Last Epoch

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is there usefulness to have resists over 75? I was wondering if I need them higher to mitigate penetrant from mobs so it's as close to 75 as possible.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're just too used to the "zoomer" effect of PoE. The only class that gets even remotely close to that level of movement speed IMO is Rogue. Everything else is going to be waiting on cooldowns.
Early on in the development cycle they came out and stated they wanted something other than the PoE type game play to where the entire screen explodes as you dash around.

Different strokes for different folks, but watching a high end game stream of PoE is awful. Cast 1 or 2 spells, zip across half the map, and shit explodes.

While some may enjoy it, I am glad there is a middle ground found here.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there usefulness to have resists over 75? I was wondering if I need them higher to mitigate penetrant from mobs so it's as close to 75 as possible.
Some mobs have shred and shock will also shred lightning, but it isn't nearly as important as in poe where you usually overcap to account for curses and because resists are so important in mitigating damage, in this game if your resist drop to 60% you're "only" taking 15% more damage, which usually is fine. You can even run with uncapped resists and not be in too much trouble as long as they're decently high and you don't facetank the high damage things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I watched a couple of videos before I bought the game to see what it was about and such. Almost all of them went over the classes and they all said it doesn't matter you can get through the game with anything, so why was that 75% of your video?

I did watch the guy in the hoodie. I've seen him before doing D4 in the week that D4 was actually semi popular.

I'm sure it's some setting in the game I have checked wrong or something. In town I don't get any titles to tell what someone is or what they do like a vendor or anything else unless I walk over and click on them. Just a group of random people standing around waiting for you to click on each one.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Early on in the development cycle they came out and stated they wanted something other than the PoE type game play to where the entire screen explodes as you dash around.

Different strokes for different folks, but watching a high end game stream of PoE is awful. Cast 1 or 2 spells, zip across half the map, and shit explodes.

While some may enjoy it, I am glad there is a middle ground found here.

This. That psychotic frenetic kill 2340 mobs across 4 screens in 1.3 seconds rinse repeat "gameplay" is fucking AIDS.

Anyone who says they enjoy it is really saying they're addicted to the skinner box under the hood.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That guy has an endgame guide that I was listening to this morning. I don't know who any of these people are, and like Borzak Borzak said, it seems there's this big blood of just random video game dorks making videos that you don't necessarily learn anything useful from. For whatever reason this game is really bad about it. Most of the class guide videos and stuff I found are almost impossible to watch or listen to.

This guy's at least somewhat normal.

I don't know if maybe YouTube is prioritizing newer content versus old stuff because I know the game's been out for a long time, but most of the videos that are popping up are all recent. Is there somebody out there that's got a bunch of older stuff that would still be applicable to 1.0?

I would say no because they changed some of the crafting rules near the end of the beta and I don't know how up to date/correct they are.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This. That psychotic frenetic kill 2340 mobs across 4 screens in 1.3 seconds rinse repeat "gameplay" is fucking AIDS.

Anyone who says they enjoy it is really saying they're addicted to the skinner box under the hood.

Sorry but most people enjoy this, and one of the most popular builds on LE already is falconer explodey ballistas which do exactly that.

You may not enjoy it, but you are in an extreme minority. This has always been a defining feature of ARPGs

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but most people enjoy this, and one of the most popular builds on LE already is falconer explodey ballistas which do exactly that.

You may not enjoy it, but you are in an extreme minority. This has always been a defining feature of ARPGs

Lol.

An extreme minority within another extreme minority? Perhaps.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Made a 10 row loot filter thats super strict for upgrades specific for my build, will see how long it takes to find even one!

Experimental is only from mages right?

Caliane

yeah. Path of exile started much much slower, and more deliberate. remember freeze pulse, etc...
but yeah, people like making autobombers, 1 button builds and clear speed builds.

Both are absolutely a thing here too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone that doesn't enjoy Herald of Ice self-chaining explosions is lying or hasn't tried it.

Anyway, that's not the point. The amount of walking between packs is boring and I don't feel like the class I've tried(Sentinel) quite has enough tools to mitigate that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone that doesn't enjoy Herald of Ice self-chaining explosions is lying or hasn't tried it.

Anyway, that's not the point. The amount of walking between packs is boring and I don't feel like the class I've tried(Sentinel) quite has enough tools to mitigate that.

There's a sweet spot. Killing things fast is fun. Moving fast is fun.

If you're spam-clicking the map so you can teleport every .0003 seconds and blow everything on the screen up in .000002 seconds then you've removed literally all of the gameplay. So why are you even still playing? Because you're addicted to skinner box number-get-bigger. That's the AIDS gameplay I'm talking about.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
yeah. Path of exile started much much slower, and more deliberate. remember freeze pulse, etc...
but yeah, people like making autobombers, 1 button builds and clear speed builds.

Both are absolutely a thing here too.

I'll never understand those playstyles but whatever. I like things like the runemaster where i have combos I can pull off at perfect times and chokepoints.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

If you're spam-clicking the map so you can teleport every .0003 seconds and blow everything on the screen up in .000002 seconds then you've removed literally all of the gameplay. So why are you even still playing? Because you're addicted to skinner box number-get-bigger. That's the AIDS gameplay I'm talking about.
Totes agree. I like active combat but still rational enough that you can understand what is going on.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That guy has an endgame guide that I was listening to this morning. I don't know who any of these people are, and like Borzak Borzak said, it seems there's this big blood of just random video game dorks making videos that you don't necessarily learn anything useful from. For whatever reason this game is really bad about it. Most of the class guide videos and stuff I found are almost impossible to watch or listen to.

This guy's at least somewhat normal.

I don't know if maybe YouTube is prioritizing newer content versus old stuff because I know the game's been out for a long time, but most of the videos that are popping up are all recent. Is there somebody out there that's got a bunch of older stuff that would still be applicable to 1.0?
I used to watch Rax when I was really into D3 with my kids a few years ago. We would play and watch his stream together and sometimes join his group. He would would help me blast my kids through some content to get them some drops. Not saying I know him RL or he is a buddy or anything. I just used my prime sub on him for a few months and he would respond to me in chat when I had questions for my kids builds. Overall a very chill and knowledgeable dude that plays ARPGs for a living.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I know you're exaggerating, but you seem to be describing Headhunter gameplay. I've never been a fan of that either, but not for how fast it gets. I don't like the implicit pressure of having to use the stolen buffs before they expire. I alt tab frequently.

Let me try to describe it another way. I think the speed of combat is irrelevant. PoE feels slow as shit at the start too. But it gives you the tools to fix that with implicit opportunity costs. With LE lacking tools, even if you enjoy slower combat, it can feel like the game is forcing slow combat instead of the player deciding to play that way.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched a couple of videos before I bought the game to see what it was about and such. Almost all of them went over the classes and they all said it doesn't matter you can get through the game with anything, so why was that 75% of your video?

I did watch the guy in the hoodie. I've seen him before doing D4 in the week that D4 was actually semi popular.

I'm sure it's some setting in the game I have checked wrong or something. In town I don't get any titles to tell what someone is or what they do like a vendor or anything else unless I walk over and click on them. Just a group of random people standing around waiting for you to click on each one.
Those NPCs have icons on the mini map that tell you what they do.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Something fucky seems to be going on with my runemaster. Every time I add dex on gear, my damage on plasma orb is going down, but it should be going up since i'm using fundamental criterion... Not losing any other damage stats to get the dex either, just straight up adding dex on build and damage going down.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Monolith question.

I'm only mid 60s and just running through the quests to do each monolith timeline. I've done two so far. If I want to get a specific unique (cradle of the erased), LE tools says to target farm the Black sun timeline looking for shield rewards. Should I do this or should I wait until I get to "empowered" monoliths down the line?