Last Epoch

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I didn't have issues with the squid boy or the snake bitch. Maybe it's because I went Sentinel? Pretty much face tanked them both.
They're both pretty reliant on having enough phys resist and hp and yeah sentinel can usually get both pretty easily. But any char imo that gets their phys resist fixed by chapter 8 to like 60% or higher shouldn't have trouble with either. On my very first run I did die on Lagon on my necro who had like no gear at all since there wasn't a need for it before that so I got caught by surprise, and it was only the beam that killed me. After that I figured I'd just fix my gear before getting to him and I've never died again to him(in campaign, I did die once on the monolith version to the wave spam shit on one char).

As for the last boss I never died once to her even on my first char. By default since every char gets their phys resist fixed for Lagon, it's still capped for her and all she does is phys dmg pretty much(her totems in phase 1 also do fire/cold/poison but they die really quickly and don't do much dmg so can ignore that). My first necro ran into more issues since I still didn't have capped phys at that point and she ignores the bone golem with some of her moves but it wasn't enough to kill me if I kept running in circles, and then the minions would kill her/heal me so it was just a matter of time to win. After that every other char stomped her, including my Void Knight who took like 10mins to kill her cause the single target damage was so fucking bad at that point(would have killed her in seconds if I farmed to 56 to equip an Odachi though). The others had enough damage to melt her so she didn't do much of anything too, on some of them she didn't even do a single move(poison necro phased her during her first petrify and she died before she was done with the first heal for example, that build had stupid single target).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I beat the campaign. After dying a bunch to near one shots in p2 but finally killing the last boss I get boots with 57% physical resist of course.

Anyway the campaign is pretty scattered. The whole story itself isn't awful, but it's kind of badly told. The ending wasn't set up at all that I can tell, instead it's just kind of occurred and the big bad is just new right at the end. Now maybe that's because there's more story to come in future updates do really the entire campaign is just a preamble but who knows.

I did one monolith run it's decent. Overall it's still way better than D4, but there's a bunch of polish and minor tweaks they could do. No idea how balanced stuff is right now but fuck balance, the fact that you can actually make builds and feel like characters play differently.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is there any point in filling these bars all the way?

1709184651280.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there any point in filling these bars all the way?

View attachment 517051
No. I believe all it gets you is buffer in case you die on the timeline quests (or other nodes), which causes you to lose stability

I beat the campaign. After dying a bunch to near one shots in p2 but finally killing the last boss I get boots with 57% physical resist of course.

Anyway the campaign is pretty scattered. The whole story itself isn't awful, but it's kind of badly told. The ending wasn't set up at all that I can tell, instead it's just kind of occurred and the big bad is just new right at the end. Now maybe that's because there's more story to come in future updates do really the entire campaign is just a preamble but who knows.

I did one monolith run it's decent. Overall it's still way better than D4, but there's a bunch of polish and minor tweaks they could do. No idea how balanced stuff is right now but fuck balance, the fact that you can actually make builds and feel like characters play differently.
Yeah the campaign isn’t finished. They decided to finish all the mechanics, systems, classes, etc and just release it as 1.0.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No. I believe all it gets you is buffer in case you die on the timeline quests (or other nodes), which causes you to lose stability

Yeah the campaign isn’t finished. They decided to finish all the mechanics, systems, classes, etc and just release it as 1.0.
Dying doesn't reduce stability as far as I've seen. The only thing that seemed to is when I killed Abomination the other day but forgot to speak with the spirit to claim my blessing, and then I noticed I was now short on stability to requeue and had to run another echo or two before I could attempt. Not entirely sure if it works for other bosses though

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Dying doesn't reduce stability as far as I've seen. The only thing that seemed to is when I killed Abomination the other day but forgot to speak with the spirit to claim my blessing, and then I noticed I was now short on stability to requeue and had to run another echo or two before I could attempt. Not entirely sure if it works for other bosses though
Maybe it’s just when you die and fail on the timeline quests specifically. I know I’ve attempted a timeline quest as soon as I could, died in it, then had to do other nodes to get stability back up because it dropped when I died and I couldn’t immediately do the quest again.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the first 3 Blessing you can choose from after killing a Timeline boss random? On my Offline character, when I finished the Fall of the Outcasts timeline, there was a Blessing that increased Unique drop rate, but now on my Online character, that blessing wasn't available.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

If you fail a timeline quest you lose stability, including the final boss. You then have to earn it back by running more islands in the monolith before you can try again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I didn't have issues with the squid boy or the snake bitch. Maybe it's because I went Sentinel? Pretty much face tanked them both.
Was having trouble on my void knight, but my gear sucks and my build is probably suboptimal. Just wasn't cranking out enough damage, and took forever. My necro was much faster, but one or two mistakes and splat.

Doesn't help I'm not very good at some of the twitchier shit.

Caliane

Yeah, story is a mess. I was shocked they were going 1.0 with an incomplete campaign. it is incomplete. They intend to finish it later.

was it here or somewhere else I was discussing arpg storylines? this is a mess, incomprehensible. it'd be bad even without the timetravel/alt realities. d3 is of course awful as well. poorly written cartoon villains. a plot twist that is so obvious, it make OUR character retarded for going along with it.
PoE actually has a fantastic story acts 1-5. Piety, Malachai, and the beast. the act6-10 retcons however are pretty rough really. the beast, sin, and Innocence are blatant retcons. suddenly now the Oriathians, including the player char templar worship a god who was never even named up to this point.. 6-10 is fine within itself, but it was NOT retroactively added in well at all. They didn't really add dialogue, iconography, or anything to the previous chapters to make it fit. Only the character select changed. and the map storyline retcons over time are even worse. Sirious is stupid. Elder was ok.

Last epoch redid their introduction I want to say 3 times. I forget the very first version. second version each char had their own intro. you started in those hills, as the osprix are raiding.
you'd go up to a small camp, get sent ahead to find/rescue the keepers that are being attacked. small miniboss fight. the female keeper would be wounded. she gives you the epoch shard, where it activates and sends you to the future.

It was much shorter, and better imho. the dialogue heavy/minitown version of now is too slow. no greal in the early versions. I assume they wanted you to meet him earlier, so there is more connection later. Yulia as it is you meet more often. more time with human greal.

Path of Exiles intro is near perfect. which IDK. I get you want to establish your own identity at the start of a game.. but poe twilight strand is perfect.

you load in, but the world is frozen. first off, this creates a FANTASTIC READY SET GO!!! for racing. the map is already loaded in. no trying to handshake at char select and everyone trying to load in at once.
There is a weapon on the ground. and a ! dying exile to talk to. No enemies. there is actually a barrier preventing you from leaving the small cove without talking to the dying exile.
talk to the guy. on no zombie! on killing the zombie, drops a skillgem. barrier doesn't go away till you slot the gem.
(small nitpick, it would be better if instead of invisible magic barrier, there was a destructible log in the way. and you need to use your skill gem to break it.)

moving on, enemies! and shortly a small glowing chest! same deal, theirs a magic wall till you grab and slot the support gem.

brutus fight, and required to place a skillpoint to enter town.
(another small nitpick, the brutus fight will likely drain your mana, and possibly life flasks. this fight should include adds, to demonstrate recharging them on kills.)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah no battle with Eternal Emperor guy is a womp but they put enough into this, very easy to look past it.

Hopefully they go huge with an xpac and a stronger and more learn-ed than ever team after this ordeal.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you have issues with Majasa even after a respec just run some monos util you get better gear. I got a wand that tripled my damage and I skated through.

Caliane

personally I wonder if they pivoted on the big bad. Majasa and apophis was added later in development. storyline WAS pointing to eternal emperor fight, and the void being released there. I was assuming it was OUR fault. I don't know if it was always intended as a fakeout, of if they pivoted on the idea the void is our fault.

the new act 1 was redone AFTER majasa/apophis was added. you'd think apophis would have been brought up there a bit. As I noted, they did add greal to act 1.

Which again.. poe nails it. piety as the direct antagonist, and obstacle to us. we keep seeing her. and malachai keeps being brought up, so we learn alot about him, long before confronting him.

so in terms of story. we still don't know how the void was contained in majelka for 1000 years. We don't know exactly how greal becomes the emperor, despite being warned.
some possibilities. he dies fighting rahyeh, and yulia turns to necromancy to bring him back. hes not the same. or, maybe he contains the void in himself or something, to prevent is spreading in divine era, and killing him in imperial era releases it. and containing the void is what turns him and yulia into undead. or, he could do it to himself in rage/vengeance to kill rahyeh. atm, probably the middle option. he contains the void, he and yulia are turned undead. it being the only option would make sense for why they would do it, despite the warning. yulia's betrayal in the imperial era probably breaks the void free. which results in void puppet emperor we see in ruined era.

it should be noted, she recognizes us, but he doesnt seem to.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've played ARPGs since they became a genre.

PoE, D1,D2,D3,D4, Lost Ark, Last Epoch, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Baldurs Gste Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Champions of Norrath, Marvel Heros etc etc.

I could not tell you the first thing about any one of those stories.

It boils down to kill shit and get loot, and is it fun and engaging to do so.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are the first 3 Blessing you can choose from after killing a Timeline boss random? On my Offline character, when I finished the Fall of the Outcasts timeline, there was a Blessing that increased Unique drop rate, but now on my Online character, that blessing wasn't available.
Yes they are random. If you want a different one you rerun the timeline again. Don’t do that until empowered though.

Caliane

and to be clear, they are not completely random. each location has an assortment it can pick from.
when choosing a blessing there is a % roll for its value. so will want to reroll them to get high rolls.

And, empowered timelines give "grand" blessings, which are stronger.

here you can click the monolith, then boss items, to see location specific unique drops, echo rewards for specific echo drops, and blessings to see the location specific blessings.
this also shows the blessings are not completely random at location either. age of winter for example, will always have grael, heorot, or jormun in slot 1 to choose from. slots 2 and 3 is random from the rest.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, sorry. Should’ve said they’re random from their own little pool.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
PoE has a pretty good overall story plus the endgame horror storyline. LE needs some serious work. I like the concept of time travel for an arpg but I think the overall story is a steaming pile. D2 was great. D3 was meh. Grim Dawn I remember being ok

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They could definitely use some some better writers and more interesting quests. The music also sucks. They should hire Borislav Slavov.

Gameplay is fantastic. Visuals and art style is pretty good.

• 2Like