health (flat + % HP in 1 slot) in your loot filter and getting as many of those shards as you can to roll onto your armor pieces. Don't ignore all blue/yellow drops without a Hybrid Health filter above it. Use Runes of Removal on pieces with <4 affixes if it's a high roll until you have a stockpile. Your health is gonna be garbage until you have a few of those bad boys at T5.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the most critical parts of the late game is tracking Hybrid Health (flat + % HP in 1 slot) in your loot filter and getting as many of those shards as you can to roll onto your armor pieces. Don't ignore all blue/yellow drops without a Hybrid Health filter above it. Use Runes of Removal on pieces with <4 affixes if it's a high roll until you have a stockpile. Your health is gonna be garbage until you have a few of those bad boys at T5.
That's one thing maxroll loot filters do well, hybrid health is always in the BIG RED recolor/emphasize category for important affixes, so you can't really miss them(unless they drop offscreen which is another issue, they definitely need the poe thing where you can set minimap icons on drops too) and yeah it's high prio to get a bunch, but then again I haven't used any yet cause I figure I shouldn't use them on garbo gear and since I haven't progressed too far yet as I'm just rolling chars, I'm just stockpiling them, I have like 70 waiting or something for now. You can easily get enough hp for early empowered with just the normal health and health% affixes.

Rolled a Sentinel cause I saw a build that actually looked neat, leveling so far not using leveling uniques, Rive is really cool as a one button wonder for leveling, heals you with passives, decent aoe, good single target after ramping up the weap, really does everything. Shield rush is cool too, once you know the maps you can save a ton of time just rushing through a long line at once. Doing Void Strike/Erasure Strike combo stuff, about to switch off Rive, but I crafted the wrong weapon type(void strike doesn't work with maces) so that's gonna be a bit annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Health is important in any ARPG but this game's defensive layers are kinda busted. If you look at how Armour works it should be possible to get to some really stupid mitigation numbers and Ward is just.... broken. And once you get to a gearing point where you can abuse ward health doesn't matter at all.

I expect some very major changes to ward in particular but try to abuse it while you can.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well health converts into ward via low life uniques or some class specific stuff but if you use any of the poorly balanced ward generation tricks yeah it doesn't really matter as you'll get like 20-50k ward without much investment so it's just a matter of getting a few ward retention things so it doesn't decay too fast.

I kinda hope they nerf some of these things in the patch they said they'd do later this week but they were also saying stuff about not nerfing mid cycle if possible and what not, imo that's kinda horseshot for the first cycle though poe didn't care about nerfing mid league until several years in(and they still do if it's really egregious, which many of the bone curse wall "minions" related shit is for example, or falcon skills not procing the 100% crit neck and such). Well really I don't care that much I just don't use them anyway and I'm not competing with anyone but it's just kinda dumb shit seeing streamers being like "corruption 800 here I go" because they have 50k ward and billions of damage cause they couldn't balance some of this shit properly before release.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Health is important in any ARPG but this game's defensive layers are kinda busted. If you look at how Armour works it should be possible to get to some really stupid mitigation numbers and Ward is just.... broken. And once you get to a gearing point where you can abuse ward health doesn't matter at all.

I expect some very major changes to ward in particular but try to abuse it while you can.
High HP is what’s used to make that high ward in most cases. It’s been the same for years, it would be weird if they knee jerk changed it now.

Khane

They need to make some major changes to a lot of their systems. The idiotic scaling with uncapped res. The low life benefits. Ward. These are only some of the things people have been leaning into but there are a lot of other aspects of scaling in this game that will continue to be abused because the scaling is just... out of hand. Which is pretty fun if I'm being honest. They have way too much defense into offense scaling. There is no real reason to actually invest in offense for most builds because of it.

Lich gets a node that turns leech into a more damage multiplier at 10x its value. That's one I haven't seen people abuse yet but absolutely will get abused at some point. Armour is also something people are aware of, but aren't really abusing. Warlocks get insane flat armour from passives and I expect that to get abused soon as well.

I don't really have the time to farm this stuff to test it myself but the values are there and obvious. Which is why I love listening to some of these streamers talking about how everything is already solved and figured out. Yep, sure is, okay bud, drive people to your content. I'm starting to actively hate content creators because of this.

Khane

High HP is what’s used to make that high ward in most cases. It’s been the same for years, it would be weird if they knee jerk changed it now.

Nah, the ward stuff doesn't rely on high hp. The Warlock stuff in particular is just stupid. I linked a video a page or so back, dude has like 1800hp but is hitting 80k+ ward with bone curse + profane veil. And you can do that like every 4 seconds or so.

The problem is Ward scaling is basically infinite for some of these synergies. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't very well thought out. I don't blame them though. The ideas behind the synergies and scaling are fun, and sound, even if the implementation is a bit iffy.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, the ward stuff doesn't rely on high hp. The Warlock stuff in particular is just stupid. I linked a video a page or so back, dude has like 1800hp but is hitting 80k+ ward with bone curse + profane veil. And you can do that like every 4 seconds or so.

The problem is Ward scaling is basically infinite for some of these synergies. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't very well thought out. I don't blame them though. The ideas behind the synergies and scaling are fun, and sound, even if the implementation is a bit iffy.
That sounds more like skills being bugged or math errors. 80k is stupid lol

Khane

That sounds more like skills being bugged or math errors. 80k is stupid lol

It's not technically a bug. The bone prisons that bone curse spawns count as minions, and if you scale minion health, and can turn minion health into ward.... well.... yep. Well, maybe the bone prisons counting as minions are a bug? A lot of different builds are abusing it. I don't really know. It seems like it was a decision the devs made though because it doesn't seem reasonable to me, as a developer, to put a minion tag on something accidentally. But who knows.

Khane

Here, I'll post it again, because he's doing 800 corruption monos as if they are 0 corruption

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not technically a bug. The bone prisons that bone curse spawns count as minions, and if you scale minion health, and can turn minion health into ward.... well.... yep. Well, maybe the bone prisons counting as minions are a bug? A lot of different builds are abusing it. I don't really know. It seems like it was a decision the devs made though because it doesn't seem reasonable to me, as a developer, to put a minion tag on something accidentally. But who knows.
If it's giving 40% instead of 4% like it says on the skill, that's definitely a bug. 4% still seems like way too much though. 1% might even be pushing it.

Khane

If it's giving 40% instead of 4% like it says on the skill, that's definitely a bug. 4% still seems like way too much though. 1% might even be pushing it.

This is a fair point, but I'm not sure it's actually 40% though because the prisons themselves are meant to be damage soaks, and if they die that quick what's the point (meaning they need to have high HP values to be useful as intended defensively)? I'm more inclined to believe the health values of the prisons aren't bugged but rather the devs didn't really consider how abusable it was when creating the synergies. It creates 8 of them and you can just consume them all.

Why are they minions?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is a fair point, but I'm not sure it's actually 40% though because the prisons themselves are meant to be damage soaks, and if they die that quick what's the point (meaning they need to have high HP values to be useful as intended defensively)? I'm more inclined to believe the health values of the prisons aren't bugged but rather the devs didn't really consider how abusable it was when creating the synergies. It creates 8 of them and you can just consume them all.

Why are they minions?
So you can raise their health with items, otherwise I’d imagine they become worthless damage soaks fairly quickly. I’m just guessing though, no idea what the devs intents were.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Them scaling with minion hp is fine but they should be untargettable with your own stuff. The ward thing isn't the first issue with bone curse walls, there's some 0.9 builds that use it with sacrifice to do stupid stuff like one shotting bosses(takes a bunch of prep but still). The issue then though is that you still have ways to do it. Someone on reddit posted a lazier way to do it with volatile zombies and the unique ring for them where it just constantly resummons zombies so you don't have to press curse, probably less ward generated I'm not entirely sure but yeah the mechanic is kinda weird anyway and feels like it's just begging to be abused with some bullshit summon loop with skeletons or zombies to still give you stupid ward and remove the entirety of the defensive layer concerns when building any acolyte(since you can get all of these skills baseline or by investing into warlock tree which is really strong regardless so you'd likely have some points in there anyway).

On another note, got my Void Knight Erasing Strike to monos, fun class, plays like PoE warcry > exert big aoe stuff. You slap mobs first with Void Strike which does some damage and prepare burst(once you have the mana, atm it's mostly just a setup for me as I can't run the proced dot explosion thing) and then Erasing Strike with 100% crit chance for big boom. With my current garbage gear getting nice 20-25k hits in the early monos, kinda one shots most things and there's a stupid amount of additional dmg left in the tree since I'm only 60.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If I have these two mods: "Smite applies Electrify", "Smite casts Lightning Bolt", does Lightning Bolt apply Electrify as well?

Needless

Toe Sucker
the hell do you do with gold? gambling seems useless past like 50
hammerdin has been fun but i have had real bad luck on getting a decent weapon and i have zero idea on the crafting aspect of this game still lol

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If you are CoF and like alot of alts tabs get pretty expensive. I was at 90+ tabs at almost 1millio a tab pre launch and throwing shit i'd like to keep on the ground because of lack of room and i'm well versed in value of gear as far as what to keep and what not to.

I started cycle and went Merchant and its so nice for inventory management....i keep no set gear, keep only a handful of specific t6 affixes and keep/sell T7 affixes. Don't need to keep uniques atm for a rainy because they are so abundant even at 2 LP for many. The high demand/rare ones are still rough but lesser demand/more common 2LP you can go get for free on trader. Don't need to save everything for future build explorations because i can go buy so easily.

For overall health of market I think they need to put a higher cost to sell but lower reputation requirements to reach being able to buy exalted/unique items (not weapons). Fully appreciate making it take some work as obvious RMA detorrent but having a lvl 90+ and second lvl 85+ character i still can't buy uniques w/ LP of any kind. Have 490k rep to go to do that and thats a pretty nasty grind between farming and selling shit to generate rep. All and all its a good and fresh idea to trading though so after some tweaking i think they will have built a pretty robust system that can't be abused heavily by RMA and doesn't have the buy/resell bullshit that can ruin a game.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you are CoF and like alot of alts tabs get pretty expensive. I was at 90+ tabs at almost 1millio a tab pre launch and throwing shit i'd like to keep on the ground because of lack of room and i'm well versed in value of gear as far as what to keep and what not to.

I started cycle and went Merchant and its so nice for inventory management....i keep no set gear, keep only a handful of specific t6 affixes and keep/sell T7 affixes. Don't need to keep uniques atm for a rainy because they are so abundant even at 2 LP for many. The high demand/rare ones are still rough but lesser demand/more common 2LP you can go get for free on trader. Don't need to save everything for future build explorations because i can go buy so easily.

For overall health of market I think they need to put a higher cost to sell but lower reputation requirements to reach being able to buy exalted/unique items (not weapons). Fully appreciate making it take some work as obvious RMA detorrent but having a lvl 90+ and second lvl 85+ character i still can't buy uniques w/ LP of any kind. Have 490k rep to go to do that and thats a pretty nasty grind between farming and selling shit to generate rep. All and all its a good and fresh idea to trading though so after some tweaking i think they will have built a pretty robust system that can't be abused heavily by RMA and doesn't have the buy/resell bullshit that can ruin a game.

I am trader too. I am not sure how you can't buy uniques w/LP. Are you not rank 8 yet? Just *list* an item and then unlist it. Rinse/repeat. Makes rank 10 pretty ez to get with typical favor farming, and it earns the most amount of rep possible, you get more per point doing that than gambling from that merchant vendor. You blow your favor that way, but its quick level up for the most part.

But yeah, I have a friend thats cof and while it's nice, trader is much easier to play for my style. I dont want to sift through tons of loot. I want to get money, then buy what i need. Meanwhile I'm on snore while my friend keeps sorting through all his loot.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I finally got my mage to the majasa fight but phase 2 where it goes melee just instantly kills me during a stun.

Is there a good place to farm gear or xp to respec or get a bit more defensive stats since I assume I can't do any other content besides story maps at this point?